EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rumour has it mate that oak park are cashed up and r getting troy and ben swartze from st kida and north respectfully and also rumored that a couple other players r lookin at cuming 2 apparently the oak r gunna throw alot of money round this year to make it a force again

Noodles and Natch are bank rolling the club for future success and it is a 5 year plan that will also see "Fingers" toss in a few dollars as well. This project will not commence until the "Dry Season " disappears and the likes of Greenvale and Strathmore use up the coin they have accumulated.
Look out for the "Kangaroo's" in 2008.

Noodles and Natch are bank rolling the club for future success and it is a 5 year plan that will also see "Fingers" toss in a few dollars as well. This project will not commence until the "Dry Season " disappears and the likes of Greenvale and Strathmore use up the coin they have accumulated.
Look out for the "Kangaroo's" in 2008.

Spike(OP) to Marby for huge money. Oakers in trouble.

Best game West Coburg as underdogs coming out and playing good hard football to win the flag, all though it was a blow out in the end was still a great match.

The Obvious A grade one is Doutta V Greenvale final.

A Message from "Sir"

Sir would just like to wish everybody a happy new year, take care of your selves over this period as women and alcohol can sometimes from into a nasty cocktail. Sir will be doing his best over the break to gain some more much needed weight, as Sir has been on a special program which i like to call "froffies". Any how Sir must get back to work all the best.

Sir Has Spoken

I read in the local paper that Kade Carey has left Douta Stars and that a possible destination for him is with his former coach Steven Kolinyuk at St Albans. Can anyone confirm this. Would be a massive loss if it's correct?

Thats ok...I am sure that Uncle Wayne will dominate for Douttas!!! Rumour has it he is a definate for at least 7 games.

Just incase im not online in the next day or so a big Happy New Year to all and heres to the 2007 season :D bring it on :) And re: Uncle Wayne yeah its true he expressed some interest in having a kick with his favorite nephew Kade but until he runs out on the field who knows,would be fantastic though.

Cheers THE DREBSTER(i wonder if freddys is open new years eve???)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week ago Pilling had all but packed his bags to go to Greenvale , then Oak Park called a meeting Saturday morning, after that meeting pilling was still going to Greenvale. Then Marby Park came in and offerd a massive sign on and huge coin per game , but was still going to go to Greenvale. Until the prez of Greenvale left a message on his phone saying how dissapointed he was in pillsy for signing at Oak Park and he didnt let Greenvale Know. , pillsy had not signed anywhere as was keen to go to Greenvale, now i think you will find he is with Wilberham going to sign at Oak Park.

So whats to the go with Pilling, has he signed with Marby or still looking else where as in Oak Park

Are Marby trying to sign every player in the country or what?

I'm a long time MPFC supporter and always will be and it was heart breaking to watch the GF last year and see our boys not show any passion when the game was there for the taking.
I just can't believe once again that the MPFC are buying more players for 2007, what is happening down there? Haven't we learn't that buying players will not win the flag and get long term glory.Time for some of the older heads down at marby land to take over and move on some of these so called people who think they are doing the club a service because before we know it some of the die hard marby people will be up the road supporting another team.
Maybe lm carrying on or maybe not, but lm just thinking of the the bigger picture and club that l support.
What are other people's opinions on this?

I'm a long time MPFC supporter and always will be and it was heart breaking to watch the GF last year and see our boys not show any passion when the game was there for the taking.
I just can't believe once again that the MPFC are buying more players for 2007, what is happening down there? Haven't we learn't that buying players will not win the flag and get long term glory.Time for some of the older heads down at marby land to take over and move on some of these so called people who think they are doing the club a service because before we know it some of the die hard marby people will be up the road supporting another team.
Maybe lm carrying on or maybe not, but lm just thinking of the the bigger picture and club that l support.

Not carrying on at all.... Clubs other than the Keilor, GV, SM etc have to realise that it's all well and good to recruit heavily and spend some money but the steady as she goes attitude needs to be taken. Going from a $50000 budget to $100000 plus in one year just isn't realistic or sustainable for most clubs. A steady increase in spending and recruiting has to be the way to go. History shows that whenever a club recruits heavily and spends big that there is a season not too far in the future where they'll bottom back out. Marby is just the latest example as far as I can tell.... May be due for a fall shortly??? Money is part of our game now and fighting that fact will also only hurt clubs. In my opinion B grade clubs need to remember it's a stepping stone to the top comp and spend/recruit accordingly. Unfortunately there's plenty of players out there willing to forgo a superior comp to earn more $$$$!!

I guess it would seem from an outsiders point of view that Marby are sick of being in B grade and will do what ever it takes to get out???If they are going about it the right way,well i guess time will tell.

I will say however that it isnt necessarily big $$$ and recruits that will automatically win a flag,obviously if you recruit players like a Myles Quinn or Kade Carey or who ever its gonna bloody help but its the ole cliche in my opinion"how they play as a team,and play for each other.

Im not sure if many of you follow local cricket but Yarraville club have had the best team on paper for years but i know they have lost quite a few grannies in the last few years to teams who pay alot less.Anyway enough from me.

Cheers THE DREBSTER(still recovering from new years eve)

Guys im sick of hearing everybody winging about how much clubs these days spend on recruiting players. I suggest you all start getting back to reality where not living in the 1950' any longer and in case any of havent noticed the cost living has risen, the cost of buying a newspaper at the milkbar has risen, wages have risen and so to will player payments. Its a fact of life im afraid everything goes up in price so lets just get off this subject and those poorer clubs out the should start figuring out a way to compete instead of complaining about money. Go out there get some sponsors, start rasing some funds and start recruiting sensibly. Nurture your young guns and look after them like they where your own and you will find that they will repay the same faith that u have showed them.

What happens is clubs spend big money on the big names and completely forget about the home grown lads. Then when they wanna leave they kick up a fuss, but im afraid its all to late. The future must be a priority for the struggling clubs not the next couple of months. Think smart and the rewards will come.

I guess it would seem from an outsiders point of view that Marby are sick of being in B grade and will do what ever it takes to get out???If they are going about it the right way,well i guess time will tell.

I will say however that it isnt necessarily big $$$ and recruits that will automatically win a flag,obviously if you recruit players like a Myles Quinn or Kade Carey or who ever its gonna bloody help but its the ole cliche in my opinion"how they play as a team,and play for each other.

Im not sure if many of you follow local cricket but Yarraville club have had the best team on paper for years but i know they have lost quite a few grannies in the last few years to teams who pay alot less.Anyway enough from me.

Cheers THE DREBSTER(still recovering from new years eve)

Good ,dont come back.:eek:

Guys im sick of hearing everybody whinging about how much clubs these days spend on recruiting players. I suggest you all start getting back to reality where not living in the 1950's any longer and in case any of havent noticed the cost living has risen, the cost of buying a newspaper at the milkbar has risen, wages have risen and so to will player payments. Its a fact of life im afraid everything goes up in price so lets just get off this subject and those poorer clubs out the should start figuring out a way to compete instead of complaining about money. Go out there get some sponsors, start rasing some funds and start recruiting sensibly. Nurture your young guns and look after them like they where your own and you will find that they will repay the same faith that u have showed them.

What happens is clubs spend big money on the big names and completely forget about the home grown lads. Then when they wanna leave they kick up a fuss, but im afraid its all to late. The future must be a priority for the struggling clubs not the next couple of months. Think smart and the rewards will come.

I agree with most of your sentiments Wizza. But I still believe far too much emphasis is being put on the big dollars and on recruiting big name players at the expense of the loyal players who have graduated from the junior ranks. The feedback I am hearing is that this creates dis-satisfaction with the playing group, especially when players hear what is being spent (either correctly or otherwise) on new recruits by their club's executives.

Whilst we would all have to be naive not to think that every other club is recruiting as much as your own... I do believe attention to the home grown product is vitally important for survival too. For too long though, many players who are lucky enough to be 'contract players' thumb their nose at the hand that feeds them and are not willing to do the hard yards and simply put their hand out come pay day. Whilst I am not suggesting that this applies to all, there are definitley a concerted few who have a 'holier than thou' mentality.

Certainly alot of smaller clubs struggle with the concept of securing and retaining quality sponsors who are the financial key to a club's survival in the local competition. Without this mechanism to rely on, some lesser clubs may flounder. A good solid administration is imperative even at grass roots level, but the question needs to be asked.. at what cost? Unfortunately local football is big business, and like any other business it has some rather expensive overheads. That's a fact that will not change.

The club cant win. Dont recurit, struggle with numbers and depth and stay in the bottom 4, recuirt chance to win the flag and step up to A Grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back