EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoosterGuy said:
The only big news thing about this, is probably that both Taylor and Turner are trying to spread rumours of them leaving and contemplating Nagambie F.C so hopefully it gets back to Westmeadows and they can try and squeeze even more money out of the club.
Both players are already being way over-paid than what they're actually worth, but no doubt they'll make Westmeadows fork out even more money just for them, rather than care about the club or other team mates or getting more recruits and being a successful side.

You really have no idea do you???? Goose

Panther26 said:
The Ballarat League is also of high quality now
I know a lot of players from Melton and watched the GF against Sunbury, They are very average footballers and would not have gotten near top 4 in EDFL a grade.

ROCK07 said:
well i think u are making a judgement on wrfl and have no idea.
Port colts played keilor in prac match last year and had about 6 very good players missing and keilor were a couple short and colts won pretty convincingly and the colts were so much more physical.
in saying that i think tha with all the recruiting going on in the edfl this year especially alot of wrfl players going across i think it will be stronger this year.
Not correct. The margin was a point. Plus the fact Keilor had five top players out for the whole game, and basically ran close to half a reserves team in the second half.
But all that is totally irrelevant. We know the coaches experiment, and you really cannot bench mark that.
If that was an accurate measure, then tige19 is totally wrong in his rankings. Keilor played Bundoora in 2003, official score not kept, but unofficial score had Keilor 12 goals in front.

JC1981 said:
I know a lot of players from Melton and watched the GF against Sunbury, They are very average footballers and would not have gotten near top 4 in EDFL a grade.
sunbury would win the flag in the edfl no worries. just look at their history. If they didnt win it in their first year they would probably win the next three.....very successful club..

kingfooty said:
sunbury would win the flag in the edfl no worries. just look at their history. If they didnt win it in their first year they would probably win the next three.....very successful club..
Sunbury about four years ago would have wo the EDFL gf but the side they put up against Melton in gf last year wouldnt make top4. Most of there good players from 4 years ago are now playing in EDFL. The 1 thing I give sunbury is that most of there players are home grown and come through either Rupertswood or there own juniors which is not something you can say about EDFL sides

ROCK07 said:
well i think u are making a judgement on wrfl and have no idea.
Port colts played keilor in prac match last year and had about 6 very good players missing and keilor were a couple short and colts won pretty convincingly and the colts were so much more physical.
in saying that i think tha with all the recruiting going on in the edfl this year especially alot of wrfl players going across i think it will be stronger this year.

fair call, in my opinion from watchin both wrfl n edfl, id think that the A grade from both comps is fairly close, but the edfl b grade kills wrfl's b grade (div 2) any day of the week. u have a look at the ladders and some scores from past seasons and u'll see my point.

Matthew Pillios said:
Been to training only 4 or 5 times to watch. Starting next week I hear.
The Avondale Boys rekon he is as tough as nails and can play.
Looks pretty solid.

seriously it must be tearing the fabric apart at marby , a bloke like lekkas just watching and then training when it suits him , heard weston and garbutt wont even consider getting on he track seriously for another week or two ,i've heard "thats ok, cause we only need them for 4 games " hahaha
it must kill a couple of you "marby boys" knowin, no how much you bust it on the track, it will count for nothin,funny thing is it will all come down to who steps up under pressure , when you look at it i spose superanuation might be a motivating factor for a few , but i bet west cob / westy are lickin there lips

son06 said:
as much as my mate is gonna hate me for writing this, a nice bloke by the name of damien caulfield just happened to play in the 03 a grade reserves premiership side at oak park, was unlucky not to make the seniors. will be playing at glenroy this year as there chf i would imagine. my point is, which team outside the 5 are gonna stop him this year, the guy could light it up in a grade seniors. any b grade side would have them in there top 5 players. my point is the would of taken care of every1 outside the finals last year in b grade, they were that strong,
and people dont understand just how hard it is to beat keilor at keilor, its disgusting how hard it is, any person who has(twice in my career) would understand how enjoyable it feels when you do, if they dont get 6 goals advantage at home, will bare my arse in bourke st. they usually dont have weak links in there reserves side, although they won it last year and thought it wasnt one of there best sides.

Son, you know this example is a rarerity. Caulfield has played 90% seniors in his 3 years at the Oakers and when he got dropped (VERY STIFF) it was not because of ability. It was more the fact that Oakers forward line had, Albones, McCartney, Sheppard, Gadsen and it was unstoppable and their just wasn't a spot on that day.

Aussie_dude said:
Matty the standard of b grade has increased heaps which is a good sign for the local area. I was just wondering how you think the great b grade douttas stars side (2000???) and greenvale side of 2002 would have gone. It is very hard to compare and there was no depth in those years. But douttas had good players such as doc and o'sullivan- who kicked about 120 goals.

On the other side greenvales b grade side was really good too. They had one bloke named athas who was the best local b grade player i ever saw!!! Throw in budge, bicer, canning, bakoulas, tortora, garbutt, zaffa, jon hassell and keenan and you have an a grade side.

Most poeple at greenvale firmly believe that their b grade side would have easily beat their 2003 a grade side that finished 6th and had to play their first 10 games away.

What a "b grade grand final" between 2002 greenvale and 2006 Marby would have been!!!!!!!

In 2002 you G'Vale did have an awesome B Grade side and was streaks ahead in front of the rest. Same with the Hts B Grade in 04. Very strong.

I just think if Marby's 06 and W.Cob 06 (on paper anyway) would have done the same maybe in those years. Its very close.

Good comparison though mate. I think that side had Budge injured most of the year, No Weston, Tate, Paxman and had blokes like George, Bicer and Tortora playing in 2nd gear.
Very close. But, I still feel there was at least 4 blokes in the 2002 Jets team (maybe 5) that would just miss out on the 06 Marby & W.Cob.

Hard Ball Get said:
I think all the clubs will improve. Howver if that happens like I think it will it is hard seeing Haddy improve interms of winning games and ladder position.

Yes agree mate.
I think Haddy will be improved, especially with Ash Manning, Scotty Lambert who are both big and go well and getting a few others.

It is going to be close for the teams to challenge Strathmore.
There wouldn't be much looking at lists between;
Avondale - Greenvale - Keilor - Doutta Stars - Aberfeldie fighting out
the last 3 spots.
I am not writing off the others. Oakers and K.Park WILL be competitive. I doubt Craigiburn and E.Keilor can make it. Cougars have signed a big from Eastern league last week for some hope and another from Country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on_the_sidelines said:
So i take it you have played higher level than that ALLEARS or does rubbishing the blokes that are actually good enough to play VFL make u feel better because you werent good enough?

I have played at a higher level than vfl res sorry to break it you on the

sidelines. I know how the system and how it wrks, if your not a rookie

or on the list of a afl club you have no hope there whats so eva.

At the end of the day lm a washed up footballer that plays local footy

with my mates, quite simple actually!

Allears said:
I have played at a higher level than vfl res sorry to break it you on the

sidelines. I know how the system and how it wrks, if your not a rookie

or on the list of a afl club you have no hope there whats so eva.

At the end of the day lm a washed up footballer that plays local footy

with my mates, quite simple actually!
nothing wrong with being washed up and gettin a kick with your mates on a saturday afternoon. Does anybody remember those days ?????? Thats how it was before all this money came into the equasion. Unfortunately, the EDFL is looking more like a retirement village for the AFL. But l guess it makes ours a better comp than most other leagues. Dont get me wrong guys, lm one of the washed up players still going round in twos working with the young guys, but l hope all this money dosnt turn our players into ********s. Only my opinion so dont bite my head off boys

Heartbreak Kid said:
nothing wrong with being washed up and gettin a kick with your mates on a saturday afternoon. Does anybody remember those days ?????? Thats how it was before all this money came into the equasion. Unfortunately, the EDFL is looking more like a retirement village for the AFL. But l guess it makes ours a better comp than most other leagues. Dont get me wrong guys, lm one of the washed up players still going round in twos working with the young guys, but l hope all this money dosnt turn our players into ********s. Only my opinion so dont bite my head off boys

yep.. money is only wrecking local footy. isnt playing with your mates enough.. you dont need to be paid because... you cant afford your mates anyway!

Matthew Pillios said:
Son, you know this example is a rarerity. Caulfield has played 90% seniors in his 3 years at the Oakers and when he got dropped (VERY STIFF) it was not because of ability. It was more the fact that Oakers forward line had, Albones, McCartney, Sheppard, Gadsen and it was unstoppable and their just wasn't a spot on that day.

your only proving my point matty, that year, damien caulfield would of only played 40 to 50 % in the seniors, so you can only imagine how strong there reserves side was. there was talent everywhere. and b grade wasnt that strong back then, outside the top couple of teams. my best mate played for oak park, but couldnt get a look in for a game, went to glenroy and was number 1 ruckmen in the seniors, and they finished middle of the road, thats a big drop in class.
but must admit this year would be totally different.
anyway, enough on that, will just say looking forward to seeing how b grade pans out this year, should be good.

rossfunke said:
yep.. money is only wrecking local footy. isnt playing with your mates enough.. you dont need to be paid because... you cant afford your mates anyway!
What l am saying idiot is that l hope the same thing dosnt happen to marby, as what happened to to a few other clubs in the last 5 years. What, you dont think that there is too much money being payed to B grade footballers??. Keep your smart comments to yourself

Matthew Pillios said:
In 2002 you G'Vale did have an awesome B Grade side and was streaks ahead in front of the rest. Same with the Hts B Grade in 04. Very strong.

I just think if Marby's 06 and W.Cob 06 (on paper anyway) would have done the same maybe in those years. Its very close.

Good comparison though mate. I think that side had Budge injured most of the year, No Weston, Tate, Paxman and had blokes like George, Bicer and Tortora playing in 2nd gear.
Very close. But, I still feel there was at least 4 blokes in the 2002 Jets team (maybe 5) that would just miss out on the 06 Marby & W.Cob.

Mate i think you will agree that footy is the same as life, you only have to do as much as you have to do. Thats why i think marby will win the flag, cause during the year players like Murphy, zaf, garbo, west, roaster will just cruise around knowing they can lift two gears when it counts. Just like Athas and garbutt did in the b grade grand final.

I reakon that the jets top 10 was better than marby's top 10 however. Yes budge was injured but im sure come finals time marby will have a big name out too. You gotta realise Budge and bicer played vfl first that current year and hassell came 3rd in the maggerie medal for south adel the year before. Bar murphy the jets top players were better.

However the standard of b grade will be much stronger in 2006 than ever before.

Aussie_dude said:
Mate i think you will agree that footy is the same as life, you only have to do as much as you have to do. Thats why i think marby will win the flag, cause during the year players like Murphy, zaf, garbo, west, roaster will just cruise around knowing they can lift two gears when it counts. .

Aussie if that is the case it is a sad, sad world.
Half ass efforts and just going through the motions is crap. That is in life and in footy. If you are going to do something do it properly.
When you go out you go out each and every time 100% otherwise you are just wasting your time and perhaps opportunities.

Heartbreak Kid said:
What l am saying idiot is that l hope the same thing dosnt happen to marby, as what happened to to a few other clubs in the last 5 years. What, you dont think that there is too much money being payed to B grade footballers??. Keep your smart comments to yourself

first of all where do you think you get off callin me an idiot... ur a wannker if u done understand my last post. i hope it doesn't happen to any club... i do think there is too much money being payed to "B GRADE FOOTBALLERS". You need to get on with it and keep YOUR smart comments to YOURSELF

rossfunke said:
first of all where do you think you get off callin me an idiot... ur a wannker if u done understand my last post. i hope it doesn't happen to any club... i do think there is too much money being payed to "B GRADE FOOTBALLERS". You need to get on with it and keep YOUR smart comments to YOURSELF
Dont waste your time mate im not getting into a slanging match with you. You must have been, or still are one of those players who rely on their smart mouth coz they lack football ability. Dont waste everyone time by replying to this coz l will ignore it. See ya ********er

Aussie_dude said:
Mate i think you will agree that footy is the same as life, you only have to do as much as you have to do. Thats why i think marby will win the flag, cause during the year players like Murphy, zaf, garbo, west, roaster will just cruise around knowing they can lift two gears when it counts. Just like Athas and garbutt did in the b grade grand final.

I reakon that the jets top 10 was better than marby's top 10 however. Yes budge was injured but im sure come finals time marby will have a big name out too. You gotta realise Budge and bicer played vfl first that current year and hassell came 3rd in the maggerie medal for south adel the year before. Bar murphy the jets top players were better.

Yeah, fair call. It is pretty close. For interest sake who would be the top 10 from that 2002 team. I will try and do the best for Hts 2004 who were very strong and prediction for Marby's & W.Cob 06.

Heartbreak Kid said:
Dont waste your time mate im not getting into a slanging match with you. You must have been, or still are one of those players who rely on their smart mouth coz they lack football ability. Dont waste everyone time by replying to this coz l will ignore it. See ya ********er

you think i want to get in one with you.. i was stating my OPINION about money in B GRADE FOOTBALL in a FORUM... thats why they have forums set up.. so people can have their say.

But some of use like to take it one step further by calling people you don't know "idiots" or "have been, or still are one of those players who rely on their smart mouth coz they lack football ability" or "********er"... oh by the way if i was "one of those players" id like to pick on you cause you seem very easily intimidated.

there has to be one in every crowd.. however i will take one thing on board that you have said and that is itll be a pleasure to ignore you..

Aussie_dude said:

I think your last statement said it all aussie dude! "You only have to do as much as you have to do". Im glad lm not your coach and to me and many others out there that says alot about you as a person!
Only my opinion tho, l just dont understand if your not going to give 100% then why bother or play..!
As for some of those marby blokes that just cruise during the season, thats what marby did last year with Nash, Zerfa etc and when come to finals they went missing! Greenvale nearly had the same side in 2000 except(Bicer, Bakoulas and Hassell) in which west coburg beat them by 0ver 14 goals in the finals that year. If you want to compare sides atleast add them to account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back