EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you are saying but sometimes its not always the clubs fault.
Some of those blokes i know, have moved on for other reasons and i know that Matt Kelly and Ben Weston are still at the club as i saw them Monday night..
Lets be honest football is not about loyalty anymore (very few are loyal these days) and have a look at other clubs they are the same boat..

I wish the blokes who left all the very best for the coming season and as for the blokes who are staying i hope the comittee is doing its best to get them good support.

The club has a new president and comittee and from what i hear they are on the right track off the field and on the field things will turn around, i believe you will see a lot more kids playing this coming season..

i really hope your right, and the club is heading in the right direction, cause i've seen alot of excellent footballers come and go, because of certain w***ers at the club, so i hope they can get a good core of young players together that will take them to the next step and hang around for a while.
So bricksta are you the man to tell us who they have recriuted, you said you were there on monday night so you must know, stop passing the buck and tell us. Cheers

i really hope your right, and the club is heading in the right direction, cause i've seen alot of excellent footballers come and go, because of certain w***ers at the club, so i hope they can get a good core of young players together that will take them to the next step and hang around for a while.
So bricksta are you the man to tell us who they have recriuted, you said you were there on monday night so you must know, stop passing the buck and tell us. Cheers

No one that i know mate, that is no BIG NAME players, and i think that is a good way for the club to go.

Saw a few new faces but not sure who they were, i guess we will all find out some more with the clearance forms going on line over the coming days, weeks!

Just didnt see anyone over 6'3

Maybe the boy's from Buckley don't want to share everything they are doing with all the anonymous footy heads out in cyber space. As eddie once said........all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Pretty quiet on here boys so i'll have a crack at the ladder.
Keilor - good list - great coach
Marby - could possibly recruit anyone they set their sights on.
Greenvale - few outs (mainly older players). Surely have a few recruits.
Strathmore - maybe the sleeping giant with a few good recruits.
Craigieburn - same as Strathmore.
West Coburg - not much news - very hard to beat at home.
Abers - will start off well but fade away.
Avondale - not much news coming out of Avondale.
Doutta's - Need Carey to stay fit all year to win 4-5 games.
Glenroy - Passionate team but with no recruits may struggle. Hopefully win a few.
Thoughts ?:)
keilor vs marby i believe,could be interesting start to the year.will marby do it hard second year in

Seriosly forget all the crap with b grade oakers will blow the comp away, A grade list stuck in the shit for one year 70 at training books closed serious list experience plus youth mid field would belt most A grade clubs check the transfers and add the ex abers captain.

Oak Park are favourites but i wouldnt be writing off pascoe vale or keilor park, both have done very well and are building good team lists

Bricksta.
I'm told that the tankards are gone, ryan moore is on the move after recovering from knee surgery, Matt kelly, james phillpot. david caccamo has been in talks with west coburg, nick whelan, paul clemente, ben weston.
People might say that a few of these aren't great one's players. But when they've got no one to replace them with, there depth is gone, or whatever depth they had.
For the last 2 or 3 years people have been coming on here and saying D.S have picked all these guys and they're keeping them under raps, what a load of sh*t!! if they'd picked up anyone decent it would be all over here.
The people of D.S.F.C have to wake up and realise that people don't like playing footy there, in all the recriuts they've had over the last 5 years only kade carey and aaron ramsey come to mind as the only ones that have stayed around, so whats that tell you?????

I want to ask some Douttas people about the new club rooms being built. It looks pretty small and I've been told that the building is going to include the change rooms as well?? The old club rooms are then becoming the cricket rooms??

Heard from a lot of douttas people that they are not happy and would have much preferred double-storey??

I want to ask some Douttas people about the new club rooms being built. It looks pretty small and I've been told that the building is going to include the change rooms as well?? The old club rooms are then becoming the cricket rooms??

Heard from a lot of douttas people that they are not happy and would have much preferred double-storey??

NEVER THE CASE..

the rooms are being built to replace the Buckly Park CC rooms.

As per every other year we get the rooms over the footy season as our Juniors play on the top ground as well.

Never anything for the Footy Club...

Lots of People Have Lots to say on this website, i hear they are not happy, i hear he has gone, seriously .JUST WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN CLUBS!!

Bricksta is correct the old Mott pavilion on the top oval is to be demolished to make way for a new tennis court for the Buckley Park Tennis Club. The new pavilion is being built ostensibly for the BPCC in summer.
The DSFC will utilise the pavilion for the junior teams on Sundays. The DSCC and DSFC will stay where they are as the social rooms in the new pavilion are to small.

NEVER THE CASE..

As per every other year we get the rooms over the footy season as our Juniors play on the top ground as well.

Lots of People Have Lots to say on this website, i hear they are not happy, i hear he has gone, seriously .JUST WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN CLUBS!!

If everyone just worried about there own clubs this forum would be pretty boring?!?!? In fact it would be blank. I think that's the idea of these sites is to ask questions and talk about what people have heard. Fill us in if the others are off the mark..... ;)

NEVER THE CASE..

Apologies there brick but that's what i heard from a few douttas people a while back and then i played cricket there on the weekend and thought i'd ask.

If everyone just worried about there own clubs this forum would be pretty boring?!?!? In fact it would be blank. I think that's the idea of these sites is to ask questions and talk about what people have heard. Fill us in if the others are off the mark..... ;)

what my point is Bomber, dont spread rumours, ask a question and you get an answer...its not hard:thumbsu:

Apologies there brick but that's what i heard from a few douttas people a while back and then i played cricket there on the weekend and thought i'd ask.

No Dramas Prophetic

If they are Douttas people then they wouldnt say stuff like that, they are probably just some of people who just sit on the hill and think they know what is going on.

Probably the same people that spriuk when the club is flying saying they are major sponsors... But when the club is not going that well abuse the players and the committee :eek:

yes it gets to people after a while!!!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is true:eek::)

Not just Doutta, but noticed most A Grade clubs other than Craigieburn and to a lesser degree Marbi have either slack club secretarys or have not recruited well over the summer as there are not many "ins" clearances to date. Perhaps the Eagles might finally be the real deal in 2009 as their ins seem good quaility.

You would think any players signed up after Feb would be considered leftovers.

Not just Doutta, but noticed most A Grade clubs other than Craigieburn and to a lesser degree Marbi have either slack club secretarys or have not recruited well over the summer as there are not many "ins" clearances to date. Perhaps the Eagles might finally be the real deal in 2009 as their ins seem good quaility.

hayden lamaro will be a very very good get for cragieburn can play a little bit

Not always the case. There are a few VFL players being cut from squads at the moment. These blokes are generally young, fit and super keen to prove a point and can be good pickups....

You're right though, compared to recent years there has been a definite slow down in the ins column. This may be a good thing and maybe those who thought clubs would just keep spending more and more money until local footy died can breath a little easier as some local talent could get some chances this year...?!?

Think you will find that Next week is when a lot of the clubs will start to put the new players up and Marbi are still trying to entice blokes from AFL clubs to give it away and play for them, CASH CASH CASH not tax :p

Think you will find that Next week is when a lot of the clubs will start to put the new players up and Marbi are still trying to entice blokes from AFL clubs to give it away and play for them, CASH CASH CASH not tax :p

mmmmm, Douttas have never payed players have they? Or have all your recruits been above the table payments?

paying them and overpaying them are 2 different things pooky:eek:

You Doutta Star blokes have an answer for everything, but at the end of the day nothing is happening at your club, things are going downhill quick.
Excuses and answers mean nothing , see you in B grade next year Bricksta.

You Doutta Star blokes have an answer for everything, but at the end of the day nothing is happening at your club, things are going downhill quick.

I don't think it matters how badly or good 9 of the a grade clubs are going, cause glenroy are going to be in a world of pain this year, and go straight back down.

Good to hear from you Mick i was wondering when Pumpkins like you would come crawling out from under your rocks...:thumbsu:

No Excuses and i have Question for you, how do you know how are going and what gives you the impression that we will be in B Grade next year...

I don't think it matters how badly or good 9 of the a grade clubs are going, cause glenroy are going to be in a world of pain this year, and go straight back down.

Its a Long season boys, lets just wait and talk about it after round 6 as by then we should all know who is in trouble and who is on the improve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back