EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotheroos said:
They represent that club and anything like this reflects back on the club. I would it be handled at club level than handing it over to the police

They represent the club when playing, training, or when at the clubrooms not at a nightclub/bar where the fight took place. It has nothing to do with the West Coburg Football Club so how can they suspend pleyers for something they have no control over.

www.edflfooty.com

I am proud to announce that I now have a new address for www.edflfooty.tk

it is now officially www.edflfooty.com

I would also like to welcome Matthew Pillios to the team and he will be writing exclusive previews and reviews on the forum at www.edflfooty.com

www.edflfooty.com is fully endorsed and supported by the best football show Essendon District Knows Football. Matty will also promote our website when he can on the show.

www.edflfooty.com is completely ad free and please pass this great news on to everybody. Bring on ROUND 1!

I look forward to seeing everyone contributing to the forum and really getting behind the EDFL!

My North said:
They represent the club when playing, training, or when at the clubrooms not at a nightclub/bar where the fight took place. It has nothing to do with the West Coburg Football Club so how can they suspend pleyers for something they have no control over.

But there has been no mention of there names (which is of no interest to me) but the unfortunate thing is the club has been named. So I can understand there way of handling the situation. No football team wants there players fighting between each other.

I will ask you a question. Would you prefer the police handle it if it was you? Would you like to be charged over it? I know I wouldn't. It's an unfortunate thing to happen but we not only play and train for football clubs but we also represent them off the field.

Gotheroos said:
But there has been no mention of there names (which is of no interest to me) but the unfortunate thing is the club has been named. So I can understand there way of handling the situation. No football team wants there players fighting between each other.

I will ask you a question. Would you prefer the police handle it if it was you? Would you like to be charged over it? I know I wouldn't. It's an unfortunate thing to happen but we not only play and train for football clubs but we also represent them off the field.

I like your style gotheroos,

Unfortunately alot of you younger guys dont realize how much repsonsability you have to the Club in the way you act in public, most people in the area, including the Police (which now if you look through the names are ex EDFL Players) know who you are and what club you play at, so it brings the club into it everytime an Incident occurs..
Back in the early 90s when i played we had a code of conduct which we had to abide by when at the club and when away from it.. but in the end it is the individuals responsability to act in a proper fashion... :)

My North said:
how dare the football club suspend players when it had nothing to do with the football club. Who do they think they are?? So what if they play at the same club, there are other options available as making a compliant to police and let them handle it. If the fight happened at at the football club then fair enough suspend but not when its outside.
I DON'T THINK ITS A MATTER OF THE PLAYERS BEEN SUSPENDED BY THE CLUB IT WOULD B MORE THE FACT THAT ONE OR THE OTHER MAY NOT WANNA PLAY ALONGSIDE THE OTHER PERSON ALBEIT WAYNE CAREY

TonyCampbell06 said:
jett, i reckon you still would have spent a fair bit to retain those blokes. i know for a fact that bloomfield still can't get over last year's gf loss (and he didnt even play) and by the sounds of it i think you're still gobsmacked that strathmore's 2005 "no-hopers" beat greenvale's 2005 "high-rollers" in the most important game of the season. you're only as good as your last fair dinkum game and last time i checked the mores took out the flag, running ALL OVER a tired greenvale line-up. hey jett remember this in extra-time...WINTER FROM 55.........GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!! CAMPBELL 40 OUT, ON THE BOUNDARY. STRATHMORE ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! music to my ears.

I wouldn't say Strathmore ran ALL OVER Greenvale - the game was a draw and from memory Greenvale came back in the last quarter from about 5 goals down - It still hurts that I had to barrack for Greenvale that day

Dusters said:
I wouldn't say Strathmore ran ALL OVER Greenvale - the game was a draw and from memory Greenvale came back in the last quarter from about 5 goals down - It still hurts that I had to barrack for Greenvale that day

And if paxman kicks the goal instead of hitting the post we wouldnt be talking about strathmore so much....:)

EDFL MAN said:
Have to agree there bricksta, Keilor didn't even get out of second gear in the night comp while they rotated there bench like clock work.
The key this year for keilor: T.Paterson (When fit he is unstopable)

they rotated there bench so much because the week before oak parks run was just to much for keilor. oak park were told they could only have 6 on the bench for the final, and if i recall keilor had 11 players, so obviously the boys from the calder hwy are under done this year and they will not be able to rotate the bench like they did in the night comp final, because as we all know you are only allowes 3 NOT 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bricksta said:
And if paxman kicks the goal instead of hitting the post we wouldnt be talking about strathmore so much....:)

He didn't, Winter and Campbell banged them through the big sticks. Strathmore won, end of Story. It's 2006, lets move on.

sloth6 said:
He didn't, Winter and Campbell banged them through the big sticks. Strathmore won, end of Story. It's 2006, lets move on.

OK OK Sloth6 i guess you are a Strathmore boy and i am not bagging them, lets move on to tomorrow, i will be watching with interest to see how they go first up, its a great test, do they have a full list to pick from?? :confused:

My North said:

Seriously My North would want to play in a team or with a player that has King hit you!
The facts are player X, king hit player Y in the toilets at the spot night club. Player X has/will be charge with numerous offences in relation to this.
At the end of the day My North, no player/person deserves to be king hit. Simply if you ask me. :thumbsdown:

sloth6 said:

Just a response to something that some said earlier. I'd doubt it if strathmore over ran greenvale it was more the other way around. Additionally, some one called Strathmore players duds, its a fact that strathmore spent alot more money than any other side in the edfl last year. Given an even administration the side with the most money should win.

But i agree move on to 2006 now.

Aussie_dude said:
Just a response to something that some said earlier. I'd doubt it if strathmore over ran greenvale it was more the other way around. Additionally, some one called Strathmore players duds, its a fact that strathmore spent alot more money than any other side in the edfl last year. Given an even administration the side with the most money should win.

But i agree move on to 2006 now.

Mores well under budget last year. I doubt they spent the most, but if they did so be it.

Gotheroos said:

I will answer your questions.
1.Yes i would perfer the police to handle it it was me
2. I would not be charged over it has I would not King hit someone from behind, only a weak individual would do that.

Jett said:
That's right. They won fair and square. Tomorrow should be a cracking day of footy

Strathmore vs Keilor tommorow.....do we have to pay for car parking???....supporters from there club say they are only spending $70k...were is the rest coming from??....they should put some back in to there facilities ie:Ground/Surface, Change Rooms, Opposition coaches box...

Allears said:
Seriously My North would want to play in a team or with a player that has King hit you!
The facts are player X, king hit player Y in the toilets at the spot night club. Player X has/will be charge with numerous offences in relation to this.
At the end of the day My North, no player/person deserves to be king hit. Simply if you ask me. :thumbsdown:

So the police are involved which is good to see.
I agree no one should be king hit.

My North said:
So the police are involved which is good to see.
I agree no one should be king hit.

Agree My North, there is a rumour going around that player that king hit the other has asked for a transfer to Marby! Will be interesting to see what happens.

mb2006 said:
Strathmore vs Keilor tommorow.....do we have to pay for car parking???....supporters from there club say they are only spending $70k...were is the rest coming from??....they should put some back in to there facilities ie:Ground/Surface, Change Rooms, Opposition coaches box...

Aren't they council issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back