EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on how Craigieburn are looking for this year?
On paper it looks like they have picked up a fair few handy recruits.....
Should be aiming for a spot in the 4. Picked up a CHB from Heidelberg (double or triple premiership player) and a FF from Montmorency (kicked 6 in losing GF) and a number of hard solid on ballers who can go forward and be good for 1-2 goals per game. Only notable losses are Nugent who didn't do much last year and Pappin who has apparently gone to APW with a couple of other Craigieburn boys. On another note Greenvale looked to have lost a few but not picked up many as of yet ? Maybe still have a few clearences to lodge. Keilor to be hard to beat again and hopefully Glenroy can snare a win or 2 but may be in for a long year.:thumbsu:

Don't discount West Coburg.....they will be pushing for a finals spot!! Talk about home ground advantage Jacko....
Home ground advantage! If the boys from Buckley can beat both these sides at home (season 2008) then your home ground advantage theory has more wholes in it than swiss cheese.........

G'day guys. Thought i'd put my 2bobs worth in. Firstly, Tom Delaney has a history of letting people down and i wouldnt think he will play to many games in Spotswoods 1's. Mango obviously is getting on peoples nerves down there and needs an old friend to hold his hand.
Secondly, for what it's worth. Having played in E.D.F.L and W.R.F.L, can honestly say although they are 2 different styles of footy, i think the E.D.F.L is far better quality, and amazes me why players getting to the end of their career in E.D.F.L don't swithch across to earn a little more money.
Thirdly, this so-called rivalry between Abers and Douttas. I played at Abers for a few years and was there when the people who run the club went from footy people to buisness people who thought they new footy and can best sum up the difference between the two clubs like this: I would have no troubles what so ever with my son playing at Abers. They have one of the best Junior set up's going around. However, once he reached an age to play senior footy, i would strongly suggest he look elsewhere. There is a reason that Douttas have won so many 'A' grade flags and Abers have only won 1 'A'grade flag. When it comes to the crunch (i.e must win game) Douttas seem to have the balls. Good luck to Dean this year and i hope for the clubs sake that when the time comes, a line is drawn in the sand and a new breed of player comes out of abers.

Lets get a few things straight here mate, Mango has been great for the Spotswood Football Club over the last two years on and off the park thats why he was named VICE CAPTAIN last year after playing in his first of two flags with us so pull your head in ********!!!! As for Tom Delaney he did whats was right for him, a change, from what im told he gave alot to Glenroy so get off his back!!!!!! I was the Captain at Seddon when i left to play at Spotswood so all im saying is when the club is not doing the right thing by the players you have to make a hard choice and thats what Tom did, do you blame him i wouldnt want to be smashed by 30 goals every week!!!!!! I was let down by Seddon so many times i even went to Div2 with them, now ive captained 2flags at Spotty so i say good on you Tom your going to have the chance to play with a club who looks after there players ummmmm and wins flags maybe 3 in a row!!!!!!

As for EDFL players coming over to the WRFL when they are past it, your kidding me???? Pretty sure some gun player from Douttas i think it was Jimmy Some1 cant recall his name played with St.Albans last year and couldnt get a kick and has gone back to the softer EDFL he got a bath off a rookie twice last year. You boys would jump puddels and would shit yourself if you played in our league you would get slapped around like little bithes!!!!!

Lets get a few things straight here mate, Mango has been great for the Spotswood Football Club over the last two years on and off the park thats why he was named VICE CAPTAIN last year after playing in his first of two flags with us so pull your head in ********!!!! As for Tom Delaney he did whats was right for him, a change, from what im told he gave alot to Glenroy so get off his back!!!!!! I was the Captain at Seddon when i left to play at Spotswood so all im saying is when the club is not doing the right thing by the players you have to make a hard choice and thats what Tom did, do you blame him i wouldnt want to be smashed by 30 goals every week!!!!!! I was let down by Seddon so many times i even went to Div2 with them, now ive captained 2flags at Spotty so i say good on you Tom your going to have the chance to play with a club who looks after there players ummmmm and wins flags maybe 3 in a row!!!!!!

As for EDFL players coming over to the WRFL when they are past it, your kidding me???? Pretty sure some gun player from Douttas i think it was Jimmy Some1 cant recall his name played with St.Albans last year and couldnt get a kick and has gone back to the softer EDFL he got a bath off a rookie twice last year. You boys would jump puddels and would shit yourself if you played in our league you would get slapped around like little bithes!!!!!

Are you the one that is built like Tarzan and plays like Jane?

I am pretty sure that No 6 for Doutta Stars in a practice match 2 years ago made you look like the player you really are!

I I I I I I Ive I I Ive I........give it a spell I man. Get back to your own forum, no one on here could give a flying phuk about your sub standard comp

a few things on tom delaney at glenroy.Came over as friend of coach,won B/F first year,won flag second year in not a great year of footy for him(even he would agree with that)club has worked its butt off to get players but hasnt got the cash to compete against clubs offering blokes over $500 a game.
sometimes you have to take the good with the bad and its so easy to say that you dont want to get flogged every week so u just jump to another team.
PISS WEAK EFFORT!!!
dont you wish that when everything in life was a bit hard you could just jump off

how would you possibly know if the club is doing the right thing by the players or not, you have no idea what the glenroy football club has been doing.
As for tommy, he made a decision (which from experience, is not easy to do) that he feels is right, so all we can do is wish him the best with that decision as there isnt much else we can do. its a shame to see him go.

As for comparisons about which league is better, there are always going to be biased opinions, but if you can find 1 person not associated with either league that says ur league is better than the edfl, i will bare my ass in burke st. and spotswood and any other team for that mater in any league would be quite happy to have jimmy hollow playing in there team, make no mistake about it

as for the sydney swan supporter who is trying to take the last spot in the supercoach league, this is not the place to be letting people know how u feel about tommy leaving, of course were dissapointed, but what ur calling it is going too far for this website. please dont hurt me on the strapping table for saying this either, i'm too old to deal with pain.

back to the more positive stuff, anyone got games on this weekend, i know glenroy are playing heathcote, will be good to see how all the young blokes go who get a chance to play senior footy for the first time.

ray get back to the tattoo parlour, honestly i know; E.D.F.L is eight to ten goals better comp and the image of W.R.F.L being a tough comp died when you were to busy learning karate 12 years ago. Just worry about your club and lead from the front and not the back

I really like Glenroy FC but what the hell are they doing down there other than loosing players???? I hear that they have equivilent to 1.5mil (from various sources) and instead of recruiting players they are spending it on new clubrooms.......now rumour also has it that they have NO under 18's, 4 weeks before the season starts, thats real good after they worked so hard to get into "A" grade, what a waste of time and players who have scattered all over. I guess they will be spending all that money on EDFL fine's by forfeiting the 18's, poss ressies as well??????? Buy some players for gods sake...........

I really like Glenroy FC but what the hell are they doing down there other than loosing players???? I hear that they have equivilent to 1.5mil (from various sources) and instead of recruiting players they are spending it on new clubrooms.......now rumour also has it that they have NO under 18's, 4 weeks before the season starts, thats real good after they worked so hard to get into "A" grade, what a waste of time and players who have scattered all over. I guess they will be spending all that money on EDFL fine's by forfeiting the 18's, poss ressies as well??????? Buy some players for gods sake...........

I think that you will find that if you have no Under 18s, Under the EDFL Constitution, you are not allowed to be in A Grade..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is old news, however did i hear that Maribynong Park's coach resigned last night?

Confirmed on other site by Matty P
matthew
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif

xx.gif
Re: Maribyrnong Park
« Reply #619 Yesterday at 8:57pm »Senior Coach Adam Smith has resigned due to a few serious work issues with his family business.
Club is moving forward and working effortsly to replace him.
That is all I am allowed to comment on the issue.

Confirmed on other site by Matty P
matthew
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif
stargreen.gif

xx.gif
Re: Maribyrnong Park
« Reply #619 Yesterday at 8:57pm »Senior Coach Adam Smith has resigned due to a few serious work issues with his family business.
Club is moving forward and working effortsly to replace him.
That is all I am allowed to comment on the issue.

does that mean that the cash cow is dead ?
marby will fold in 2 years if thats the case!

do you actually believe they have 1.5 mil to spend on whatever they want. i think you will find all the money u claim they have is money from the council for the upgrade of the rooms, not to be spending on anything they like. maybe if we have 1.5 million to spend, we can sponsor port adelaide to get them out of shit on the proviso they lend us there list for football commitments and win this years flag. absolute rubbish posting.

do believe we are struggling for u/18 at the moment, but club is trying hard to get that sorted out. glenroy are under no illusions as to what kind of position we are in, but for those who are there, we will give it what we got and see how it all finishes up at seasons end.

Are you the one that is built like Tarzan and plays like Jane?

I am pretty sure that No 6 for Doutta Stars in a practice match 2 years ago made you look like the player you really are!

Read Doutta had a 14gl win over Maoma on the weekend although wouldn't read too much into that as the Murry comp is just ok.

Curious as to who did the ruckwork as no Philpott anymore. Was Carey called upon? Stapelton?

do you actually believe they have 1.5 mil to spend on whatever they want. i think you will find all the money u claim they have is money from the council for the upgrade of the rooms, not to be spending on anything they like. maybe if we have 1.5 million to spend, we can sponsor port adelaide to get them out of shit on the proviso they lend us there list for football commitments and win this years flag. absolute rubbish posting.

do believe we are struggling for u/18 at the moment, but club is trying hard to get that sorted out. glenroy are under no illusions as to what kind of position we are in, but for those who are there, we will give it what we got and see how it all finishes up at seasons end.

Spoke to the big Salt today and he assures me that the boys are doing all that they can to get and keep players but things are the way they are and the realities are there.

Glenroy are a proud club and having played against them for over 20 years in both A and B Grade I have never walked off the ground with out knowing that I have played a very hard game of football.

I doubt anyone who plays against the Roys this year will wake up Sunday's thinking they just handed out a 30 goal belting the day before whether that be the case or not.

They may go down but they won't lay down.......

Can anyone from D.S give us a run down on who played well and how the new recruits went on the weekend? and aslo who played in the ruck? cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back