EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Jets come away from Clifton Park with 3 wins over Aberfeldie.. a good way to bounce back after being given a touch up earlier in the year.
The run in to the finals will be interesting with a handful of sides fighting it out for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Jets come away from Clifton Park with 3 wins over Aberfeldie.. a good way to bounce back after being given a touch up earlier in the year.
The run in to the finals will be interesting with a handful of sides fighting it out for the 3rd and 4th spots.
What's happening at Abers? Too many guns to be losing games after being up by 34pts. They are the danger to lose top 4 to greenvale.

What's happening at Abers? Too many guns to be losing games after being up by 34pts. They are the danger to lose top 4 to greenvale.
Abers well on top for 2 and a half quarters. Game should have been wrapped up by then ( 22 scoring shots to 8 ). But they butchered the ball in front of goals, apart from McNamara who kicked 5. so many easy shots missed. Greenvale had looked very ordinary till then. But like good sides do they hung in, then the pendulum finally swung and they banged on 5 goals in 10 minutes. Greenvale seemed more desparate in the last as Abers continued to miss easy shots.

Hesitate to single out players, but I don't think Jets would be too unhappy now at having missed out on securing and paying for Reimers. Hardly touched the ball. Have seen him 3-4 times this season, and he has been underwhelming each time.

I'm astounded that no teams ever seem to pay Matthew Smith for Greenvale enough respect. He is tall, takes a good mark, is a good kick and is very fast for his size. He gets a lot of the ball and cuts sides up, but no-one ever mans him up. He always seems to be floating around by himself.

Wasn't a great game, but both teams had a fair few good players absent. Will be interesting game next week when Greenvale take on Avondale at Section road.

APW were 12 points in front with 3 minutes to play and lost by 6 points !!!

Disaster.

The difference between them and the other good sides is that they pay overs to 40 year old ex AFL players rather than chase 25 year old players that didn't quite make it at the elite level. Also the ruckman Walsh at APW is just not competitive against the premier ruckman of the league.

Also news that a current AFL umpire will be making his comeback from injury in the Abers vs Greenvale game. Not sure if this was done with the AFL and EDFL choosing game of the round for the return but could lift/lower standard of umpiring for the game.[/QUOT
how high did this guy bounce the ball must have gone 20/25 meters in the air

Was good to see the bounce at Clifton Park he is one of the best bounces in the AFL umpires squad. Suppose you have to be good at something to make it,good to see him at local level and huge for the other officiating umpires being mentored.
Big pressures on a few teams now with the Saints notching their 2nd win on Saturday

Doutta's - Triumph lasted 1 week
Marby - In real relegation trouble now
Pacco - Poor season considering the expectation pre-season
Northern - whatever happens from here earned respect from every club

General feeling is that Doutta's have been stiff all year, losing close ones so exppect them to win a few on the run home
I think Northern are likely to win 2 more
Pacco - Won 3, should win 2 more safe
Marby - Lost 4 players last week not coming back, in huge trouble for mine. Time to recruit G Allison back.

10298607_860563947291210_6058586001494378542_o.jpg

Big pressures on a few teams now with the Saints notching their 2nd win on Saturday

General feeling is that Doutta's have been stiff all year, losing close ones so exppect them to win a few on the run home
Marby - Lost 4 players last week not coming back, in huge trouble for mine. Time to recruit G Allison back.

Very good assessment. It has been a long time when there has been a log jam at the bottom of the ladder. Normally there is a standout side to get relegated - not this year. Every game between the 4 sides are all " 8 point" games, factoring in none of the 4 sides defeat the 6 sides above them. NCS won their first "8 pointer" last week over PV.

Who are the 4 players Marbi have lost?

Very good assessment. It has been a long time when there has been a log jam at the bottom of the ladder. Normally there is a standout side to get relegated - not this year. s

Oak park won 5 games in 2008 and were relegated by percentage... Very unlucky

2009 they smashed B grade with their closest winning margin 6 goals against hadfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good assessment. I agree that Marby are under extreme pressure to hold on.
Just looking at final 8 games.
EDS will win 2-4 games and possibly could beat a team in the four and should be safe.
Northern Saints have won a big game against one of the other bottom teams in Pacco and will snatch another win.
Marby must beat NS this week to set up a possible relegation game against Pacco. If they win that, Pacco with horrible percentage could go down as if a few teams finish on 3 or 4 wins, Pacco will more than likely not be able to get their percentage off worst in division.
Marby must not only win 2 more but must beat NS and Pacco to stop them winning winnable games.

Not sure where you see Pacco winning 2 more and being safe!

Northern Saints V Marby and Eds V Pacco in two weeks time will be interesting, granted its still early in the back half of the year however a loss in either game could be crucial in terms of staying up.

ok , tips for this week

Jets to inflict AH 1st defeat by 18pts
Keilor by 40 over NS
APW by 55 over Marby Park
Abers by 60 over DS
Smore by 45over Pacco

Been quiet on here, Anyone else's thoughts?

Can someone from Abers, we know there are plenty out there on this forum give us an explanation on what the hell is going on at Clifton Park?

ok , tips for this week

Keilor by 40 over NS
Abers by 60 over DS
Smore by 45over Pacco

Can someone from Abers, we know there are plenty out there on this forum give us an explanation on what the hell is going on at Clifton Park?
Have you checked the weather forecast BANGER?
Can't see the 7-10 goal margins happening.
Scrappy in close tough games...NS to get over the line.

ok , tips for this week

I think the difference between abers this year from last year is the reliance on VFL listed players. That reliance has fallen onto the core abers group this year who have probably reliased it takes more than talent to win games.
On top of that I reckon the depth down at Clifton Park has been tested with Johns, Daniher, Oswald, Cravins, Moylan, Sharp all having injuries.
This part of the season is definitely the grind!!
The weekends weather should separate the men from boys :p

ok , tips for this week

Keilor by 40 over NS
Abers by 60 over DS
Smore by 45over Pacco

Abers by 60pts v EDS? Geeeeeez recent formline would suggest a closer game than that.

Just wondering whether Abers think that going in quite top heavy may contribute to some of their fade outs?
Having a look at the team sheet from the weekend, 7 talls is a lot.

Hi All, I'm just a new comer so I am not overly sure of the way things work on Bigfooty. I have a question in which I would like to pose so not sure whether a new thread needs to be made or not, or whether I just ask it here. So forgive me.
The question relates to the potential introduction of a points system. I am not sure if and or when this will happen, but if it did happen, how do you think it will affect clubs, especially those at either end of the ladders? I think it will be a good thing mind you, but, will it even up the comps? Will it make clubs like Pascoe Vale, NCS, and the Glenroy, West Coburg's etc of the world have a chance to compete with those clubs who are seemingly well funded?

Hi All, I'm just a new comer so I am not overly sure of the way things work on Bigfooty. I have a question in which I would like to pose so not sure whether a new thread needs to be made or not, or whether I just ask it here. So forgive me.
The question relates to the potential introduction of a points system. I am not sure if and or when this will happen, but if it did happen, how do you think it will affect clubs, especially those at either end of the ladders? I think it will be a good thing mind you, but, will it even up the comps? Will it make clubs like Pascoe Vale, NCS, and the Glenroy, West Coburg's etc of the world have a chance to compete with those clubs who are seemingly well funded?
You need to start a new Thread, not clogging up this one with that Old Chestnut!

Yeah I have, the better teams take over in bad conditions,

You can't see 7-10 goal margins, so what? who made you the authority over margins in tough conditions?
Just throwing something out there...BANGER!
Maybe responses like this from brave people sitting behind a keyboard are the reason I don't post much on this site.
Even with ordinary weather ahead...BANGER, cheer up and enjoy the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back