EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So why don’t they promote their own as they always sprout about how good the program is. They have lost plenty of good kids as they don’t give them opportunities. A recent Calder boy who was in the leadership group had to go to APW for opportunities.

It’s a good thing to have a contact in other states and hope you’re getting a kick back in some way.
Turbo, So why don't they promote there own and you mention one recent player as an example (How many juniors players do they have?)
Earlier in the year I asked you to do some homework on a post you made to support your comments and you neglected to.
How about this time you do some homework on this comment of yours.
Go back over the past 3 Keilor Premierships in 4 years and confirm how many Keilor juniors have played in at least one of these premierships. Then go back over the same period and confirm how many Keilor juniors have played senior premier football during that time. Then we can debate and agree on how well they do or don't promote their own.
Very good at potting Turbo, but not sure potting without facts vs general sweeping statements

Common dominator?? Big Big $$$$$
And the raiding of surrounding best talent at the 14’s’s/16 age bracket with the promises of Jets, being drafted then u need to move..😂 then all those said players never actually get drafted bar a couple here there….but surprise they are 1 pointers come their senior careers come around. Brain washed parents thinking their child is their ticket to success and financially rewarding for the family.

I hear Deer Park offered a certain Collingwood VFL top up player who kicked 8 goals in a Div 3 Northern League GF for Fitzroy Stars a packet. I know this for a fact. $7 K sign on and $40K for year. Kids first name is Patrick.

Again looks like another healthy investment by DP.
Farrant.
Very good player being pursued by clubs in all 3 NFL grades that I know about and am sure others too.
As my club has to play against him, I hope one of them can lure him away!

Also how is it fair for Strathmore to only be allowed to play players qualified in the seconds yet keilor can play anyone they want cause their firsts are playing on the same day. Now before someone brings up that they could play their first players in the seconds again if you play more senior games than seconds you are ineligible. Strathmore never had a chance of winning that game.
Please don’t complain about this if you aren’t willing to complain about Strathmore in the 18s, Amin Naim played 1 under 18 game for the year, turns up for the early game on GF day bags a lazy 5 goals.

Look yourself in the mirror and think if talking crap about a 16 year old online is acceptable. If he didn’t have the surname you wouldn’t say his name - but since you dislike Mick you decide to have a go at his son who has done nothing wrong.

You’re a joke. Tom is a great young man with potential to be a star in the AFL.

I watched both Hoppers and Keilor this year. Hoppers would be a bottom-mid EDFL team. Airport West, Greenvale and even Doutta ahead of them.

Please don’t complain about this if you aren’t willing to complain about Strathmore in the 18s, Amin Naim played 1 under 18 game for the year, turns up for the early game on GF day bags a lazy 5 goals.
Did you read my post?
Both strathmore and Pacco u18/s would have been able to pick their best sides.both teams would have had players coming back from cannons, seniors etc so seems fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must have improved this year. Last year he struggled at Sunbury.
He was just a contributor in the finals.
Would have been lucky to have 2 or 3 possessions on Saturday
A good player, and fairly young still as well but he’s not even in the top 5 at Keilor
Is that a joke
Yeah yeah...but he had a good season and surely if he does its just to top up for an AFL reserves side.
And key talls dont grow on trees

Last edited:
Keilor are a very good team but they have nothing on clubs like Melton when it comes to looking after their own. They play with 20 x 1 pointers. Keilor although they talk up there junior programs they played on 45/46 points. If we are being real and the league had some courage they would be on maybe 40 points with the amount of juniors they have and pillage. It’s the only way to bring these clubs back to the pack.
But I congratulate them on the win.

Turbo
If you have a look at the Keilor team in the GF, they played 17 x 1 pointers.
3 of the remaining 5 GF players absorbed 17 points between them.
Keilor played 39/46 points in the GF.
Pacco 46/46 points in the GF.
Reckon Keilor must be doing something right with home growns.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Turbo
If you have a look at the Keilor team in the GF, they played 17 x 1 pointers.
3 of the remaining 5 GF players absorbed 17 points between them.
Keilor played 39/46 points in the GF.
Pacco 46/46 points in the GF.
Reckon Keilor must be doing something right with home growns.

Not all the one pointers are home grown some have been there a few years hence the point reductions

Not all the one pointers are home grown some have been there a few years hence the point reductions

Fair point. They still must have some kind of culture which keeps the players at the club.
We all know country football pays well overs, so to stay for success and mateship must account for something.

Fair point. They still must have some kind of culture which keeps the players at the club.
We all know country football pays well overs, so to stay for success and mateship must account for something.

I think it’s all got to do with mighty mick players want to play in a team coached by him

Colenso - starts at 3 points. If he had played 5 games of VFL prior to signing with Keilor he would have been a 5. He loses a point for year of service = 2 points.

Edwards - starts at 3 points. 3 clubs in 3 years = 1 point. Crossing over to a rival side = 1 point. Therefore a 5 point player.
Thank you for the explanation. Proves the points system is flawed.

Firstly he didn’t play all games and secondly I reckon you about $1500 a game off mark. Even though he would demand that sort of money anywhere he wanted a year back at his junior club to play with his mates.

I have been sending QLD kids to Keilor for some 12 years and nearly all of them text me over weekend on the result which shows how invested people get with club. I’m sure Strathmore, Pacco, Anvers are similar clubs.

Until the yo yo type clubs get buy in they will continue to spend big dollars on success.
You sound like Mick McGuanes uncle!
If you play more games at vfl level than at your edfl club you should not be allowed to play in finals
Agree 150%

You say that as if this comp isn't one of the reasons the salary/points caps were introduced.
They definitely do a lot right, otherwise they'd be just one of a number of clubs handing out fistfuls of cash.

Where did Keilor's celebrations take place and what was the course of the celebrations?. This is a very important part of football club culture people.
Who was BOG at the celebrations?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back