EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 9 tips and after this weekend we will have finished one full circuit. What have we learnt? Avo are the real deal and favs for mine, We all under estimated Mighty Mick and the boys from Keilor, Northern Saints are not easy beats and Douttas are in all sorts. Jets v Marby, Jets just starting to get their mojo back and a few teams will be hoping they don't make finals. They will continue their recent form and beat marby by 35. Avondale v Keilor should be a cracking game but can anyone stop the dynamic duo of Rose and Galea. Expect Mighty Mick to sit some numbers behind the ball but Avo to pack too many punches and win by 25. Apw v Pacco is last chance saloon for the Eagles, if they lose this then they cant play finals. Pacco have been ok this year and will probably survive for another year. APW by 8 pts. NS V EDS is the game we have all been waiting for, extra important for EDS after the Saints upset against Abers. I think this will be a shoot out and the Saints love shootouts. Saints by 20. Abers v Mores is a huge game with the winner having the leading spot for the double chance. Abers still not convincing me and I think the Mores big game players like Winter might get them over the line, Mores by 12 and Wints to kick 5. Should be another cracking rd of EDFL footy.

Rd 9 tips and after this weekend we will have finished one full circuit. What have we learnt? Avo are the real deal and favs for mine, We all under estimated Mighty Mick and the boys from Keilor, Northern Saints are not easy beats and Douttas are in all sorts. Jets v Marby, Jets just starting to get their mojo back and a few teams will be hoping they don't make finals. They will continue their recent form and beat marby by 35. Avondale v Keilor should be a cracking game but can anyone stop the dynamic duo of Rose and Galea. Expect Mighty Mick to sit some numbers behind the ball but Avo to pack too many punches and win by 25. Apw v Pacco is last chance saloon for the Eagles, if they lose this then they cant play finals. Pacco have been ok this year and will probably survive for another year. APW by 8 pts. NS V EDS is the game we have all been waiting for, extra important for EDS after the Saints upset against Abers. I think this will be a shoot out and the Saints love shootouts. Saints by 20. Abers v Mores is a huge game with the winner having the leading spot for the double chance. Abers still not convincing me and I think the Mores big game players like Winter might get them over the line, Mores by 12 and Wints to kick 5. Should be another cracking rd of EDFL footy.
ok, my tips

Doutta's to get up by 3pts, and then win another 4 games for the season
Jets by 60+
APW by 49points,
Abers by 7points
Keilor by 22pts

I agree that if Douttas win this week they will finish the year with at least 4 wins as they have Marby, Pacco and Northern all at home on the return fixture, all of which they should win on their big ground. This means that it could be 4 wins to be safe from relegation so Pacco and especially Marby are still not completely out of the woods.

I agree that if Douttas win this week they will finish the year with at least 4 wins as they have Marby, Pacco and Northern all at home on the return fixture, all of which they should win on their big ground. This means that it could be 4 wins to be safe from relegation so Pacco and especially Marby are still not completely out of the woods.

And the same can be said for the boys from Fawkner.

well here is one for the abers people. what happens to kyle reimers re drugs scandal . i don't think essendon were too happy with him the way he slagged off at the EFC on his departure. he lagged them right in. wonder if EFC will fight for his position??if he is not in the EFC legal dealings he might go straight to 2 years off. starting soon.
interesting ???

Essendon will defend their former players for the greater good. Somewhat reluctantly in certain cases, you'd imagine..
Out of curiosity, other than the two at Abers, was anyone in this comp on Essendons list during the period of time in question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see it that way. This game is 50/50. I'd like the Saints to win, but EDS will be putting everything into this game.

Well I guess EDS will be changing there name once 5.00 pm comes around today, yes they will be known as the newbies of divion 1 EDS, amazing how much money spent in compared to 2013, for NO return.

Can anyone inform me as to how many wooden spoons Doutts (Seniors) have receive

Well I guess EDS will be changing there name once 5.00 pm comes around today, yes they will be known as the newbies of divion 1 EDS, amazing how much money spent in compared to 2013, for NO return.

Sorry....two words only to Blue and Yellow.......YOU IDIOT.
Northern Saints were never in the hunt!

Off day for Northern could prove fatal for the hopes of staying up for the 2015 season.

I still believe promoted Clubs should get one grace season.

Douttas winning yesterday is great for the comp because it means all teams have things to play for. Marby now under a small amount of pressure, Pacco look safe but obviously doutta and Saints every game is vital. I still think Marby need to win another 2 games to be safe. At the other end here comes the JETS, a few sides will be very nervous. Abers and Keilor have Greenvale and to a lesser extent The Eagles breathing down their necks. Seeing as 3 to 6 play one another next week there could be massive swings either way. It is possible Abers could be out of the 4 this time next week. Comp is looking great.

Watched Douttas yesterday. Got off to a great start and controlled the game. It will be tough for NS to win at Nipper Jordan oval on final round against Douttas. Abers must be looking at Round 10 very differently now with Doutta playing some good football.

Wonder which club you will be playing at next year, seems to be habit forming for you!! So you know what the budget was last year and have visibility this year - don't think so. EDS have been competitive all year and are likely to win more than they lose in 2nd half of the draw :D

I see you still cannot bring yourself to tipping Avondale Heights. Must have been a huge smack that you got from an Avondale Player in a past life
Jets are flying, remember I tipped them in Round 8 to win the flag.
Avondale - credit where credit's due, they havn't put a foot wrong all year.
Mores with getting their players back are looking ominous.
Abers - can't be written off - what the hell is happening there?

Questions have to start being asked at Abers, Larkins and the other contributors would be wondering what the heck is going on with the half mil they have spent.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back