EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

As the Exodus continues at EK, it really does show the character of the departed following money ( especially the one pointers). Not Matty Dennis though - what a champion bloke & player - signed for next year and they can build around him. Not all doom & gloom at EK ,in fact the opposite. This so called champion list that Christofi assembled managed to win 4 games this year and came to Premier Division by default. The turnover of players at EK has been Phenomenal over the past 6 years - Must be over 150+ players with NEW EK JUMPERS and warm up tops that have left.
What Legacy does he leave ? Well i am sure they will here about it at the Preso on Friday night - might be a bit awkward for some , especially if he was advising a lot of these players to leave.

Avondale, Craigieburn, Westmeadows, Glenroy were all in the same boat and have managed to stay in existence, rebuild and reset for the future. I am sure EK will be fine with a lot happening behind the scenes. Good Luck in 2025...
Legacy? Surely you jest

There’s no legacy when you are funding the departure
Who are the confirmed departures from EK?
Hopefully some of the people that were put off by Pat return & help the club through this next period, even if just in an off field capacity.
If it’s only some it will be a lot

Say it ain’t so Longblow . This van was seen at one of your away games . Please tell me you didn’t cross to the dark side like the white van people View attachment 2113300
If I recall when deer park were in div1 they catch a bus to the away games but always come in numbers and support the opposition club by buying beers. Totally different to the keilor model.

Who are the confirmed departures from EK?
Hopefully some of the people that were put off by Pat return & help the club through this next period, even if just in an off field capacity.

Calluzzi Hill. Laguna campisi Instead of being remembered as great EK clubman and players u be remembered as pats puppets how embarrassing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I recall when deer park were in div1 they catch a bus to the away games but always come in numbers and support the opposition club by buying beers. Totally different to the keilor model.
As it must be in footy. Decent clubs supporters help out & spend when travelling away and expect and receive from the overwhelming majority of clubs at home games. It’s shocking that some greedy selfish clubs do otherwise

Calluzzi Hill. Laguna campisi Instead of being remembered as great EK clubman and players u be remembered as pats puppets how embarrassing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you recall caluzzi, laguda and campisi already left the club to cs and douttas… pretty sure Pat got them all back through his appointment no? So no surprise they have left again.

Dion had also left awhile back to St Albans at one point.

Therefore I wouldn’t call them puppets, instead of blaming them maybe put your disappointment to the appointment of arguably the worst coach in EDFL that they have appointed the sherminator lol.

They would of seen AFL player and assigned him without 0 research… if they did research he would not of been appointed and then a mass walk out may not of occurred.

If you recall caluzzi, laguda and campisi already left the club to cs and douttas… pretty sure Pat got them all back through his appointment no? So no surprise they have left again.

Dion had also left awhile back to St Albans at one point.

Therefore I wouldn’t call them puppets, instead of blaming them maybe put your disappointment to the appointment of arguably the worst coach in EDFL that they have appointed the sherminator lol.

They would have seen AFL player and assigned him without 0 research… if they did research he would not of been appointed and then a mass walk out may not of occurred.
Absolute garbage and you know it, Pat as the outgoing president doing all he can to rob the club of any opportunity to retain these players, nothing to do with Sherman, that’s simply made up by you. Pat paying part of these guys wages and sign ons is emaba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute garbage and you know it, Pat as the outgoing president doing all he can to rob the club of any opportunity to retain these players, nothing to do with Sherman, that’s simply made up by you. Pat paying part of these guys wages and sign ons is emaba
Ow yeah! That makes a lot of sense…..Pats paying players sign ons and wages to go to 10 diff clubs? Wasting thousands just for what? To deprive a club he willingly stood down from? You Think the bloke is bill gates lol.

Mate cmon that might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard . Stop putting the blame elsewhere new management need to look inwards and realise that these players all stayed together over the last 5-6 years. People are saying there is a lot of money coming in to the club with the new management therefore players are not leaving due to money…. If that was the case Matty Dennis wouldn’t be staying, I’m sure they are paying him an arm and a leg. He has no loyalty to EK, Pat got him there, he made that very well known in his league bnf speech. If he was taking players elsewhere to spite a club Matty would be the first.

I guarantee you 80% are leaving because of that coach. I heard horrible feedback after the meet and great which sparked the walk out. That’s what I’ve heard

Last edited:
Ow yeah! That makes a lot of sense…..Pats paying players sign ons and wages to go to 10 diff clubs? Wasting thousands just for what? To deprive a club he willingly stood down from? You Think the bloke is bill gates lol.

Mate cmon that might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard . Stop putting the blame elsewhere new management need to look inwards and realise that these players all stayed together over the last 5-6 years. People are saying there is a lot of money coming in to the club with the new management therefore players are not leaving due to money…. If that was the case Matty Dennis wouldn’t be staying, I’m sure they are paying him an arm and a leg.

I guarantee you 80% are leaving because of that coach. I heard horrible feedback after the meet and great which sparked the walk out. That’s what I’ve heard
Look inwards! Now that’s an interesting comment from you

Look inwards! Now that’s an interesting comment from you
Couldn’t give a rats a55 about ek or Pat but when I read absolute rubbish I’ll call it out. Was hands down one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read…You sound like a salty ek supporter that wants to put the blame everywhere else. Bag him as a coach, whatever but can’t deny his work ethic at that place, Pat probably did more for that joint then most mate, don’t think he would want to see it crumble. Makes no sense

Appointing Sherminator was a big mistake. Maybe Sofoulis should of been coach and players wouldn’t of walked. Not just any players… captain and vice captains… just proves my point.

Last edited:
There should be a separate thread celebrating and deliberating Pat’s Legacy at EK.

The foundation of your senior sides should be 1 pointers who have been around the club for years. Both your senior and reserve side should be filled with 1 pointers so they can all be trained in the manor of the gameplan and have a next man up mentality.

Keilor, Strathmore, Pasoce Vale and Aberfeldie have stalwarts in their best 22s who you know will bleed for the club. The egglestones, the Vavras, the Watsons, O’Kearneys and Ellis’ of the league. That’s what Easy Keilor need. Form the skeleton and foundation of your side with 1-2 pointers that have been at your club for a number of years then top up with 2-5 recruits to fill the needs.

They’re very similar to the NFNL’s Bundoora. Good 19s = good senior sides. That’s the formula, i remember mighty mick telling me that at a pub years ago

Couldn’t give a rats a55 about ek or Pat but when I read absolute rubbish I’ll call it out. Was hands down one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read…You sound like a salty ek supporter that wants to put the blame everywhere else. Bag him as a coach, whatever but can’t deny his work ethic at that place, Pat probably did more for that joint then most mate, don’t think he would want to see it crumble. Makes no sense

Appointing Sherminator was a big mistake. Maybe Sofoulis should of been coach and players wouldn’t of walked. Not just any players… captain and vice captains… just proves my point.
Any games on this weekend??????

Thanks Pat

There should be a separate thread celebrating and deliberating Pat’s Legacy at EK.

The foundation of your senior sides should be 1 pointers who have been around the club for years. Both your senior and reserve side should be filled with 1 pointers so they can all be trained in the manor of the gameplan and have a next man up mentality.

Keilor, Strathmore, Pasoce Vale and Aberfeldie have stalwarts in their best 22s who you know will bleed for the club. The egglestones, the Vavras, the Watsons, O’Kearneys and Ellis’ of the league. That’s what Easy Keilor need. Form the skeleton and foundation

They’re very similar to the NFNL’s Bundoora. Good 19s = good senior sides. That’s the formula, i remember mighty mick telling me that at a pub years ago
Bundoora just narrowly avoided relegation, are odds on to drop next year already with their best players already signing elsewhere.After topping up with expensive 6 pointers for years , theyve forfeited twice this year in the twos without winning a game and have sweet fa juniors.
Great formula you say ?!

Last edited:
Bundoora just narrowly avoided relegation, are odds on to drop next year already with their best players already signing elsewhere.After topping up with expensive 6 pointers for years , theyve forfeited twice this year in the twos without winning a game and have sweet fa juniors.
Great formula you say ?!
Agreed, junior system flowing into the seniors is the key, that’s why Abbers Keilor and Strathmore will always top this division. Someone like a DP might do well for a year or two but will
Never be for a long period of time.

A white van, therefore it must belong to Keilor?? Pascoe Vale and Strathmore were also at the ground that day. Obviously only Keilor has a white van, stop with the unfounded crap.
Next time I’ll go and talk to the men, who were wearing the team Keilor supporters gear, if they were from Keilor just to make sure for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back