EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club cant win. Dont recurit, struggle with numbers and depth and stay in the bottom 4, recuirt chance to win the flag and step up to A Grade.

Personally, the EDFL reminds me alot of the English Premier league. The same clubs are continually playing off in finals. Keilor-Man U, always there abouts. Strathmore-Chelsea, big money, big names. Greenvale-Arsenal, good players, always challenge. etc. Include Douttas. The rest are mearly fighting to stay in the top competition.

Personally, the EDFL reminds me alot of the English Premier league. The same clubs are continually playing off in finals. Keilor-Man U, always there abouts. Strathmore-Chelsea, big money, big names. Greenvale-Arsenal, good players, always challenge. etc. Include Douttas. The rest are mearly fighting to stay in the top competition.

Probably not a bad comparrison,
Would prob have Doutta as the Man utd, a strong club with big names and won the most premierships.

Strathmore, Chelsea for obvious reasons
Keilor - Arsenal not the best side on paper but prob coached the best and play with the most heart.

Greenvale - Liverpool a star studded side who if they put it together is capable of challenging for the premiership.

Airport West could be Leeds strong a decade ago but fell out of money, starting to look like they might be ready for a fight up to a grade.

Craigieburn - Reading new to the comp but already making an impact with there attacking style of play.

Avondale - my club spurs, look like they have a side good enough to challenge the top 4 but show no heart and continue to dissapoint you when it comes to beating the top sides.

Aberfeldie - Aston Villa/ Man City boring, never going to win the league but never going to be relegated.

I'm a long time MPFC supporter and always will be and it was heart breaking to watch the GF last year and see our boys not show any passion when the game was there for the taking.
I just can't believe once again that the MPFC are buying more players for 2007, what is happening down there? Haven't we learn't that buying players will not win the flag and get long term glory.Time for some of the older heads down at marby land to take over and move on some of these so called people who think they are doing the club a service because before we know it some of the die hard marby people will be up the road supporting another team.
Maybe lm carrying on or maybe not, but lm just thinking of the the bigger picture and club that l support.
What are other people's opinions on this?
Marbyprincess, I can understand how you may be feeling with the current Marby park situation, but all I go back to and remember are the dark-days of 2001, where with no cash & no players, we didn't even know if the Club would survive the year. Thanks to some wonderful people performing extra-ordinary duties, the club was able to survive. With the current position the club is in, I would hope that you can see that for the first time in a long while, the club has huge numbers & is in a better financial position. Though you might not be a fan of the way the Club recruits, or is being run, surely you can understand that with people like GA throwing his financial support behind the Club, that he has provided the long-suffering supporters with the two things that haven't been prevalent down at Marby for a long time - Finals Footy and Survival.

I guess the only thing that i find amusing about the whole money clubs spend thing is that players that are reasonable A Grade players and probally very good B Grade players and sometimes not even that are commanding big time $$$.

These are players that not that long ago say early 2000's late 90's would have been on $100-$150 a game.Yes i do realise that we have moved on from such times and alot of footy clubs turn over more money from the bar,functions and sponsors then alot of small businesses in there area,but it makes me laugh when i hear that so and so wanted x ammount of money it really does.

Having said that if you recruit a marquee player that has the goods then of course you are gonna have to shell out and as long as you aint stupid it probably going to be worth it.But imsure we all know of people even mates that arent anything special and are making half an average salary from local footy in the E.D.F.L. Oh well maybe im jelous,good on em :D

Cheers THE DREBSTER(bring back the baby grand)

I guess the only thing that i find amusing about the whole money clubs spend thing is that players that are reasonable A Grade players and probally very good B Grade players and sometimes not even that are commanding big time $$$.

These are players that not that long ago say early 2000's late 90's would have been on $100-$150 a game.Yes i do realise that we have moved on from such times and alot of footy clubs turn over more money from the bar,functions and sponsors then alot of small businesses in there area,but it makes me laugh when i hear that so and so wanted x ammount of money it really does.

Having said that if you recruit a marquee player that has the goods then of course you are gonna have to shell out and as long as you aint stupid it probably going to be worth it.But imsure we all know of people even mates that arent anything special and are making half an average salary from local footy in the E.D.F.L. Oh well maybe im jelous,good on em :D

Cheers THE DREBSTER(bring back the baby grand)

The only reason players are demanding these payments is because clubs are willing to pay it. All it takes is a lone club to make the decision to splash the cash to those who do and don't deserve it and then a precedent is set in that league. If clubs were more selective in who they pay then the fact would be mediocre players would be wasting their breathe asking for big dollars. One factor that has fed this problem is the practice of paying a 'c' grade player big dollars just to get his 'a' grade mate. I would argue that the clubs themselves have an equal share of the blame for an issue that I agree is a little out of control....

The club cant win. Dont recurit, struggle with numbers and depth and stay in the bottom 4, recuirt chance to win the flag and step up to A Grade.

Fair point - But if you've had to spend the kind of money that Marby have spent for what will be three years this season, just to get into A grade then what will it take them to be competitive in the top comp.... Based on various posts on here Marby are spending somewhere near the $100,000 mark. Keilor , for example, have been competitive in A grade for a long time without spending that kind of money. Club strength, from the bottom up, is still the biggest factor for long term success. Time will tell whether GV fall into this category or not as they're a relatively new club, but they have plenty of juniors and good facilities and the top end players they have recruited have stayed on in a large number of cases. SM and Douttas are in the same boat in some ways..... Maybe lessons to be learnt??

Fair point - But if you've had to spend the kind of money that Marby have spent for what will be three years this season, just to get into A grade then what will it take them to be competitive in the top comp.... Based on various posts on here Marby are spending somewhere near the $100,000 mark. Keilor , for example, have been competitive in A grade for a long time without spending that kind of money. Club strength, from the bottom up, is still the biggest factor for long term success. Time will tell whether GV fall into this category or not as they're a relatively new club, but they have plenty of juniors and good facilities and the top end players they have recruited have stayed on in a large number of cases. SM and Douttas are in the same boat in some ways..... Maybe lessons to be learnt??

Bomber44 how do you put Doutta's in the same boat as Strathmore?

We spent no where near the mark SM spent... and we have a group that includes 8 kids from the club playing in the ones..:thumbsu:

We spent no where near the mark SM spent... and we have a group that includes 8 kids from the club playing in the ones..:thumbsu:

They're on to you Brickman.

The 8 kids must have had the green tops on in the finals.

Welcome back mate

good to see you are still waiting for your chance to drop in hahaha

You know that we didnt spend over 100K last season and we all know SM spent over 2 million :eek:

Yes Brickman. Nothing like a couple of months of cricket to get you yearning for the footy to start.
We all know that the boys from Buckleys play for the love of the jumper and a light beer after the game, whilst those mercenaries from the other side of the tram tracks live only for the sound of fifty dollar notes being dropped into their manbags.
Such is life.

WHAT A LOAD OF *HIT,kEILOR DOES NOT SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY.GET OFF THE DROPE *ICKHED:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marty Warry

Can someone give me a bit of a profile on Marty Warry and how he went for Tullamarine this year? What position did he play?

Re: Marty Warry

Can someone give me a bit of a profile on Marty Warry and how he went for Tullamarine this year? What position did he play?

Not sure how he went this year, but is a pretty handy player but must be getting a reputation as one of a club sluuuut hasnt spent more than a few years at the one club for a fair while. He was put in the clink for about a year for dealing drugs to inmates whilst working as a prison guard at one of the jails.

Didn't mean they were in same boat re money spent.... meant they were similar to Keilor GV and SM in that these clubs have strength in other areas other than money. Clearly SM are currently a stand alone re $$$$ spent. Point being that Marby need to make sure they strengthen the entire club to match the cash they spend. Have no idea if they are or not just beleive it's necessary to be a consistent A grade performer.

WHAT A LOAD OF *HIT,kEILOR DOES NOT SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY.GET OFF THE DROPE *ICKHED:cool:

I'll quote myself - 'Keilor , for example, have been competitive in A grade for a long time without spending that kind of money.'

How about u read the post before replying with the predictable personal attack on the end..... If you meant dope then maybe u should lay off it and concentrate on your spelling! :D

Does anyone know how each under 18's sides in the A's will go in 2007 and were will the end up on the ladder .also which teams have a side that are good and stand out?

Does anyone know how each under 18's sides in the A's will go in 2007 and were will the end up on the ladder .also which teams have a side that are good and stand out?
Well well starboy, good to see your still around. Have you decided what club you will be playing at next year? Hopefully you come down to b grade, l hear they need a few quality players like yourself at marby.

John Rombotis' name has been linked to Kangaroo Flat in the Bendigo FL. Wasn't he at Roxburgh Park recently maybe even coach? If so can anyone say how has he gone?

Well well starboy, good to see your still around. Have you decided what club you will be playing at next year? Hopefully you come down to b grade, l hear they need a few quality players like yourself at marby.

If you don't have any idea on the queston ,don't waste my or your own time.thank you

Sorry starboy your right, l dont know to much about 18a as l am involved in b grade u18. But for what its worth, keilor and doutta have very strong lists and with several quality u16 coming up at both clubs, they should only get better. Strathmore, Greenvale and West Coburg will make up the numbers in no particular order. Hopefully that can help you out a bit.
Now that l answered your question as best l can can you answer this for me......will you be playing b grade this year ( you can name the club if you like ). read my pm and maybe you will understand were l am coming from. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back