EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Counting your chickens Volt? Very very early call and we all know what happens on bigfooty with an early crow.......gotta love a November call.....sure your not from Abers?
Agree just a little premature, have recruited well so would think they will be a lot stronger team than last couple of years

Agree just a little premature, have recruited well so would think they will be a lot stronger team than last couple of years
If all recruits are on, Stars will be a big improver. They were in bottom couple of teams and less than competitive most weeks in 2013 so had to do something. Premierships 100volt1? You've got to be kidding!

I can confirm western bulldogs' Dale Morris will assist Essendon Doutta Stars on tuesdays and thurdays for the season. For now its mondays and wednesdsys. We've got a premiership side at the stars.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What makes you think you have a premiership side? You were the 2nd worst team in premier division last year. You picked up 6 players but lost your best 2. In my opinion I think the stars will be struggling again next season. Yes they got 4 good players from Sunbury but how good would Sunbury by in the EDFL. Would they make finals or would they be a middle of the road side. Because 4 players from Sunbury doesn't mean you'll be a premiership contender. Cause I believe the Ballarat league is no where near as strong as premier division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm western bulldogs' Dale Morris will assist Essendon Doutta Stars on tuesdays and thurdays for the season. For now its mondays and wednesdsys. We've got a premiership side at the stars.

Hey 9 volt, very optimistic post, but good luck.

My question is who drops out of the top 4 from last year for say Strathmore, EDS etc to get in?

Would have thought at the very lest Abers and Greenvale will be playing finals again with Airport West and Avondale improving on last years lists so I am not expecting them to drop off too much.

Strathmore will be doing all it can to make finals again and if the rumoured signings they have are true makes me think they will be extremely close and will force one of the top 4 sides out.

EDS have to come back from a long way behind so for them to make finals would be are great effort and everything would have to go right.

At this stage there hasn't been much positive talk regarding Marby and Keilor but they can not be counted out and can beat any team on their day.

For me Pacco and NCS are they only teams that are not going to bother the scorers to much.

Dean Smith should have nominated for the Rookie Draft, because he absolutely destroyed him on Grand final day....Obrien was lucky the recruiters weren't watching the Granny otherwise he might not have got picked

100 Volts are useless unless as AMPS are are involved and I think EDS are missing the AMPS!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think you have a premiership side? You were the 2nd worst team in premier division last year. You picked up 6 players but lost your best 2. In my opinion I think the stars will be struggling again next season. Yes they got 4 good players from Sunbury but how good would Sunbury by in the EDFL. Would they make finals or would they be a middle of the road side. Because 4 players from Sunbury doesn't mean you'll be a premiership contender. Cause I believe the Ballarat league is no where near as strong as premier division.

The top few teams would be competitive but it drops away quickly from there.

Dean Smith should have nominated for the Rookie Draft, because he absolutely destroyed him on Grand final day....Obrien was lucky the recruiters weren't watching the Granny otherwise he might not have got picked
I had the same thought when I saw O'Brien was selected as well. Very surprising..

Youve left out Roundsy, a rediculously fit player. How he coukdnt get many games for the pies is beyond me. On paper EDS has a premiership team (I believe) but a pass mark for the season would be finals, anything else is a bonus and can be taken as a positive for the following season.

The boys seem very excited about the season as do the board. but its one week at a time

Haven't they change the jumper to Navy Blue as well.

Yes.

thumb-Saints_flag.jpg

Youve left out Roundsy, a rediculously fit player. How he coukdnt get many games for the pies is beyond me. On paper EDS has a premiership team (I believe) but a pass mark for the season would be finals, anything else is a bonus and can be taken as a positive for the following season.

The boys seem very excited about the season as do the board. but its one week at a time

Good to see some positives coming out of the club, rather than talk of another long year.

Throw in some gun young 17 year olds and the futures looking much better.

No doubt Douttas will improve however who will the additional 6/7 wins in 2014 come against?

You had the second worst defence last year and won games against OP x 2, PV, Mores & Heights so I say again where will the other wins come from even if you bank 2 wins against NS and an extra against PV you'll still need to find 6 more?

You've recruited some talent however they're mostly offensive types and you conceded an average 15 goals from the opposition last year so if you can improve that great otherwise you won't win many games conceding 15 goals each week.

Your U18's will be a great side next year however what will the policy be on releasing some of the young talent to play senior footy as that's where you may find a yard?

Finally, you'd want to hope for a good draw because if you don't bank wins early you'll find it hard to jump 4 positions on the ladder!

I had the same thought when I saw O'Brien was selected as well. Very surprising..

Bluejet, it would be to do with his performances at VFL level where he was BOG a fair few times for Essendon. It's a good result going to Brisbane as he may get a chance.

In regard to EDS, i think they are well ahead of Keilor and Marby at this stage now so I think they will finish 6th. Happy to be proven wrong. Strathmore will come into the four and Avondale will potentially drop out but still very early days.

Bluejet, it would be to do with his performances at VFL level where he was BOG a fair few times for Essendon. It's a good result going to Brisbane as he may get a chance.

In regard to EDS, i think they are well ahead of Keilor and Marby at this stage now so I think they will finish 6th. Happy to be proven wrong. Strathmore will come into the four and Avondale will potentially drop out but still very early days.
Going to be interesting for the two teams that may make final 4 (assuming Greenvale and Abers will not finish 5 or lower) Strathmore Avondale and Airport West will probably fight it our. Marby and Keilor in next group. Pacco and NS in bottom group. EDS will be somewhere between middle and bottom group. Any news on posts here and WRFL on Kenny Etc from Airport West? Strathmore and Avondale recruited well. Airport west must keep playing group together and build to stay in the hunt.

I wasn't aware of that, cheers. In that case, good luck to the bloke. :thumbsu:
The exodus of younger guys up there will certainly help his chances of earning a spot.

Imo, barring a few unexpected departures Abers/Gvale will be 1 & 2. Strathmore and Avondale are looking to be the next strongest sides.
EDS would still be a fair way off these clubs you'd imagine, I agree with much of what Puff said.

Will EDS be better then last year?.... YES
Will EDS win the flag?.... NO where near it.
Will EDS make the 4? Well i would hope top 6 with perhaps a chance to sneak into the 4 if all goes well which we know isnt always the case.
Will GV,Abers,SM be good?.... I would think so, then we have APW,AH coming of very good seasons so yeah could be a really even year for top 6-8, Keilor/Marby well im not sure how they are going at the minute but they will win a few games for sure.

Do Proph and Puff make some valid points re: EDS..... Very much so.

Am i from EDS?.... YES and im happy with the way things are going for sure but a long long way off being able to consistently compete/beat top few teams but on the way up for sure, not hard i guess if your near the bottom eh lol but all good i would think :)

Will i get drunk tonight?....Absolutely :D

Enough from me im beginning to waffle on now :)
THE DREBSTER

Will EDS be better then last year?.... YES
Will EDS win the flag?.... NO where near it.
Will EDS make the 4? Well i would hope top 6 with perhaps a chance to sneak into the 4 if all goes well which we know isnt always the case.
Will GV,Abers,SM be good?.... I would think so, then we have APW,AH coming of very good seasons so yeah could be a really even year for top 6-8, Keilor/Marby well im not sure how they are going at the minute but they will win a few games for sure.

Do Proph and Puff make some valid points re: EDS..... Very much so.

Am i from EDS?.... YES and im happy with the way things are going for sure but a long long way off being able to consistently compete/beat top few teams but on the way up for sure, not hard i guess if your near the bottom eh lol but all good i would think :)

Will i get drunk tonight?....Absolutely :D

Enough from me im beginning to waffle on now :)
THE DREBSTER
Not sure how many new recruits you guys have signed but after last year from what I saw you would need at least 10 pretty good players to compete with other top clubs.
Maybe you should wait until the season starts before making all these comments anyway its about time something happened at Douttas!!!!

Not sure how many new recruits you guys have signed but after last year from what I saw you would need at least 10 pretty good players to compete with other top clubs.
Maybe you should wait until the season starts before making all these comments anyway its about time something happened at Douttas!!!!
Agree good for the comp if eds are competitive. How are Marbi looking Mick? Philpott a big loss or not? Now the Keilor AGM is done and dusted, any news on signings to offset their many departures?

Agree good for the comp if eds are competitive. How are Marbi looking Mick? Philpott a big loss or not? Now the Keilor AGM is done and dusted, any news on signings to offset their many departures?

Philpott is a big loss mate.
We are talking to some ruckmen at present hopefullywill sign up 2.
Yes we are currently trying to secure some exciting players.

With Keilor not much coming out from there, but Knowing Mick he would certainly be hunting for players to replace some of what they have lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back