EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sources are multiple players who I speak to and just general vibe at the club. I’m a stalwart at the Strathmore Football club has a previous head coach, runner, water carrier, goal umpire, the first ever bartender at the club. I previously played for Ballarat in the 30s and 40s and finished up my career at Federal FC in Wagga Wagga in the 50s and early 60s.

Imagine how upset Marty and Jimmy are tonight haha. The snakes will be back in hiding for another week while everything you claimed went wrong again. Your football knowledge is cooked, it’s sad really. The Strathmore players hated Marty and the senior players requested and enjoy Nick Ash leading the club. Move on you embarassing disgrace of a person.

Great game today by the mores, good to see a coach that understands the game get the job done unlike like last year for the Mores where the players had to try and do the opposite of the coaches instructions because it was so damn wrong.

Hey, great to see Marty going back a few steps… going to try and learn from the 14s and 16s at Rupo, probably hoping some of them learnt something from Ash when he was senior coach there.

the ash people will always support ash as will the allison people likewise. club dont need the ongoing storyline no matter how it’s told.

if the playing group tail did wag the dog then its only a matter of time before history repeats as it often does. players always happy when getting a kick or getting well paid but we often see the other side where it quickly becomes the coach or someone else’s fault

beat keilor and the players are put on a pedestal lose and someone will find ways to blame the coaches box. that has always been the narrow minded and not so nice side of local footy when expectations or opinion dont match reality

the ash people will always support ash as will the allison people likewise. club dont need the ongoing storyline no matter how it’s told.

if the playing group tail did wag the dog then its only a matter of time before history repeats as it often does. players always happy when getting a kick or getting well paid but we often see the other side where it quickly becomes the coach or someone else’s fault

beat keilor and the players are put on a pedestal lose and someone will find ways to blame the coaches box. that has always been the narrow minded and not so nice side of local footy when expectations or opinion dont match reality
Coaches do get paid well and at the end of the day they are employed by the club
Everybody has a boss and expectations are there just like your job

yep agree and there are a lot of clubs around the state (not edfl) who are paying ridiculous money to first time coaches, crap coaches but then committee’s often escape scrutiny of forseeing due diligence out of desperation or because we are only volunteers.

saying that above not too many workplaces can form a mutiny and have the boss moved on because they don’t like her/his vibe

yep agree and there are a lot of clubs around the state (not edfl) who are paying ridiculous money to first time coaches, crap coaches but then committee’s often escape scrutiny of forseeing due diligence out of desperation or because we are only volunteers.

saying that above not too many workplaces can form a mutiny and have the boss moved on because they don’t like her/his vibe
I can assure u being on a committee is not for the faint hearted
They do all the heavy lifting and the scrutiny is at its peak
Players and former players and members all have there say
Oh and they need to raise the funds to keep the whole club going
I think I’d rather coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’d rather coach
yes your spot on. have been there too and its hard work but at times rewarding well beyond scoreboards or ladder positions.

I think I’d rather coach
Is there anything you cannot do ? You are amazing.....

Wow. I don't know the young fella so it's hardly personal. It is a genuine question.

Many months ago I said Keilor was very beatable. I was right. Mick's territory has run out of fuel. Is Mick's son a better player than any other available player who would play a similar role who has toiled at Keilor all year long and not been selected in the seniors?

He’s in their best team. Will probably play AFL.

I think I’d rather coach
Raise the funds, maybe at the smaller clubs. However at the so called big clubs player fees would cover any spend. Most big clubs have 500+ players multiply by $500 = 250k without any other income. Where does it all go with a salary cap??!!

Raise the funds, maybe at the smaller clubs. However at the so called big clubs player fees would cover any spend. Most big clubs have 500+ players multiply by $500 = 250k without any other income. Where does it all go with a salary cap??!!
I think you will find Edfl fees and running cost of club without seniors most of that would be chewed up

Facts are, Ash had nothing to do with Allison being sacked, poor performance and poor relationships with the playing group did. And for the football whispering fool from the Allison family on here to still attack Ash a year later is just disgusting, Ash when first approached said no, it was when THE CLUB approached again and said he’s gone either way, and the players are requesting you that he put his hand up eventually.

FootballWhisperer continues to claim he’s a self appointed club stalwart and legend but does NOTHING but try to harm the club after joining BigFooty immediately after Allison was moved on, with constant pot shots out of spite. Unfortunately it’s that exact type of toxic ego that ruins football clubs for good people. Sadly, much like we saw at EK, hopefully for the good people there now they get some clean air.

Reality is, coaching is a difficult job, I have no doubt that Marty tried his best, unfortunately it wasn’t what the club needed and that’s ok, no need to have a tantrum for a year about it. I mean come on, he was teaching players to snap up into a press, whilst screaming at players to man up and stand on an opponent at the same time all year long. He didn’t understand the defensive structure he was attempting to make the team play, he had just heard about it somewhere along the way. Anyone at the grand final near the coaches box saw him SCREAMING at his own full forward for not manning up while the Mores had the footy going inside 50, dude didn’t even realise who had the footy.

Grow the **** up and get over it. The sad part is, the toxic behaviour forced X out of his club which deep down he would prefer to still be playing at. Now how about you act like a proper club person, wish Ash and the players all the best, otherwise, shut up, and find a new club to annoy.

He will be ok as local footy needs willing participants. thick skin if it’s his turn. i believe he was hanging around at Rupo when they lost one? and wash on the peripheral with Marty before the most current of change.
maybe its been more of a right on place right time thing instead of iq and placing footballers where they need them.
The previous coach at Rupo removed himself from the running because he was refusing to sign the offered contract for the following year and wanted to wait and wait before he decided what to do, the club said it can’t just wait and needs to get the next season organised so they moved on. It was really nothing related to anyone else but the outgoing coach and his own delaying a decision.

Unlikely they’ll be a mick’s minute today so here’s the Whisp’s minute:

Oh boy wowee. Terrific Tudor has done it. I said earlier in the year that their problem was scoring and they need to kick multiple goals against the red white and blue to stand a chance. Saad was immense today - bringing his tricks from Preston City Oval to coburg. Kosmas brilliance wasn’t enough to spark a comeback as the Panthers exercise their mental demons and September scaries are a flash in the past for the Red and Black.

Now we move to Sunday….Nick Ash’s last hurrah.
Haha Marty got it wrong again…. Classic.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back