EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo, check out the EDFL video of the EDS vs Paco game. 3rd qtr about 25 min mark and watch your ruckman line up the young EDS kid at least 20 metres off the ball. Talk from your players girlfriends on Saturday night is this was spoken about before the game to “welcome” the kid to the big league!!! Disgraceful look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Another dumb post ball would have been about five to six meters away Paco player gets him on the shoulder nothing in it .

Turbo, check out the EDFL video of the EDS vs Paco game. 3rd qtr about 25 min mark and watch your ruckman line up the young EDS kid at least 20 metres off the ball. Talk from your players girlfriends on Saturday night is this was spoken about before the game to “welcome” the kid to the big league!!! Disgraceful look.

So it’s from the players girlfriend so that’s a bit different.

Your talking about a very respected coach in Diggers and was it worded that way. I wasn’t in the rooms obviously but I’m sure all coaches go through opposition players pre game but highly unlikely that type of wording was used. I will try and watch the incident and comment further but I hope your not wasting my precious time. 😎😎

Just viewed the incident and wasn’t much in it. The umpire reversed the ball and the Douttas player was awarded a free kick. I can’t believe it was reported and he was sent off I believe. To the credit of the Douttas kid he got straight up. I think it looks worse than it is. Big blokes should be throwing there weight around within reason and anyone who knows the Pacco player will say his a very fair player. Hit him on the shoulder I reckon..

I just PM you an incident from the PV v GV game 2 weeks ago. Hope you don’t run into a certain player from GV. I can’t seem to upload it onto the page for the public.

Last edited:
Just viewed the incident and wasn’t much in it. The umpire reversed the ball and the Douttas player was awarded a free kick. I can’t believe it was reported and he was sent off I believe. To the credit of the Douttas kid he got straight up. I think it looks worse than it is. Big blokes should be throwing there weight around within reason and anyone who knows the Pacco player will say his a very fair player. Hit him on the shoulder I reckon..

I just PM you an incident from the PV v GV game 2 weeks ago. Hope you don’t run into a certain player from GV. I can’t seem to upload it onto the page for the public.
The Caruso one?

Yes that’s the one I found on social media. His very lucky to not get rubbed out. Intentional, off the ball etc. AFL he gets weeks.
depends who you play for as usual .Glenroy player gets 6 weeks for a bump and the Greenvale player gets nothing for a blatant punch. Surprise surprise

doesn't matter he not playing he overseas.

Good win by Marby by all reports.
Of course it matters....people must be held accountable for their actions. I have not seen the so called incident, however there maybe a pattern of behavior that needs addressing. Missing weeks because you are absent is not the same as missing weeks because of suspension.

I know this is irrelevant in some regards but Keilor have been playing at high points for most of the season and again tomorrow are at 47 points. I find this strange considering they have always had strong juniors and big junior numbers. Yes they have been successful in getting some juniors drafted which is great but I’m surprised there playing list doesn’t have more homegrown kids like Abers.
Does it mean they are not promoting or developing there own? Or are they just like the rest and trying to recruit to stay strong and stay successful.

PS; this post is not having a dig at Keilor (as they are undefeated on top and flying) just raising some conversation..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is irrelevant in some regards but Keilor have been playing at high points for most of the season and again tomorrow are at 47 points. I find this strange considering they have always had strong juniors and big junior numbers. Yes they have been successful in getting some juniors drafted which is great but I’m surprised there playing list doesn’t have more homegrown kids like Abers.
Does it mean they are not promoting or developing there own? Or are they just like the rest and trying to recruit to stay strong and stay successful.

PS; this post is not having a dig at Keilor (as they are undefeated on top and flying) just raising some conversation..
it’s just the way circumstances have played out the last 12 months, low point players from last years list that have either moved clubs, retired or yet to play this year due to injury
1 pointers- James, Browne, hards, Manning, hitch, tanner, bell
2 pointer- Martin
Then add players who have missed most the year to date due to injury cavka, okearney, wallin, wunhym all 1 pointers
Gourdis, Xavier, kocovic, radovanovic 1 & 2 pointers that have missed several games to.

Keilor reserves ran free today and they are sitting well on the ladder. Pacco pushed the seniors all day today, it could of been anybody’s to win. Really good close game.
Who was the last player Keilor got drafted?

Keilor reserves ran free today and they are sitting well on the ladder. Pacco pushed the seniors all day today, it could of been anybody’s to win. Really good close game.
Who was the last player Keilor got drafted?
Curtis Taylor to North Melbourne in last years draft. Played in Keilors 2016 premier div flag as a 16 year old

They’ve played heaps of u/19 I believe. Maybe those kids have come from neighbouring clubs.
Isn’t it 50 junior games to be a 1 pointer?

Think you’re right, a few younger players playing but some of them have jumped over in U16’s / U19’s attracting more points.
Walters(3), Bailey(2), Ham(3), Kosmas(4), Ciranna (4) have all played U19’s at Keilor in the last year or 2 but attract higher points

Fair win by Glenroy Saturday.. Both teams had a number of senior players out. You'd have to think Strathmore have let one slip there

Fair win by Glenroy Saturday.. Both teams had a number of senior players out. You'd have to think Strathmore have let one slip there
Hearing Strathmore may have rested a few, with one eye on next week. Went in with a very young team, multiple U19s. There bodies couldn't cope with the bigger bodies of Glenroy. Maybe a sharp lesson for the new inexperienced coach.

Can anyone from Aberfeldie shed any light on potential cash flow problems due to a major sponsor defaulting?

Orbit you were on the money, well done. It’s a very bad situation for Abers and about to turn things upside down at Clifton Park.

Here’s my mail..
Owner of Nelson Alexander fired and been paying the rent for Abers players amongst other things. Been caught out and this will now stop. I don’t think I should disclose why he got sacked on here, other than to say it’s not good.. Wait till the Abers players are told there payments will be affected..

I read the press release on McGuane resigning for another 2 years at Keilor. I’ve always admired Mick as a coach and acknowledge his the best. But to say that he is proud of Keilor success and not paying as much as a lot of other clubs is total BS. Keilor playing budget easily in the top 2-3 clubs in EDFL. He must have forgot he has the best FF in the league and recruited a gun from the Geelong league. Plus add in his salary and they could be the highest paying club in the EDFL.
“Keep it real Mick”

Orbit you were on the money, well done. It’s a very bad situation for Abers and about to turn things upside down at Clifton Park.

Here’s my mail..
Owner of Nelson Alexander fired and been paying the rent for Abers players amongst other things. Been caught out and this will now stop. I don’t think I should disclose why he got sacked on here, other than to say it’s not good.. Wait till the Abers players are told there payments will be affected..
If that’s accurate, were rent payments included in the salary cap Turbo? And are they supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back