EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Keilor to win on the weekend, should have knocked off Glenroy a couple of weeks ago and signs were good last week. There is a massive difference betwee 1-4 and 2-3 ecspecially with Moonee Valley next week.

Get on the Cougars +39.5 @ the juicy odds of $6.20.

What odds will you give at the line for haddy -39.5? i will throw a hundred on it.

d mac jacana dont have any money to pay players commitee working hard to raise funds 4 next year 2 recruit players in the mean time we will just b trying 2 keep our under 18 kids from a grade clubs trying to recruit them already then claim them as there own the parasites
My point exact i was being sarcastic i know Jacana don't pay their players.
Not likely a side would get flogged 20 goals plus a game if they were forking out 40 k plus a year.

Philpott is no Quinn but seems to be a huge factor in how Douttas go as they are not the tallest side going around. If he has done his hammy then Keilor's odds for tomorrow have shortened considerably.

Other than the Jets' games, it is nearly always toss of the coin which is good for the competition.

Looks like it's gonna be cold, wet and windy tomorrow..... Will SM be able to see out th game past 3/4 time.....:eek::p

hi
can u plz inform me 2 how daniel bryant goes has been transfered 2 the cohuna kangas were abouts does he play>??

much appreciated

Can the Mighty Abers bounce back and beat Crazyburn tomorrow.

I think we just had an off day and I will be there to see the Two Blues get back on the winners list.

Round 5 Previews

Keilor v Douttas – Keilor to win by a few goals.

Keilor’s fire power up forward with Houlihan, James and Clinnick to kick plenty each. Douttas back half will be stretched given Davidson will miss after a nasty knock last week and Woolley has officially left the Stars. Big bean pole Markham Johnson will have an easier day this week as rep team squad member Philpot is out injured and Hircoe will have to battle hard all day. Douttas need first use of the footy and to dominate the clearances to have any chance but I think Marcy x 2, Fraser, Dann, Prowse and Moloney will account for Sutton, Ramsay, Kelly and Caccamo.

Strathmore v Marbi Park – Marbi to win by a kick after the siren.

Marbi have been involved in a few close ones of late – having won 1 and lost 2 of them. Benny Kinnear will have a day out tomorrow and kick a bag along with Benny Fletcher, one of Strathmore’s biggest problems this year has been their back half. Dick Little and Mazzeo have been the only two backman too really stand up this year. They will need Winter to tear the game apart if they are to have any chance and he will probably be too quick for Pilling who is more of a body type although Sauter may get him. Marbi’s onballers in Ayres, Laverde, Crawford and Tanner should control the clearances. Tanner should play creek side all day!

Greenvale v West Coburg – Greenvale to step up another gear and win by 5 goals.

After sending a resounding message to the rest of the comp last week the Jets should palm of another major contender.
The unassuming back half of West Coburg will have their hands full but their run and carry could test the Greenvale tall timber. Caddy was quite last week and would prefer the more open spaces of Section Rd. The constant forward structure change ups including Potter, Bloomfield, C. Smith, Hakim and Bicer is scary then throw in the Pekes twins and a Randello and it’s a frightening forward half. Elvy Destanovic is the form player of the comp at the moment and Briggs will need to be on his game all day as he hurts most sides. Ash Flavel should kicked his standard 3 or 4 but I don’t think it will be enough unless Benny Power erupts – Wheels Aloi will need to have his run stopped. The midfield battle will be as good a tussle as we’ve seen for years. Rabee, Kakk, Nicko and Hudson up against Kuret, Pekes, Bicer and Randello will be neck and neck all day but Greenvale’s class will shine out in the last quarter. Daniel Howse has headed back to the NFL - will that test the Jets depth later in the year. Good player but couldnt fit in the mix

Oak Park v Avondale – Avondale by 7 goals.

Raso will dominate, Foster will kick 3 but the Oakers boys will miss Albones – will that mean that Bori may be a little lost without the key post out. The likes of Lukey Ryan, Sammy Boake and Jack Pascu love to play at home but they will have their work cut out against the inconsistent Avondale. McCough, Wally, Cousland and Owen will be too hard over the footy and win the majority of stoppages to get Avondale their 3rd win of the year at the hardest ground in local footy.

Aber’s v Craigieburn – Abers by 3 points.

The main contest in this game worth talking about – the two dominant ruckman of the comp this year (Bloomfield aside) will be worth heading up the Hume to watch. Brooks has been terrific for the Eagles this year and McKee has been Abers best to date. Big Shep loves to play the open flanks at Craigieburn and could be the difference – I’d say O’Neil or even Chicken could go back to play on him. Abers will miss the drive of Houli and the leading Nordhausen who are both away in Darwin this weekend. Welcome in Aaron Willoughby and Adam Jacobs for their first games this year. Adsy and Jimmy Turner will be pumped for a big day but so will the Abers boys and just can’t pick against them this week.

Round 5 Previews

Keilor v Douttas – Keilor to win by a few goals.

Keilor’s fire power up forward with Houlihan, James and Clinnick to kick plenty each. Douttas back half will be stretched given Davidson will miss after a nasty knock last week and Woolley has officially left the Stars. Big bean pole Markham Johnson will have an easier day this week as rep team squad member Philpot is out injured and Hircoe will have to battle hard all day. Douttas need first use of the footy and to dominate the clearances to have any chance but I think Marcy x 2, Fraser, Dann, Prowse and Moloney will account for Sutton, Ramsay, Kelly and Caccamo.

Strathmore v Marbi Park – Marbi to win by a kick after the siren.

Marbi have been involved in a few close ones of late – having won 1 and lost 2 of them. Benny Kinnear will have a day out tomorrow and kick a bag along with Benny Fletcher, one of Strathmore’s biggest problems this year has been their back half. Dick Little and Mazzeo have been the only two backman too really stand up this year. They will need Winter to tear the game apart if they are to have any chance and he will probably be too quick for Pilling who is more of a body type although Sauter may get him. Marbi’s onballers in Ayres, Laverde, Crawford and Tanner should control the clearances. Tanner should play creek side all day!

Greenvale v West Coburg – Greenvale to step up another gear and win by 5 goals.

After sending a resounding message to the rest of the comp last week the Jets should palm of another major contender.
The unassuming back half of West Coburg will have their hands full but their run and carry could test the Greenvale tall timber. Caddy was quite last week and would prefer the more open spaces of Section Rd. The constant forward structure change ups including Potter, Bloomfield, C. Smith, Hakim and Bicer is scary then throw in the Pekes twins and a Randello and it’s a frightening forward half. Elvy Destanovic is the form player of the comp at the moment and Briggs will need to be on his game all day as he hurts most sides. Ash Flavel should kicked his standard 3 or 4 but I don’t think it will be enough unless Benny Power erupts – Wheels Aloi will need to have his run stopped. The midfield battle will be as good a tussle as we’ve seen for years. Rabee, Kakk, Nicko and Hudson up against Kuret, Pekes, Bicer and Randello will be neck and neck all day but Greenvale’s class will shine out in the last quarter. Daniel Howse has headed back to the NFL - will that test the Jets depth later in the year. Good player but couldnt fit in the mix

Oak Park v Avondale – Avondale by 7 goals.

Raso will dominate, Foster will kick 3 but the Oakers boys will miss Albones – will that mean that Bori may be a little lost without the key post out. The likes of Lukey Ryan, Sammy Boake and Jack Pascu love to play at home but they will have their work cut out against the inconsistent Avondale. McCough, Wally, Cousland and Owen will be too hard over the footy and win the majority of stoppages to get Avondale their 3rd win of the year at the hardest ground in local footy.

The main contest in this game worth talking about – the two dominant ruckman of the comp this year (Bloomfield aside) will be worth heading up the Hume to watch. Brooks has been terrific for the Eagles this year and McKee has been Abers best to date. Big Shep loves to play the open flanks at Craigieburn and could be the difference – I’d say O’Neil or even Chicken could go back to play on him. Abers will miss the drive of Houli and the leading Nordhausen who are both away in Darwin this weekend. Welcome in Aaron Willoughby and Adam Jacobs for their first games this year. Adsy and Jimmy Turner will be pumped for a big day but so will the Abers boys and just can’t pick against them this week.

First, let me say that's as good a wrap I've seen could have a job for you at the EDFL record I think...

Has GV been told about Howse leaving?? Believe he was named in the 1st's this week???:confused:

Looks like it's gonna be cold, wet and windy tomorrow..... Will SM be able to see out th game past 3/4 time.....:eek::p

I'm back, thanks to the mod who Red Card me the other week.
Seems to me, this place isnt about opinions and a little banter here and there.

To you Tess, l'll be home at 6.30 tomorrow night. Make sure dinner is ready and my jim jams are ready to go. Missed you babe.

First, let me say that's as good a wrap I've seen could have a job for you at the EDFL record I think...

Has GV been told about Howse leaving?? Believe he was named in the 1st's this week???:confused:

Fair enough - my info must be incorrect!

Dominated the 2's last week and looked a certain senior player but hard to get a crack in that midfield!

Couple of interesting inclusions for Abers this week.

Richie Cole and Cain Mainsbridge to play their first games for the club.

Bad news though because Robbie Taylor and Steve McKee will not play. Robbie is interstate and Keg has a calf strain.

Makes it tough against the Greenvale juggernaut.

that was crap

Round 5 Previews

and so is that. Puff you did write some good previews but do you think your bogus changes you do for Abers each week actually confuse the oposition at all. Having said that I think Jacobs should be given a shot.

that was crap

and so is that. Puff you did write some good previews but do you think your bogus changes you do for Abers each week actually confuse the oposition at all. Having said that I think Jacobs should be given a shot.

Abers and Crazyburn scores level at 1/2 time and Crazyburn skipped away to win by 40 points in an absolute slog. Unless my eyes are stuffed I don't think Cole played and Dean Rioli had 6 cans of Vic, 3 hot dogs, a sausage roll, 3 steamed dimmies and about 8 cigarettes before the seniors started ! :eek::eek::eek:

PIPE DOWN YOU MUPPET! Abers didnt know what forward line pressure was until this year. Robbie Taylor chased down every oak park defender in round 1 and the Aboriginal boys are one of the main reasons abers are winning this year. Gees one loss to the best team in the comp and everyone sticks the boot in. We beat keilor, beat strathmore and beat oakers, give them a chance to bounce back!

Unless I am mistaken, today was a tad wet ???

And surprise surprise, Abers smashed !!!!

40 or so on a day like today, whats that worth, 10 goals plus ??

Got any other words of wisdom for us Kermit ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abers looked very ordinary today. Im sure they will blame the weather or something of that matter but they were really taught a lesson in wet weather footy this afternoon. Crazys had their heads over the ball all day and always tried to pick it up while abers just tried to soccer it to their foward line. The Turner brothers had a day out against their old club and Dave Caruzo was sensational!
Looks like the eagles are starting to hit their stride?:thumbsu:

Abers and Crazyburn scores level at 1/2 time and Crazyburn skipped away to win by 40 points in an absolute slog. Unless my eyes are stuffed I don't think Cole played and Dean Rioli had 6 cans of Vic, 3 hot dogs, a sausage roll, 3 steamed dimmies and about 8 cigarettes before the seniors started ! :eek::eek::eek:

As an eagles fan more than happy that cole didnt play today. Would have torn us apart. Hate to play abers in the dry. Good to see the "Turners" finally have an influence on a game. Disapointing to hear saliba saying that he wishes he was still at abers, thought today would have proved that we had as much to offer as abers??? A REAL CLUBMAN???

As an eagles fan more than happy that cole didnt play today. Would have torn us apart. Hate to play abers in the dry. Good to see the "Turners" finally have an influence on a game. Disapointing to hear saliba saying that he wishes he was still at abers, thought today would have proved that we had as much to offer as abers??? A REAL CLUBMAN???

Richie Cole? Pffft....... more like Richie Coleslaw. Did you see the size of him?
I reckon he's been on Rioli's diet of deep fried Tiwi island turtles!

absolutely spot on pappin! stood with saliba all day today and he said a numerous amount of times how much he wishes he was still at the the two blues... good win for the burners but as you said our boys would shine in the dry, the likes of carl petersonson, robbie taylor, brad pallapimini, clint runalls,etc weren't suited to the conditions... not taking anything away from their win but next time i think it might turn out a little bit different...

Richie Cole? Pffft....... more like Richie Coleslaw. Did you see the size of him?
I reckon he's been on Rioli's diet of deep fried Tiwi island turtles!

you really are a git!!! if you dont think a guy of his calibre would have changed todays game for abers down back then you have rocks in your head... i support the eagles but if a bloke like him was working the backline today then we wouldnt have had a chance

stratmore, sitting 2nd last after 5 rounds, fair fall from grace, relegation? If jacobs ever gets a game for abers they should automatically be relegated, not bad against terrible reserve sides, goes missing if anyone stands next to him, soft as butter

stratmore, sitting 2nd last after 5 rounds, fair fall from grace, relegation? If jacobs ever gets a game for abers they should automatically be relegated, not bad against terrible reserve sides, goes missing if anyone stands next to him, soft as butter
Not sure who Jacobs is but if he played today didnt hear his name mentioned at all.??? The only decent Jacobs out there today was shane, Cashmore are getting what they deserve........ 200 large will buy you a chance of playing JACANA next year. Wallow in B grade dogs. Get behind Oakers boys. Cashmore... Money cant buy heart.....

I watched the aberfeldie game yesterday and i was pleased with some aspects and disappointed at others. The fact that shep was missing really hurt our structure, but when its dry and he is in, we will be a much more formiddable unit. Players like ryza edwards and duggan showed their class when handling the wet pill. We have a lot of improving to do to face up to the burgers this week but hopefully we will have a few key ins. The scoreline didnt reflect what was essentially a very even game. The thing I was most disappointed was the inability of abers to adapt to the conditions. Craigieburn tought us a lesson on what to do in the wet and we were still trying to chip and run the ball with bounces. Kick the ball long and back your forwards to beat their opponents. Thats what cragieburn did and they got the points.

A disappointing day but the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

Right on the money Puffpuff! Keilor midfield far to dominate for the stars. Thought cacamo fought hard all day, but was the lone ranger really. Ramsay off early with knee injury, king, tankard shoulder. Undersized stapleton tried hard in the ruck all day. Where to now for the stars?

Might be an idea for someone to start an abers thread? Seems like that's all anyone wants to talk about on here?
Hopefully they cop a few more flogging's in the coming weeks & their spruikers pipe down so we can all get back to 'Big footy' not 'Big Abers'!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Not sure who Jacobs is but if he played today didnt hear his name mentioned at all.??? The only decent Jacobs out there today was shane, Cashmore are getting what they deserve........ 200 large will buy you a chance of playing JACANA next year. Wallow in B grade dogs. Get behind Oakers boys. Cashmore... Money cant buy heart.....

Who are your predictions for relegation at this stage?? Surely Strathmore are not in this category, even though they are struggling. I think douttas could be in trouble with all their injuries at the minute. Thoughts??

Yeh well done ________, the game was in the balance until 10 mins into the last quarter. Having cole and shepherd out made no difference of course.

Full credit to craigieburn, played well, fought hard, deserved the win. And eagle, i never said abers would win in the wet i just said that none of our players are soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back