EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky for Douttas that Marbys kicking was very inaccurate,mind you the wind was howling across the ground so it was difficult.
There physical presence around stoppages is very good and with the addition of bullen they have some good hard ball nuts.Heath Ayres destroyed them on the weekend and I reckon himself and greenvales Dennis bicer are two of the biggest ball magnets in park football.

Ricky Marcy has had the odd bout (once a week) of leather poisoning......

Learning under the AFL blokes like MCGuane & McPeherson makes much more difference. I remember when M/Connell coached Abers a few years back the players got heaps out of it and even Doutta's with Barnes this season have improved (even though there great fans potted me last week). Top weekend boys - 3 goals 5 for the game.

Yes you have so many players out of course. The list say's Ramsay, Wilson back in. Who was out? Kade. Anybody else reasonalbe? Not these other fringe players you always talk about.
Marbo Park who has another Ex afl coach in Holland are really impressing.
They pants you mob and it looked like Barling and Kinnear both didnt play.

Bad luck to our boys. WC just couldnt miss and were tough at the football. They were kicking everything and are very hard at the football. Robby Taylor blitz them and I think Looby played his best game for our club.

Bad Luck? You can't call a 44 point defeat bad luck. Come back from Mars you space cadet and take a reality pill. You are kidding yourself again Remus......

Now onto this weeks game Marby down there,very very tough game,hopefully we have some to come in but im not really sure to tell the truth.Ill be loitering around the Marby Barby devouring burgers MMMMmmmm :thumbsu:

THE DREBTER

Drebster, how did you find those Marby Barby burgers on the weekend, really only good thing about the day for the doutta people was the burgers. Craigieburn turn this week to try out the burgers, and GO MARBY!

was just wondering when vinnie "the nose" randello is expected to be back for the jets?? he has missed a few now along with a heap of other jets players and just wanted to know when his nose was back in action.

who would have thought the jets would be sitting on top of the table undefeated at this stage of the season. question is...do they need to lose one before finals to get the monkey off the back?? i think not. jets in a clean sweep!!

Drebster, how did you find those Marby Barby burgers on the weekend, really only good thing about the day for the doutta people was the burgers. Craigieburn turn this week to try out the burgers, and GO MARBY!
Not sure about the Drebster, but from what I saw of the game, Marby too big, too strong!! Douttas battled it out for 3 quarters but got blown away in the last in tough conditions down by the river. Some big bodies down there and will definitely give the Jets a shake come finals time...and you can never write off Keilor of course. Douttas are still having a crack each week but their depth has been exposed by injuries/overseas departures etc. And they may not be superstars out of the side apart from Carey but still some important players to the structure of the team.
Here's hoping we can regroup and finish off what has been a respectable season!! :thumbsu:

Well the final four looks just about settled with the likely positions being-
1. Greenvale
2. Marby
3. Keilor
4. Strathmore

Personally I think the Mores match up well against Keilor and the showndown result in Round 16 at Cross Keys may decide who starts favourite in the Elimination Final. Keilor lost both regular season encounters in 2008 before running away with the preliminary final against the Mores so anything is possible.

Marby are my tip for the flag but they face a massive obstacle in the Jets. They just keep on winning despite having possibly the 3rd best list in the comp. The Jets defence is there weapon and the return of TK has been a massive boost. Marby have many goal scoring options compared to Greenvale and will rely heavily on their midfield to supply them.

My tip to play Marby in the GF is Keilor. They have clearly the best attack in the comp as you will see they have scored 300 points more than any other team and their defence is second only to Greenvale.

The Blues will have great belief in themselves after pulling off the unwinnable GF last year. McGuane is a genius and I'm sure he isn't too worried about what he has seen in the recent losses to Marby and the Jets.

The key is to free up Garth from either Barling or TK depending on who they play as he is a match winner when on song. He will love the open spaces of a Coburg or Windy Hill and may bring up his ton in a final.

What does everyone else think of the contenders and who is the best side your team has played?

Well the final four looks just about settled with the likely positions being-
1. Greenvale
2. Marby
3. Keilor
4. Strathmore

Personally I think the Mores match up well against Keilor and the showndown result in Round 16 at Cross Keys may decide who starts favourite in the Elimination Final. Keilor lost both regular season encounters in 2008 before running away with the preliminary final against the Mores so anything is possible.

Marby are my tip for the flag but they face a massive obstacle in the Jets. They just keep on winning despite having possibly the 3rd best list in the comp. The Jets defence is there weapon and the return of TK has been a massive boost. Marby have many goal scoring options compared to Greenvale and will rely heavily on their midfield to supply them.

My tip to play Marby in the GF is Keilor. They have clearly the best attack in the comp as you will see they have scored 300 points more than any other team and their defence is second only to Greenvale.

The Blues will have great belief in themselves after pulling off the unwinnable GF last year. McGuane is a genius and I'm sure he isn't too worried about what he has seen in the recent losses to Marby and the Jets.

The key is to free up Garth from either Barling or TK depending on who they play as he is a match winner when on song. He will love the open spaces of a Coburg or Windy Hill and may bring up his ton in a final.

What does everyone else think of the contenders and who is the best side your team has played?

not to sure if the 4 is completely settled. massive gamedown at the keys this weekend. strathmore vs west coburg. if west coburg can beat them it will make for an interesting end.
strathmores run home is Keilor, greenvale and douttas
west coburg-Craigeburn, Marby and Keilor

MMmmmmm i had me a burger with the lot and it was good as for the game well we fell apart in the last quarter and it ended up being a big loss,as funny as it sounds there were some good signs during the game,in particular the first 3 quarters but yeah Marby are good and will be a chance for the flag one would think and a big chance.

THE DREBSTER(Im out tomorrow night so watch the F#$K out,lock ya missus up or ill spear em)

MMmmmmm i had me a burger with the lot and it was good as for the game well we fell apart in the last quarter and it ended up being a big loss,as funny as it sounds there were some good signs during the game,in particular the first 3 quarters but yeah Marby are good and will be a chance for the flag one would think and a big chance.

THE DREBSTER(Im out tomorrow night so watch the F#$K out,lock ya missus up or ill spear em)

DOUTTA STARS FOOTBALL CLUB PRESENTS...

"The North Melbourne Premiership Years"

Special guests include:
The game's greatest Wayne Carey, other stars from the premiership era & more...

SATURDAY 8th AUGUST
7PM - MIDNIGHT

Ultima Function Centre
cnr Keilor Park Drive & Ely Court KEILOR

$100 per head (PLUS special deals for group bookings)
Includes 2 course meal, beer, wine & soft drink

Contact Brett Anderson on 0407 545 222 for more details / tickets

OR Email: a.c.services@bigpond.com OR amberday@optusnet.com.au

Always got to be one idiot!

Very tough behind a computer screen champ...

???

he didn't say he was gonna belt Kelly Stevens, just asked if she was attending. Where does the being tough come into it? He's being stupid, not tough!:D

Are those scores right Doutta v Glenroy yesterday??? Both grades.
Disappointing for the league such a blowout.:thumbsdown:
Did Ramsey play??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Ramsey play??

It's not Glenroy's fault.

It wasn't through a lack of trying that they didn't remain in B- Grade. The club knew it wouldn't have the financial resources to compete at this stage with the bigger clubs, and on top of that the club suffered a mass player exodus because pussies were too afraid to compete in A- Grade, but the EDFL said they had to move up in accordance with regulations.

What can you do? You just persevere and try and go back to B- Grade with your pride in tact and head held high. The Roys are doing the best they can with what they have, of this I am certain. But it really has been a case of lambs to the slaughter, the side they have ATM probably wouldn't win the B- Grade flag, in fact even make finals.

Did Ramsey play??

Everyone expects Glenroy to get smashed every week, the embarrassing result is Craigieburn, for a team that at the start of the year would have thought themselves a chance for the 4 to lose by 200 points is disgraceful.

It's not Glenroy's fault.

It wasn't through a lack of trying that they didn't remain in B- Grade. The club knew it wouldn't have the financial resources to compete at this stage with the bigger clubs, and on top of that the club suffered a mass player exodus because pussies were too afraid to compete in A- Grade, but the EDFL said they had to move up in accordance with regulations.

What can you do? You just persevere and try and go back to B- Grade with your pride in tact and head held high. The Roys are doing the best they can with what they have, of this I am certain. But it really has been a case of lambs to the slaughter, the side they have ATM probably wouldn't win the B- Grade flag, in fact even make finals.
Glenroy would not get any where near the finals in B grade with their 2009 team. Very weak performance by all the players that left. Players that have stayed should be commended. The 2 competitions will be good next year when Oak Park go back to A grade and glenroy go back to B grade. It wouldnt matter who went up from B grade last year, they all would have come straight back down. A grade is about 3 levels above at the moment.

Glenroy would not get any where near the finals in B grade with their 2009 team. Very weak performance by all the players that left. Players that have stayed should be commended. The 2 competitions will be good next year when Oak Park go back to A grade and glenroy go back to B grade. It wouldnt matter who went up from B grade last year, they all would have come straight back down. A grade is about 3 levels above at the moment.

The Glenroy thing is a joke! I respect all the players, coaches and supporters for putting in 100% week in and out.
BUT - Whoever it was. The 1970's Edfl board or Glenroy President and co. are a disgrace for there decision. If Glenroy wanted too stay in B Div and Oak Park in A then it should of happen.
Thanks to whoever it was, for stuffing up what has been a great A grade season so far.
I'd be tipping all the Bgrade clubs would be feeling the same thing.
By the way, Keilor fc smashed us big time yesterday.

The Glenroy thing is a joke! I respect all the players, coaches and supporters for putting in 100% week in and out.
BUT - Whoever it was. The 1970's Edfl board or Glenroy President and co. are a disgrace for there decision. If Glenroy wanted too stay in B Div and Oak Park in A then it should of happen.
Thanks to whoever it was, for stuffing up what has been a great A grade season so far.
Im pretty sure glenroy did wont to stay in b grade , but the edfl didnt give them a choice.

As they should have.

In this case I am not so sure. Given how lop sided it has made the B- Grade competition and how un- competitive Glenroy have been, it's essentially been a no-win situation both ways and quite detrimental.

It's hard for the EDFL because it could set a precedent for B- Grade premiers pleading not to go up to A- Grade just because it would be easier to stay down, but Glenroy's situation was very bleak.

Obviously Oak Park will be back in A- Grade next year and Glenroy back in B- Grade so the natural order of things will be back in order, and I wouldn't mind if the EDFL introduced a "non automatic promotion" clause where by they exhaustively examine a sides financial viability and playing personnel before concluding whether or not they are fit to move up.

It will never happen, and I'm not saying that it absolutely should, but if they chose to adopt it I would have no complaints. The ideal thing to do would be to have a match between the side that finished bottom in A- Grade and the premier of B- Grade, perhaps sometime late in the pre- season, to determine how competitive the side is, but I doubt that would be feasible.

It may have been a disgraceful decision however you need to reward a team for winning the B Grade Grand Final and for the side that finishes last in A Grade needs to be relegated.

Making excuses for Glenroy not retaining players or recruiting is crap - they knew about the flag in September last year - plenty of time to retain and recruit.

There needs to be consistency and i believe the right call was made, sadly for Glenroy they have been miles away from it.

You can't have rules in place and then change them on case by case mid pre season as someone else suggested.

Ooh and Remus Junior - stop acting to be an Abers person, we all know you're not. You are definately a Marbi person and i'm pretty confident i know who you are!

Very disappointing on Saturday for Keilor supporters, interested in hearing Dean Rioli address Aberfeldie at three quarter time, to be abused by a person believed to be the Aberfeldie President. There was only about 10 supporters at the huddle and eight were from Keilor- surely the practice of listening to opposing coaches isn't becoming outlawed. If Keilor sought to see off other teams supporters wanting to see and hear Mick in action we'd need a bus load of security guards.

It may have been a disgraceful decision however you need to reward a team for winning the B Grade Grand Final and for the side that finishes last in A Grade needs to be relegated.

Making excuses for Glenroy not retaining players or recruiting is crap - they knew about the flag in September last year - plenty of time to retain and recruit.

There needs to be consistency and i believe the right call was made, sadly for Glenroy they have been miles away from it.

You can't have rules in place and then change them on case by case mid pre season as someone else suggested.

Ooh and Remus Junior - stop acting to be an Abers person, we all know you're not. You are definately a Marbi person and i'm pretty confident i know who you are!

How is that crap? You clearly don't have an understanding of what is going on behind closed doors in this circumstance. Not long ago at all, Glenroy were in a very rough spot for a number of years with their lack of resources and were struggling to keep their head above water. New administration and better financial management has helped keep the Roys afloat however the club still has to dedicate much of it's expenditure to off- field neccessities. This has mean't that through their re- building phase they haven't had the monetary excess of the bigger clubs to pay- off top quality players. Even the side they possessed last season that won the B- Grade flag was built around playing for the love of the jumper than for the big dollars. Unfortunately, the best and worst thing they did was win a premiership so soon, something that I don't think was forecast. When a side doesn't have the financial capability to recruit quality players, then it doesn't matter how well aware they that they need to recruit, they simply can't. On top of that, the club suffered a mass player exodus. You say they had enough time to retain players, well again, what can the club do? If a player wants to leave, he is going to leave, you can't hold a gun (or in Glenroy's case, a masive pay packet) to his head and make him stay. Yes, Glenroy did apply to stay in B- Grade for these reasons, but it's a credit to them that they didn't make a big song and dance about it and create a publicised scuffle with the EDFL, and just accepted the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back