EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesnt mate. They made us look slow because they moved the ball so quickly. A lot like geelong do in the afl, they arent the quickest team around but they make other teams look slow because of the way they run in numbers. Theres a difference between a quick team and team that plays quick football. Everyone was talking about essendons speed after round one..how did they go against geelong. From what i saw, I think Greenvale will make everyone look slow this year.

think maybe your a bit slow!!!:D

Dunno about saliba still wanting to play at abers, altough we would luv to hav him bak! And it is good to see the turners playin well, i think jimmy has been playin 2s before the weekend, anyone know why?
he had an interrupted pre season as he done his ankle. been dominating the 2's the last few weeks and took a lot of confidence into the game and used it to his advantage! great game by the turner boys against there old club.:thumbsu:

Douttas will never go down again, it took them 10 years to get back up last time they went down so their not going to let it happen again!

I would hope that this is the case and i know its only early days but it would seem we are in the mix at the minute to go down,but ill back em not to.

I thought first half against Marby was good and we even kicked the first goal in the third and were only a couple of goals down and then went to sleep,Marby were obviously better but not to the extent of the final score(Off topic here but for the coin Marby is shelling out,if it was my investment id want a much better return) who knows they may start hitting there straps soon but yeah to be successful imo need to finish top 2.

We had a good win against the Crazy's up there who were at full strength i believe,we led pretty much all day and when challenged were up to it,which shows that they are capable on there day.

I didnt see the Avondale game but heard they were the better team and deserved the win but a loss by 4 or 5 goals at Avaondale isnt too bad and if we were at full strength may have been more even,so i would say the when they come to Douttas the boys would be reasonably confident.

Beat Oakers by about 7 goals which was a huge game for us and a must win and to kick away in the end and win by a bit was good,didnt see the game but was told at times played really well and moved the ball very well.

Last week i did go and watch and when we were 4 goals to zip in the 1st i thought HELLO.. maybe an upset here but yeah got smashed and a really poor performance.Also a lot more injuries :(

This week agaist the mores looms as a very important clash and im sure before last week if we were looking ahead we would have been quietly confident due to our reasonable form and the mores lack of form.So i hope they can put the Keilor game behind them and have a real dip this week and who knows even win ;)

It took 6 years for D.S. to get back in to A grade but it felt like 10 :( (went down end of 92 and came back in 99)

THE DREBSTER

Round 6 Previews

This week there is plenty of awesome games this week which will make or break plenty of clubs for season 2008.

Greenvale v Marbi Park – Greenvale by 13 points.

Well, it’s finally here – Glenn, Jimmy and Matty have waited 2 years for this week and here it is!
There is some awesome match ups all around the ground and won’t get any better than in the middle with Rhysy Bloomfield up against the in form Chris Kelly – if Kelly gets his hand on it he’ll give first use to Shagga Broadbent – back in this week after a couple on the sidelines but he’ll have to get through Pekes, Kuret and Bicer who should all start in the middle. Marbi’s biggest problem could come with a change up in the ruck – Benny Kinnear may take up this role and could damage Greenvale around the ground but the form of Bloomfield and Potter has been super.
Up forward for Greenvale - Pilling will probably get first crack at Chris Smith and is probably an ideal match up for him but Smith has been know to catch defenders out of position as he reads it pretty well, If Towner doesn’t get Caddy I’d say he’d have a run with role on the damaging Rama Pekes, that would leave Kev Whichello to pick up Caddy or Hakim. An area where Marbi could expose Greenvale is through the wings – Josh Tanner is a super talent and if the evergreen grey nurse “Pax” takes the far side he may lack the pace that Tanner has. Watch out for super fit Kon Karavias to burn down the opposite wing.
Young Bruno Provenzano could pick up the super slick Heath Ayres if he starts forward, Sedat would most probably go to Kinnear and Briggs to start on Benny Fletcher. Johnny Robbins should probably return to the senior side this week as he impressed in the 2’s and could add some additional grunt through the middle which Greenvale have an abundance of given Howse played his first game last week.
It’s hard to see Marbi getting over the line given Greenvale’s dominance but you never know, one thing will be interesting is how Greenvale handle the conditions down the river as I’m fairly sure not many of their players would have played there!

Avondale v Keilor – Keilor by 27 points.

Keilor are back in town with an impressive 3 weeks of footy with convincing wins over West Coburg, Marbi and Douttas, whilst Avondale have been consistent without being brilliant.

The midfield battle is where Avondale could stretch Keilor as Clay, Grant, Owen and Trewin have all had great starts to the year. Avondale have surprise most sides this year and one of the contributing factors has been their ruck combination of big Mastra and Hopkins, Hopkins especially who has a super leap and Johnson will need to be on as will the change up in Ball or Clinnick. The Heights also have great run from the defensive half and Ray Harrison could get the better of the Keilor defenders who, apart from Opar, don’t have a designated small to counter him!
Where Keilor are so strong though is that they constantly have multiple goal kickers and never really rely on one avenue. Marcy, Fraser, James, Rambo, Houlihan, Moore, Prowse, Dann and Moloney can all kick a handful of goals and I just don’t think Avondale have the cattle to stop them.

Craigieburn v Oak Park – Craigieburn by 34 points.

I got to see Craigieburn first hand last week and they were impressive in the conditions, they had winners all over the ground last week and if they replicate that they should easily account for the out of touch Oak Park.
Both Turners where impressive last week, with Adam starring up forward and Jimmy on the wing/half forward.
The reason Craigieburn will win this one is based around one bloke “Barry Brooks” who is a star, he’s been in red hot form and managed to kick 6 points last week which could quite easily have been 6 majors. Butler should get plenty of the footy on the wing and Corouzou is consistently hard at the footy whilst Jacobs plays the quarterback role well and has a booming boot. I’d say O’Neill will go to Albones if he plays otherwise he’d be a good match up for Bretty Argus, Wriggley should take Foster or Gleeson if he starts forward while at the other end Howard will go to Johar (if he plays) and Vernon to Poorter. Craigieburn should get home comfortably.

Aber’s v West Coburg – Abers by 3 points.

Strathmore v Douttas – Strathmore by 17 points.

Although Strathmore aren’t in great form and probably threw away 4 points last week it’s too hard to select Douttas with the players they have out.
Apart from the big names still running around for the Stars in Carey, Tankard, Docs, Ramsay etc they have many no name players who probably lack the experience Strathmore carry.
Former St. Bernard’s boy Michael Stapleton will battle with his former team-mate in Liam “Turtle” Wilkinson and this could be an interesting battle however; Wilkinson should take the points around the ground. Strathmore seem to lack a genuine Centre Half Back and have experimented with Campbell and Hutchinson with little success and one of them needs to get the gun Carey if Little doesn’t, then Mazzeo probably doesn’t have a designated opponent and could hurt with his run and carry.
Whilst at the other end I can’t see Douttas matching it with Winter, Harvey and Doering who continues to spend more time as a permanent forward this year.
Douttas will come out firing and have a crack but Strathmore’s options up forward far out way the Stars.

[

It took 6 years for D.S. to get back in to A grade but it felt like 10 :( (went down end of 92 and came back in 99)

THE DREBSTER[/quote]

And you starred playing in the ruck that year Drebster? What about pulling on the boots and helping out?(Just add to your 6345 games!!) The reunion is on this Saturday isnt? Will the sarfari suit be dusted off? :rolleyes:

Round 6 Previews

This week there is plenty of awesome games this week which will make or break plenty of clubs for season 2008.

Greenvale v Marbi Park – Greenvale by 13 points.

Well, it’s finally here – Glenn, Jimmy and Matty have waited 2 years for this week and here it is!
There is some awesome match ups all around the ground and won’t get any better than in the middle with Rhysy Bloomfield up against the in form Chris Kelly – if Kelly gets his hand on it he’ll give first use to Shagga Broadbent – back in this week after a couple on the sidelines but he’ll have to get through Pekes, Kuret and Bicer who should all start in the middle. Marbi’s biggest problem could come with a change up in the ruck – Benny Kinnear may take up this role and could damage Greenvale around the ground but the form of Bloomfield and Potter has been super.
Up forward for Greenvale - Pilling will probably get first crack at Chris Smith and is probably an ideal match up for him but Smith has been know to catch defenders out of position as he reads it pretty well, If Towner doesn’t get Caddy I’d say he’d have a run with role on the damaging Rama Pekes, that would leave Kev Whichello to pick up Caddy or Hakim. An area where Marbi could expose Greenvale is through the wings – Josh Tanner is a super talent and if the evergreen grey nurse “Pax” takes the far side he may lack the pace that Tanner has. Watch out for super fit Kon Karavias to burn down the opposite wing.
Young Bruno Provenzano could pick up the super slick Heath Ayres if he starts forward, Sedat would most probably go to Kinnear and Briggs to start on Benny Fletcher. Johnny Robbins should probably return to the senior side this week as he impressed in the 2’s and could add some additional grunt through the middle which Greenvale have an abundance of given Howse played his first game last week.
It’s hard to see Marbi getting over the line given Greenvale’s dominance but you never know, one thing will be interesting is how Greenvale handle the conditions down the river as I’m fairly sure not many of their players would have played there!

Avondale v Keilor – Keilor by 27 points.

Keilor are back in town with an impressive 3 weeks of footy with convincing wins over West Coburg, Marbi and Douttas, whilst Avondale have been consistent without being brilliant.

The midfield battle is where Avondale could stretch Keilor as Clay, Grant, Owen and Trewin have all had great starts to the year. Avondale have surprise most sides this year and one of the contributing factors has been their ruck combination of big Mastra and Hopkins, Hopkins especially who has a super leap and Johnson will need to be on as will the change up in Ball or Clinnick. The Heights also have great run from the defensive half and Ray Harrison could get the better of the Keilor defenders who, apart from Opar, don’t have a designated small to counter him!
Where Keilor are so strong though is that they constantly have multiple goal kickers and never really rely on one avenue. Marcy, Fraser, James, Rambo, Houlihan, Moore, Prowse, Dann and Moloney can all kick a handful of goals and I just don’t think Avondale have the cattle to stop them.

Craigieburn v Oak Park – Craigieburn by 34 points.

I got to see Craigieburn first hand last week and they were impressive in the conditions, they had winners all over the ground last week and if they replicate that they should easily account for the out of touch Oak Park.
Both Turners where impressive last week, with Adam starring up forward and Jimmy on the wing/half forward.
The reason Craigieburn will win this one is based around one bloke “Barry Brooks” who is a star, he’s been in red hot form and managed to kick 6 points last week which could quite easily have been 6 majors. Butler should get plenty of the footy on the wing and Corouzou is consistently hard at the footy whilst Jacobs plays the quarterback role well and has a booming boot. I’d say O’Neill will go to Albones if he plays otherwise he’d be a good match up for Bretty Argus, Wriggley should take Foster or Gleeson if he starts forward while at the other end Howard will go to Johar (if he plays) and Vernon to Poorter. Craigieburn should get home comfortably.

Aber’s v West Coburg – Abers by 3 points.

Strathmore v Douttas – Strathmore by 17 points.

Although Strathmore aren’t in great form and probably threw away 4 points last week it’s too hard to select Douttas with the players they have out.
Apart from the big names still running around for the Stars in Carey, Tankard, Docs, Ramsay etc they have many no name players who probably lack the experience Strathmore carry.
Former St. Bernard’s boy Michael Stapleton will battle with his former team-mate in Liam “Turtle” Wilkinson and this could be an interesting battle however; Wilkinson should take the points around the ground. Strathmore seem to lack a genuine Centre Half Back and have experimented with Campbell and Hutchinson with little success and one of them needs to get the gun Carey if Little doesn’t, then Mazzeo probably doesn’t have a designated opponent and could hurt with his run and carry.
Whilst at the other end I can’t see Douttas matching it with Winter, Harvey and Doering who continues to spend more time as a permanent forward this year.
Douttas will come out firing and have a crack but Strathmore’s options up forward far out way the Stars.

Puff Puff...I recon you've been on the choof...Greenvale will smack the Lions....the Burgers at home will show the Two Blues how to play a square ground...Oakers will have their first win for the year....Douttas/Mores could go either way and Avondale at home....they'll get over the line...

I hear Kenny Inghram is out of retirement and headed back to Craigieburn - will he be a chance to play 1's.

Also, good news for the Douttas camp with Philpott recovering quickly from his hamstring injury and should line up this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saul Caddy leaving Greenvale ???

I think it may be fair to suggest that, "Elvis has left the building"

He was spotted last night training at one of he's former clubs,as I understand it.

back to norf heidelberg

Just means The Jets will win the Flag by 10gls instead of 15gls!

Why he leaving, not happy at Greenvale, looking foward to tomorrow Marby vs Greenvale game and Go Marby, not another close game like the last 4 decided by less than 1 kick, hopefully Marby to win easily :eek: :D

Oakers v C'burn - Oakers to come out fired out of a cannon, craigieburn to edge back and win by 1 point

W.C. v Abers - Abers by 10 points? Who knows

Greenvale v Marbi - Greenvale by 50 points, too quick

Avondale v Keilor - Keilor by 40 points, their really starting to show their genuine contenders

Strathmore v Douttas - Strathmore by 140 points, douttas in real trouble

Crazyburn - 15 pts inconsistent but should still account for OP.
Greenvale - 50 pts Marby finding out recruits not good enough.
Keilor - 50 pts Avondale still building but not this week.
WC - 20pts have been good. Abers to drop off the pace.
SM - 45 pts DS not good enough & injuries don't help.

Why he leaving, not happy at Greenvale, looking foward to tomorrow Marby vs Greenvale game and Go Marby, not another close game like the last 4 decided by less than 1 kick, hopefully Marby to win easily :eek: :D

Better do that belt up another Notch Northy......weather to be great...small ground...there's gonna be some pants around the ankles this time tommorrow night...."go Marby" you say..."go" and buy some descent jocks as they'll be on show!!

What round are we in?

Gees, give the Mores time to adapt to a new game plan, new coach and new players.

They'll still make the four.
Apparently not everyone is singing from the same Hymn book down the creek. One of the assistant coaches has ridden off into the sun set...............

Crazyburn - 15 pts inconsistent but should still account for OP.
Greenvale - 50 pts Marby finding out recruits not good enough.
Keilor - 50 pts Avondale still building but not this week.
WC - 20pts have been good. Abers to drop off the pace.
SM - 45 pts DS not good enough & injuries don't help.

Mine are

Crazyburn - 70 points
Greenvale - 80 points
Keilor - 36 points
West - 18 points
Cashmore no more - 48 points

Good luck to all, go marby

Better do that belt up another Notch Northy......weather to be great...small ground...there's gonna be some pants around the ankles this time tommorrow night...."go Marby" you say..."go" and buy some descent jocks as they'll be on show!!

Huge game tomorrow for the might marby. They will be tested in every area on the park, will be interesting to see the final outcome come 5pm Saturday arvo.
Glen will be in bed by 8.30 tonight ready to take on his old team, also heard he had the short back sides cut today for the big game. Apparently he has waited a long time for this game, he might need medical attention come 5pm tomorrow, that rasty bullet whole will be serviced once again! :eek:

Huge game tomorrow for the might marby. They will be tested in every area on the park, will be interesting to see the final outcome come 5pm Saturday arvo.
Glen will be in bed by 8.30 tonight ready to take on his old team, also heard he had the short back sides cut today for the big game. Apparently he has waited a long time for this game, he might need medical attention come 5pm tomorrow, that rasty bullet whole will be serviced once again! :eek:

Jorgo back in for the Jets this week ready to take on new gun recruit Chris Stewart from Coburg/Nth Heildeberg!

Should be a ripper game.

Howsey and Caddy to sit the week out of football until they are cleared.

posted on the nfl board,was wondering if anyone knew of the rumour that
chris stewart of north heidelberg being cleared to play to maribynong park,when he's not playing at coburg.

Jorgo back in for the Jets this week ready to take on new gun recruit Chris Stewart from Coburg/Nth Heildeberg!

Should be a ripper game.

Howsey and Caddy to sit the week out of football until they are cleared.

Heard that they wont be cleared! If so, im sure North will have to pay a good price!

Anyone know the reason behind them wanting to leave?

Chris Stewart is an interesting player,can win the game off his own boot,but at times looks like he doesn't care,so supporters of Mariybynong
be prepared to be frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back