EDFL Premier Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone wants to see any club forfeit , it's not good for the Comp. In Doutta's case everyone can see they are struggling(most clubs go through that phase). They clearly struggle to get numbers for reserves up every week and have done a great job just getting the team up to play so far. The other club getting pummeled in the reserves is AH who have managed to get a team up every week , I say kudos to both Doutta's and AH for fielding a team each week, obviously have people willing to put in the hard yards when they know there is no reward. But these are 2 old school respected A Grade Clubs with personal who have been around for years and understand although the wins may be scarce at the moment, keeping the integrity of the place will hold it in good stead once they become strong again.

Kudos to clubs because they are able to field a reserves team? Give it a spell. It’s these clubs fault they are in the situation they are, no one else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All the players that left EK to go to KP was because they wanted to play Div 2 or 1 seniors rather than reserves. That cant be helped and did this shows what a bunch of softies they were also as they didnt want to hang around and play a higher standard in reserves, or they wanted $ which they went going to get to play Ressies? It comes to a point where there arent any "spares" to replace the shortage. Easy to say get fill ins but its not that easy. Maybe if EDFL didnt have thirds there would be a bigger pool across the comp ?
What Rubbish ! They left because ALL the EK boys were shoved into the thirds and the EK boys left playing in the seconds were deemed not good enough for the all powerful ones side. As it was, The thirds were the only team to walk away with premiership medals as the seconds & firsts choked on Grand Final day when there were 5 or 6 fully fit players sitting in the stands watching and not being selected.
As for the "softies" comment - well i assume you haven't seen any of these lads play.
4 Years later -this is the result of those decisions and where the club find itself.

What Rubbish ! They left because ALL the EK boys were shoved into the thirds and the EK boys left playing in the seconds were deemed not good enough for the all powerful ones side. As it was, The thirds were the only team to walk away with premiership medals as the seconds & firsts choked on Grand Final day when there were 5 or 6 fully fit players sitting in the stands watching and not being selected.
As for the "softies" comment - well i assume you haven't seen any of these lads play.
4 Years later -this is the result of those decisions and where the club find itself.
Great fair honest post BC. 👍

Greenvale/Strathmore must be sitting back laughing at all this. Free pass into finals.

Any truth to rumor that Dennis wont be going round again next season (at EK) Bash?

When a senior club takes the gutless option to play their U18s in a competition that doesnt contribute to the Senior or Reserves sides day then you will always get this problem. The bigger problem is that this was ticked off to happen by the EDFL Board at the start of the year without the foresight of this eventual scenario.
Once again , changes to the rules to try and appease a problem which in turn creates 10 other problems further down the track

It brings out the worst in the forum, sadly. Have never seen so many people join just to pay out on one club/person.

Maybe there's a chance here for players who won't be getting a kick this weekend to get a day permit so the game can go ahead? Surely this is all we want at the end of the day?
As a neutral supporter, it’s unbearable. And so many of them have made it personal. Like what does EK’s coach smoking have to do with anything? Pretty sad boys. I actually hope EK do well just so we can go back to talking about something else

As a neutral supporter, it’s unbearable. And so many of them have made it personal. Like what does EK’s coach smoking have to do with anything? Pretty sad boys. I actually hope EK do well just so we can go back to talking about something else
I think the personal issue is that there are that many fishing rods on this forum and they continually catch the big fish. I think if the big fish stops biting the personal issues may stop.

Yes. Recruit better players and some end up in the Reserves that were previously seniors. Fact of life. Some in thirds actually played ones that year also. im not defending every single selection. Playing in a thirds flag is not much to brag about though. I dont think the 1st choked that year, they got well beaten in the second semi final also and werent good enough

He should know better than to have to justify everything on an internet forum.
True enough, I'm clearly not speaking about Bashen, Pat or EK though.
I get that they're seemingly the first thing that comes to mind for some of you but it doesn't make it any less pathetic.
It's a footy forum in the run in to finals, surely there's something more meaningful to discuss than gossip mag fodder?

True enough, I'm clearly not speaking about Bashen, Pat or EK though.
I get that they're seemingly the first thing that comes to mind for some of you but it doesn't make it any less pathetic.
It's a footy forum in the run in to finals, surely there's something more meaningful to discuss than gossip mag fodder?
Keilor will romp it in, so nothing footy meaningful related to discuss. Div 1 & 2 are more interesting than Premier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Recruit better players and some end up in the Reserves that were previously seniors. Fact of life. Some in thirds actually played ones that year also. im not defending every single selection. Playing in a thirds flag is not much to brag about though. I dont think the 1st choked that year, they got well beaten in the second semi final also and werent good enough
It was a Massive Choke - They lost 2 games all year before the finals and beat Craigieburn in both matches during the season 5 goals and 10 goals last game before finals. They were hot favourites to win it. On another note - I would be Bragging about any Premiership medal I would have won, They are not just handing them out no matter what division. You have to beat who you come up against and they wont let you win...

Is this smoking comment actually true? Surely that’s not true but maybe Bash can confirm. Would be a great example to the players or younger blokes surely.

Is this smoking comment actually true? Surely that’s not true but maybe Bash can confirm. Would be a great example to the players or younger blokes surely.
Yep , he walked over with a smoke in his hands and just stood there with nothing so say. Really poor look for the younger generation. A few people had something to say about it at the game. He just shrugged it off.

Yep , he walked over with a smoke in his hands and just stood there with nothing so say. Really poor look for the younger generation. A few people had something to say about it at the game. He just shrugged it off.
iansmith that’s unbelievable
So he was on the ground during a quarter time break with a ciggie?
Amazing none of the senior players said anything, certainly something I haven’t seen for over 30 years
What a great example he is setting, such a high level of professionalism

Wait last comment from me but this topic is so good I couldn’t help myself, you guys dispise a man that much, that most of you have not met, that because he sparked up a dart when walking away from a huddle at an outdoor senior football game he should be crucified I’ve heard it all.

If you guys are trying to get a bite out of me I promise that will end. After comments like that it shows what sort of people I’m dealing with here when I reply… bunch of idiots LOL…. Attitude of crucify everything EK no matter what. Ignore things and don’t comment when they raised money for players that had life changing injuries and snapped their legs, but let’s crucify them because the coach sparked a dart walking away from the huddle.

Bet you 90% of people here smoke or walk on the ground to huddles holding cans of alcohol hahahahahahahhaa I’m actually in tears

Bluejet and Auck the only non EK people I know on here with a logical thought process.

From the bottom of my heart thanks for the laugh boys, made my night.

Last edited:
Wait last comment from me but this topic is so good I couldn’t help myself, you guys dispose a man that much, that most of you have not met, that because he sparked up a dart when walking away from a huddle at an outdoor senior football game he should be crucified I’ve heard it all.

If you guys are trying to get a bite out of me I promise that will end. After comments like that it shows what sort of people I’m dealing with here when I reply… bunch of idiots LOL…. Attitude of crucify everything EK no matter what. Ignore things and don’t comment when they raised money for players that had life changing injuries and snapped their legs, but let’s crucify them because the coach sparked a dart walking away from the huddle.

Bet you 90% of people here smoke or walk on the ground to huddles holding cans of alcohol hahahahahahahhaa I’m actually in tears

From the bottom of my heart thanks for the laugh boys, made my night.

Sorry mate but the only one ‘ignoring things’ here is you. Because you’re ignoring that the things that people have to say about your club is true, not just dart smoking cmon at least mention the salary cap cheating and everything else 😜 we won’t see you mentioning any of that.

You said 3 weeks ago you weren’t replying to anymore comments.

And nah mate I don’t have a dart or beer at half time, neither does our senior coach cheers 👌

Last edited:
Sorry mate but the only one ‘ignoring things’ here is you.

And nah mate I don’t have a dart or beer at half time, neither does our senior coach cheers 👌
Sorry mate but the only one ‘ignoring things’ here is you.

I hung up the boots a few years back but never have I seen it in my years either except old mate

I hung up the boots a few years back but never have I seen it in my years either except old mate
Smoking a dart is just a bad look. However we are crucifying for sacking the coach because thinking can do a better job, making it a one man show, making excuses for losses on a public page, cheating the salary cap. List just goes on really

In the 70s and 80s, 3/4time, there were more darts handed around than oranges in EDFL huddles!
Even VFL.. Vander was one that comes to mind

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone would want to give up their time to play for East Keilor. It’s sad but why should anyone do that? No one did when doutta stars forfeited their ressies a few weeks ago?

Haven’t the club already made it Clear they have given up on playing?

Nobody should do it, I was merely asking if anyone had thought to put out feelers to get a team on the field. EK or EDS, it doesn't really matter. I'm not even sure if it's allowed, but I'm guessing on any given weekend there's 100's of blokes who don't get to play a game of footy.

People have very little sympathy for a club that went around poaching players for outrageous sums unheard of at local footy.

Karma bus has hit and hopefully only gets worse for the cheats

Yes, but it's the same rhetoric day after day, week after week getting rehashed by new people on the forum. At what point does it become enough for the well-being of the thread?

Mores over AH by 50
Abers over EDS by 40
Greenvale over MP by 60
Keilor over EK by 60
Pascoe Vale over APW by 50

SM by 38
Abers by 65
GV by 74
Keilor by 50
Pacco by 32

Status
Not open for further replies.