EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Strathmore's smalls were too good in the end against the Jets. Weightman is a good player but geez he loves to play for frees and sadly the umpire fell for it a few times. Never seen a bloke flop more in my life. Lots of questionable acts from the Mores boys all day tbh. Hoping Keilor wipes the floor clean with them.
I watched the replay & I'm not sure I've seen more attempts to draw a high tackle, however, both teams were guilty of it. If you know they're going to do it, surely you adjust your approach?
I'm not sure what you mean by questionable acts tbh.
Gvale would have to be pretty happy with their season, made finals, gave Abers a touch up & weren't out of their depth against a quality Strathmore side. Retain the existing squad, add some pace & class through midfield & they should be able to take another step forward.

No idea what you mean. why would Strathmore want another small forward player of Reserves quality at best IMO?
Sorry mate, I meant that poster has posted 3 times, each has been about Duggan.
It's either a mate taking the piss or Duggan trying to hype himself IMO.

Would be getting paid very well and more than other clubs would be willing or able to afford. But have they put all there eggs into 1 basket. Having said that Dennis is pretty loyal and rarely moves clubs. Good on him..
He would be the BHP of football outside afl when it comes to return on investment. Faultless in every respect.

If they lose this week, McGuane is more chance to get the sack. Same old coaching, same training drills, initiative square for two decades, getting by on poaching talent and convincing young quality players to move to Keilor in their late junior years to top him up again.
bit stiff comparing mighty mick to that clown
good coaches stick with what works !

you should stick to licking windows

Last edited:
Would be getting paid very well and more than other clubs would be willing or able to afford. But have they put all there eggs into 1 basket. Having said that Dennis is pretty loyal and rarely moves clubs. Good on him..
I’d say they have combined the value of the 15 players leaving and offered to buy Dennis an investment property 😂😂

Agreed - Weightman, Mammoliti, Clinnick, Egan plus Holian & Jury at times is pretty lethal. Not sure about the free kick talk though were at the feet all day and brought waves of pressure.
Weightman was the difference in the end - Not much separated the two teams other than that. Maybe the ruck dominance of Keogh and the difference in forward 50 pressure between the two sides.
Plenty of questionable acts by the mores - tripping, knocking ball out of hand to try and get a 50, diving. The flop by Weightman for his 3rd goal was cringeworthy, but of course the ump fell for it.

Plenty of questionable acts by the mores - tripping, knocking ball out of hand to try and get a 50, diving. The flop by Weightman for his 3rd goal was cringeworthy, but of course the ump fell for it.
200.gif

I take your jaundiced and ungracious vent with a bit more than a grain of salt. You’ve obviously swallowed the whole shaker.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bit stiff comparing mighty mick to that clown
good coaches stick with what works !

you should stick to licking windows

Good coaches stick to what works lol… poaching players from other clubs?… while the Keilor FC pays him so much he can raid juniors of other clubs all year round because the pay is so high it leaves him not needing to work haha. I don’t blame Mick, if ya can get it, why not. But it’s a huge advantage.

Come on Jimbob. Grow up you mop bucket. I’ve never seen a family embarrass themself so much as the Marty crew has over the last year.

If Matty Dennis has signed it would have been posted on EK social pages within a minute. Talk on the Northern BF of him joining back up with his ex Bundoora captain dropping down a level.

That title goes to Corey Ellis, heard he got offered the kitchen sink by some country club (probably does every year, blokes a freak) but opted to play for a lot less at

That title goes to Corey Ellis, heard he got offered the kitchen sink by some country club (probably does every year, blokes a freak) but opted to play for a lot less at Keilor.

Respect.
Think Corey would be excommunicated from his family if he even thought of departing Keilor such is the long history of the Ellis dynasty there?

Good coaches stick to what works lol… poaching players from other clubs?… while the Keilor FC pays him so much he can raid juniors of other clubs all year round because the pay is so high it leaves him not needing to work haha. I don’t blame Mick, if ya can get it, why not. But it’s a huge advantage.

Come on Jimbob. Grow up you mop bucket. I’ve never seen a family embarrass themself so much as the Marty crew has over the last year.
Agree hes the best poacher this side of the Mozambique border
Who is the Marty Crew?

Facts are, Ash had nothing to do with Allison being sacked, poor performance and poor relationships with the playing group did. And for the football whispering fool from the Allison family on here to still attack Ash a year later is just disgusting, Ash when first approached said no, it was when THE CLUB approached again and said he’s gone either way, and the players are requesting you that he put his hand up eventually.

FootballWhisperer continues to claim he’s a self appointed club stalwart and legend but does NOTHING but try to harm the club after joining BigFooty immediately after Allison was moved on, with constant pot shots out of spite. Unfortunately it’s that exact type of toxic ego that ruins football clubs for good people. Sadly, much like we saw at EK, hopefully for the good people there now they get some clean air.

Reality is, coaching is a difficult job, I have no doubt that Marty tried his best, unfortunately it wasn’t what the club needed and that’s ok, no need to have a tantrum for a year about it. I mean come on, he was teaching players to snap up into a press, whilst screaming at players to man up and stand on an opponent at the same time all year long. He didn’t understand the defensive structure he was attempting to make the team play, he had just heard about it somewhere along the way. Anyone at the grand final near the coaches box saw him SCREAMING at his own full forward for not manning up while the Mores had the footy going inside 50, dude didn’t even realise who had the footy.

Grow the **** up and get over it. The sad part is, the toxic behaviour forced X out of his club which deep down he would prefer to still be playing at. Now how about you act like a proper club person, wish Ash and the players all the best, otherwise, shut up, and find a new club to annoy.

Will the infamous ‘Marty’ emails be released?

Nervous wait for Keilor and Christos Kosmas today… 5 goals in their first final but a very very silly high unnecessary bump to an opponent that had taken a mark. You’d think these days it has to be a week at least.

What will the EDFL do….

That title goes to Corey Ellis, heard he got offered the kitchen sink by some country club (probably does every year, blokes a freak) but opted to play for a lot less at Keilor.

Respect.
Lets not forget too he decided to give VFL a go once his time at AFL level was up having had a go at two clubs for even lesser money. When he easily could have gone straight to Keilor instead

Nervous wait for Keilor and Christos Kosmas today… 5 goals in their first final but a very very silly high unnecessary bump to an opponent that had taken a mark. You’d think these days it has to be a week at least.

What will the EDFL do….
Saturday at the time i wasn’t sure either way but i now think after another look you might be right BC

What will the EDFL do….
Anyone got this footage?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back