EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing Dury might get his first game at Williamstown this weekend vs Carlton. He was travelling emergency last weekend.

How is it the edfl have 2 undefeated teams playing off in premier this week and match of the day is bottom of the ladder. As if the mutual fans wouldn’t want to watch the top of the table clash 🤦‍♂️ dropped the ball here

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How is it the edfl have 2 undefeated teams playing off in premier this week and match of the day is bottom of the ladder. As if the mutual fans wouldn’t want to watch the top of the table clash 🤦‍♂️ dropped the ball here

Here's the schedule for the year. You get another chance later on. Not to mention finals and a GF.

It's about spreading it around.

Here's the schedule for the year. You get another chance later on. Not to mention finals and a GF.

It's about spreading it around.

I get it but it’s not every year u have two undefeated teams in the top flight who are neighbours, change the schedule. Should market the shit out of it and draw a massive crowd even of mutuals to Joe brown. Or people from other leagues etc. spread the word of the league. Anyway just me putting a business hat on.

I get it but it’s not every year u have two undefeated teams in the top flight who are neighbours, change the schedule. Should market the s**t out of it and draw a massive crowd even of mutuals to Joe brown. Or people from other leagues etc. spread the word of the league. Anyway just me putting a business hat on.

Should they move to a stand alone game on a Sunday to allow entire competition to get along for a look?

Match of the Day out of Premier and D1 should be at Windy Hill (either Saturday or Sunday).

Its a crying shame that the best surface in the area basically goes unused for most of winter save for the occasional Essendon reserves game and womens football. Both of which don't draw many spectators.

I actually think that’s a great idea home club on that Sunday would make bank! Unless the away team brings a white van

Reckon EK would be up for it but doubt Keilor would disrespect their juniors by playing on a Sunday.

Most people follow a club and go to the footy, so how many are actually watching the live stream ? I like that the comp gives every club a chance at it.

Both clubs would be spending north of $10k a week on players (very conservative estimate) so if you want your little game streamed pay for it yourself!

I get it but it’s not every year u have two undefeated teams in the top flight who are neighbours, change the schedule. Should market the s**t out of it and draw a massive crowd even of mutuals to Joe brown. Or people from other leagues etc. spread the word of the league. Anyway just me putting a business hat on.

Don't often agree with you Bash but the League don't do enough to market and promote Big Games. Play it at a mutual ground(Jacana is a great ground) on a Sunday , would get enough interest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't often agree with you Bash but the League don't do enough to market and promote Big Games. Play it at a mutual ground(Jacana is a great ground) on a Sunday , would get enough interest

Yeah like I said they miss out on opportunities. Same goes for Div 1 games.

Should make a big deal about massive games and market it.

This isn’t because EK is playing in a big game this weekend. Just in general

The league should make it easier to attend the big games. I would like to see more games played at Windy Hill and more Sunday games. For example how about having the match of the round for each week played at Windy Hill on a Sunday and then promote and market the game to all. It could be a family day with face-painting for kids, jumping castle and kids rides etc and invite local businesses to promote themselves especially the restaurants. Even have pre-match entertainment.

Reckon EK would be up for it but doubt Keilor would disrespect their juniors by playing on a Sunday.

Most people follow a club and go to the footy, so how many are actually watching the live stream ? I like that the comp gives every club a chance at it.

Both clubs would be spending north of $10k a week on players (very conservative estimate) so if you want your little game streamed pay for it yourself!
A bit light on the $10k a week - well north of this especially when the so called Cap is $6k per week. And Yet clubs like keilor Park & Rupertswood get done for Salary cap breaches - Go figure.........

The league should make it easier to attend the big games. I would like to see more games played at Windy Hill and more Sunday games. For example how about having the match of the round for each week played at Windy Hill on a Sunday and then promote and market the game to all. It could be a family day with face-painting for kids, jumping castle and kids rides etc and invite local businesses to promote themselves especially the restaurants. Even have pre-match entertainment.
Charge $10 with kids free.
Clubs would lose out with bar and canteen by moving game to Windy Hill so $10 entry fee ought to cover that.

You would get smaller crowds and most of the spectators are junior parents and their kids. They all ply Sundays so it would be difficult for them to then try get to windy hill for the senior match.

Keilor too good as expected.

EK did really well in the first quarter, Stewart going down by 1/4 time didn’t help.

Can’t see any teams stopping keilor, they have serious depth too.

Will go through the year undefeated and walk their way into a flag.

EK did really well in the first quarter, Stewart going down by 1/4 time didn’t help.

They beat a team that was only up there because of an easy draw .. long way to go

Check the results Bash. Pacco got very close and at Keilors ground.

Long way to go yet, it’s not 2021 they aren’t just going to be given a flag for being on top of the ladder during the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back