EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Pillios said:
Cool mate. Keilors and Oakers last year would beat Syd and Hadfield (last year) and push a few of the others.

Good topic though.

A couple of years ago keilors 2's were that good that there were the old timers saying that was the best going round(comming from blokes that have watched/played edfl all there lives). We have to remember that a lot of blokes play two's because cant be bothered, just want to have a kick and every year with injuries teams are short ringing blokes to fill in. Every club would have a bloke who would play 1's but cant train etc etc. So i dont think that apart from bottom 2 they would be competitive in B Grade. i think the difference in the comps a & B grade is getting closer now.

thewookie said:
A couple of years ago keilors 2's were that good that there were the old timers saying that was the best going round(comming from blokes that have watched/played edfl all there lives). We have to remember that a lot of blokes play two's because cant be bothered, just want to have a kick and every year with injuries teams are short ringing blokes to fill in. Every club would have a bloke who would play 1's but cant train etc etc. So i dont think that apart from bottom 2 they would be competitive in B Grade. i think the difference in the comps a & B grade is getting closer now.

Total agree Wookie there a number of footballers that dont play A seniors

because of work etc...... I think that the top 4 teams in B Grade would go

close to beating or win against the top 4 in the A two's.

People havve to remember B grade is getting better and should be great

to watch and see this year.

Therussian said:
this wont go down well but Marby is the worst ground followed by west coburg and Rox Park.

id have to agree with u abt west coburg, its one side is rounded the other side near the club rooms goes staright - - the best ground , i reckon would be keilor for sure. the surface ********s on any other surface in the edfl

tige19 said:
Very hard to compare when only training, when you actually play and compete against other teams can you honestley compare.

And dude i doubt you have seen much/if any at all GV footy so dont try and compare. GV is that far ahead of the EDFL that its hard to even think about comparing the 2 and the Eastern league is very very close to the GV so that shows how good that comp is.

Went to the EDFL GF and it was a great match between 2 very good sides, i also went to the GV GF and saw probably the best game of football for a local league (standard wise) that i have ever seen, was cleaner than a VFL match in the sense that it was free flowing and everyone and i mean everyone hit there targets. Should a Greenvale or Strathmoore play either of the GV GF teams they would have had there pants pulled down.

1. GV
2.EFL
3.Geelong/O&M
4.Mornington/DV
5.Murray
6.EDFL

what about the VAFA A Division, that would have to slot in the top 3 or 4 surely??

kingfooty said:
to have the edfl better than dvfl is an absolute joke. just ask the players that have played both and they will tell you that the dvfl craps all over edfl......wake up.....

The dvfl has dropped in standard ask anyone! But l still think the dvfl

isbetter than the edfl.

Allears said:
The dvfl has dropped in standard ask anyone! But l still think the dvfl

isbetter than the edfl.

what about the wrfl?? where would they rank amongst the leagues

Hard Ball Get said:
I think they would be about even right about now.

Maybe hard ball get, but you have to look at it in terms of middle teal

teams and compare them to each other. Strathmore are going to be

power house this year theres no doubts about that, but look at the teams

outside the 4!

If anyhing maybe by the end of this year they might be.

cant confirm that billy, but l have met him and he is a quality kid who will do very well on the open spaces of shark park. l can tell you that he seems to be very happy down there and is absolutely flying:D :D :D

Can we get off the subject of A res vs B grade....its not gonna happen so lets talk about something else....and for those of you who want to argue about which league is better there is a thread dedicated to that so can you talk about it there.

As for the person who said ash craig was captain of the twos at coburg when they were strong....you must be joking right the twos hardly one a game then. He was only captain cos he had been there a year already and was one of the blokes who had no chance of playing ones, so to say he 'struggled' to get a game in the ones is an understatement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19 said:
Very hard to compare when only training, when you actually play and compete against other teams can you honestley compare.

And dude i doubt you have seen much/if any at all GV footy so dont try and compare. GV is that far ahead of the EDFL that its hard to even think about comparing the 2 and the Eastern league is very very close to the GV so that shows how good that comp is.

Went to the EDFL GF and it was a great match between 2 very good sides, i also went to the GV GF and saw probably the best game of football for a local league (standard wise) that i have ever seen, was cleaner than a VFL match in the sense that it was free flowing and everyone and i mean everyone hit there targets. Should a Greenvale or Strathmoore play either of the GV GF teams they would have had there pants pulled down.

1. GV
2.EFL
3.Geelong/O&M
4.Mornington/DV
5.Murray
6.EDFL

You talk like you know everything DUDE, so I better not give an opinion. But, I have seen a few GV games and know many players playing in it or have played. Even Zerafa tells me it is a great standard.

With your ratings I agree with all, except DV and Murray and EDFL not having much between them at all.

The EDFL hasn't just improved over past 3 years it's RAPIDLY improved.

can_u_play said:
Can we get off the subject of A res vs B grade....its not gonna happen so lets talk about something else....and for those of you who want to argue about which league is better there is a thread dedicated to that so can you talk about it there.

As for the person who said ash craig was captain of the twos at coburg when they were strong....you must be joking right the twos hardly one a game then. He was only captain cos he had been there a year already and was one of the blokes who had no chance of playing ones, so to say he 'struggled' to get a game in the ones is an understatement.

Lets be honest here most of the blokes that go and play/train down at

coburg are only there for one reason to get there shorts and jackets so

they can say they played at coburg. Thats the bottom line.

Allears said:
Your joking arent you, he struggled at the cannons and played a handful

of games! As for being in the top 50 in B grade, not a chance!

He is a good player and as he playing a coburg who didnt!

Guys lets face it, someone tells you they played for the burgers 2's and you would just about laugh in their face. As for the Cannons kids it seems anyone who is any good gets poached by Willi, Re:Martin-Alcaide, Cristoforo, Ramsay,Both Hollow's, Barling and big T.K this year.
The other good ones play local and the rest well they just get bent over and smacked playin for the burgers 2's week in and out.:p

bigblackalsation said:
Guys lets face it, someone tells you they played for the burgers 2's and you would just about laugh in their face. As for the Cannons kids it seems anyone who is any good gets poached by Willi, Re:Martin-Alcaide, Cristoforo, Ramsay,Both Hollow's, Barling and big T.K this year.
The other good ones play local and the rest well they just get bent over and smacked playin for the burgers 2's week in and out.:p

Agreed.....but for some people/players thats there claim to fam!

Its takes them alittle longer to work out that can get more coin playing

local footy.....Actually it must be so they can get the white shorts seeing

they can wear them for away games, sad really.

Allears said:
Agreed.....but for some people/players thats there claim to fam!

Its takes them alittle longer to work out that can get more coin playing

local footy.....Actually it must be so they can get the white shorts seeing

they can wear them for away games, sad really.

Jake Thomas Kelior Park,

has given away Coburg Reserves to come back to his local club

Matthew Pillios said:
Mate, I agree with you and would say Ash Craig IS in the top 50. But, I think you are off the mark in regards to the standard.

I agree with the B Grade comment maybe 4 or 5 years ago (even maybe less) where a team like Glenroy (last years list) was nearly as good as their Premiership team in 96 if you compared lists, but they only fininshed 7th. THe standard from 2000 when W.Coburg won the flag compared to their side this year would not get 10 goals close. Marby's team last year and the Hts before would of flogged the B Grade winners from 5 or 6 years ago.
The same in A Grade. I played for M.Valley in 2004 and we had Minton -Connell, an inform J,McNamara, Harro, Bangit, Nick Aloi, J,Angelopolous, T.Kemp, W.Rabah, & a good young Lukey Ryan and we couldn't even get close. (6 wins-12) we finished, even though we were competitive. That list 5 years ago would of been top 2 or 3 in A Grade.
Harro coached the D.Stars to a flag in 2000 and last year reckoned his Valley side in 04 was just as good.
The money has actually gone past DV and is close to Eastern. Obviously, the standard then increases as it has dramatically in both Grades over the past 2 or 3.
Take a look at the B Grade lists mate. It is just the lower sides sometimes that can bring it to the level you may be assuming.

What are others opinions???

Matty the standard of b grade has increased heaps which is a good sign for the local area. I was just wondering how you think the great b grade douttas stars side (2000???) and greenvale side of 2002 would have gone. It is very hard to compare and there was no depth in those years. But douttas had good players such as doc and o'sullivan- who kicked about 120 goals.

On the other side greenvales b grade side was really good too. They had one bloke named athas who was the best local b grade player i ever saw!!! Throw in budge, bicer, canning, bakoulas, tortora, garbutt, zaffa, jon hassell and keenan and you have an a grade side.

Most poeple at greenvale firmly believe that their b grade side would have easily beat their 2003 a grade side that finished 6th and had to play their first 10 games away.

What a "b grade grand final" between 2002 greenvale and 2006 Marby would have been!!!!!!!

tige19 said:
1. GV
2.EFL
3.Geelong/O&M
4.Mornington/DV
5.Murray
6.EDFL

Tige, please tell me you mean Ovens and Murray at No 5. The Murray league would not be in the top 15 country/metro leagues.

well i think u are making a judgement on wrfl and have no idea.
Port colts played keilor in prac match last year and had about 6 very good players missing and keilor were a couple short and colts won pretty convincingly and the colts were so much more physical.
in saying that i think tha with all the recruiting going on in the edfl this year especially alot of wrfl players going across i think it will be stronger this year.

Allears said:
Lets be honest here most of the blokes that go and play/train down at

coburg are only there for one reason to get there shorts and jackets so

they can say they played at coburg. Thats the bottom line.

So i take it you have played higher level than that ALLEARS or does rubbishing the blokes that are actually good enough to play VFL make u feel better because you werent good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back