EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an old post but hopefully wrong. Can anyone confirm if this is wrong?

REPLY OF POST 121 PAGE-5
Were did you hear this from? This site at times pedals crapp based on stirring the pot rather that usefull comment for discussion. Please in future at least look into your claim before you post as it is 100% rubbish as all the players mentioned signed up ages ago. And as previosly stated the money has not run out AW made a prfoit last year and are 100% stable and commited to a big 2014. Seems "dont spoil a good story with facts" is alive and well.

REPLY OF POST 121 PAGE-5
Were did you hear this from? This site at times pedals crapp based on stirring the pot rather that usefull comment for discussion. Please in future at least look into your claim before you post as it is 100% rubbish as all the players mentioned signed up ages ago. And as previosly stated the money has not run out AW made a prfoit last year and are 100% stable and commited to a big 2014. Seems "dont spoil a good story with facts" is alive and well.

I dont think i've ever heard the saying "dont spoil a good story with facts". Maybe "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good stoy??"

APWFC have recruited very heavily with signings from all over the place....AFL, WAFL, Ammo's and the like. With all these players coming in, it seems as though they have lost the local flavour to there team. Local football well and truely out the window in this circumstance. I'm sure that with the players that helped to the B Grade flag in 2012 and cattle from 2013, they could be competitive. I agree, player turnover is important and recruiting players is inevitable, but with the amount of players brought in is rediculous. Starving good players (both young and old) the opportunity to play senior football and ENJOY it.

Bang.

I dont think i've ever heard the saying "dont spoil a good story with facts". Maybe "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good stoy??"

APWFC have recruited very heavily with signings from all over the place....AFL, WAFL, Ammo's and the like. With all these players coming in, it seems as though they have lost the local flavour to there team. Local football well and truely out the window in this circumstance. I'm sure that with the players that helped to the B Grade flag in 2012 and cattle from 2013, they could be competitive. I agree, player turnover is important and recruiting players is inevitable, but with the amount of players brought in is rediculous. Starving good players (both young and old) the opportunity to play senior football and ENJOY it.

Bang.
Able to name anyone that they've recruited?

Bang.
That is the difference between Premier Division and Division 1. Premier division clubs have to change the face of playing group with outside recruitment if they want to be a Premier Division Club. In most cases you end up with 65%-80% of players from outside of the club (Greenvale a bit better on this). That's why some clubs don't mind staying in Div 1 , play finals and enjoy their football from local boys. Glenroy are a prime example of this.

Able to name anyone that they've recruited?

Houlihan Brothers x 2, White (WAFL, Ex Nth Melbourne) to name a few.

As I said gents, I understand that there will inevitably be player turnover but the amount that is going on down there is crazy. Multiple players (Both current senior players and fringe players) leaving the club for senior opportunity somewhere else. Players leaving to play at a lesser standard for either $$$, more senior opportunity or both. A few questions surely need to be asked?

That is the difference between Premier Division and Division 1. Premier division clubs have to change the face of playing group with outside recruitment if they want to be a Premier Division Club. In most cases you end up with 65%-80% of players from outside of the club (Greenvale a bit better on this). That's why some clubs don't mind staying in Div 1 , play finals and enjoy their football from local boys. Glenroy are a prime example of this.

Wouldn't go as far to say club enjoy staying in the lower divisions... The big difference between premier and div 1 is money and ability to attract talent to be able to survive in premier... Marby being a good example of this in recent times

Glenroy seem to enjoy being the big fish in the little pond, they buy players the same as most clubs, it's just a few of their players were simply scared to play against better sides so buggered off elsewhere for a year.
You're right though, part of why Greenvale is so good (aside from the $$ ) is due to having depth in quality locals. Which means they can channel their recruiting into positions of need rather of having to recruit a whole side to be competitive.

Glenroy seem to enjoy being the big fish in the little pond, they buy players the same as most clubs, it's just a few of their players were simply scared to play against better sides so buggered off elsewhere for a year.
You're right though, part of why Greenvale is so good (aside from the $$ ) is due to having depth in quality locals. Which means they can channel their recruiting into positions of need rather of having to recruit a whole side to be competitive.

Just hope the young juniors coming through are as good as the older ones. Rohan, Lenne, smith, burns x 2 can't play for ever. Plus there loyal imports like Kuret, smith, potter, jorgo are nearing the end of there careers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hope the young juniors coming through are as good as the older ones. Rohan, Lenne, smith, burns x 2 can't play for ever. Plus there loyal imports like Kuret, smith, potter, jorgo are nearing the end of there careers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're some big shoes to fill of course but over the past 10 years they've generally been able to transition younger guys into the side to replace big name departures, there's no reason to think that this can't continue. The sheer weight of juniors coming through the club should provide enough quality to keep Greenvale there abouts for a fair while yet & judging by how often some of their VFL listed former juniors are at games, it wouldn't surprise anyone to see most of them return "home" over the next few years as well.
Much like Strathmore, they're a well run club who will have the occasional drop off but it's hard to see them falling away entirely.

Not sure how many new recruits you guys have signed but after last year from what I saw you would need at least 10 pretty good players to compete with other top clubs.
Maybe you should wait until the season starts before making all these comments anyway its about time something happened at Douttas!!!!

Good point re: 10 players,much like Marby i guess as when we played at our ground it was an ordinary affair and both teams were/are a long way off. I want to get in a position first to consistently compete with teams from 4-7 and beat the bottom 3 twice, if we aren't in it lol

Regarding waiting until the season starts before making comments, not much different in making them now i would think as not much to go on when season starts, well praccy matches i guess, im happy to make comments now as its a forum where we discuss stuff like that! And to say i want to move up the ladder 2 spots from last year isnt too unrealistic i would think.

And yes a bout time things started to happen at EDS, however as you pointed out season hasnt started so will have to wait and see. And if im wrong regarding my previous post life will go on im sure.

THE DREBSTER

They're some big shoes to fill of course but over the past 10 years they've generally been able to transition younger guys into the side to replace big name departures, there's no reason to think that this can't continue. The sheer weight of juniors coming through the club should provide enough quality to keep Greenvale there abouts for a fair while yet & judging by how often some of their VFL listed former juniors are at games, it wouldn't surprise anyone to see most of them return "home" over the next few years as well.
Much like Strathmore, they're a well run club who will have the occasional drop off but it's hard to see them falling away entirely.
I hear that four greenvale premiership players were interviewed by castlemaine and all look like signing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houlihan Brothers x 2, White (WAFL, Ex Nth Melbourne) to name a few.

As I said gents, I understand that there will inevitably be player turnover but the amount that is going on down there is crazy. Multiple players (Both current senior players and fringe players) leaving the club for senior opportunity somewhere else. Players leaving to play at a lesser standard for either $$$, more senior opportunity or both. A few questions surely need to be asked?

As usual the amount of NEW 2014 AW players has been grosley over stated. All clubs have player losses ($ Departures, Work commitments, Retirements & Player general movement) from season to season and lists need to be ammended to suit the type of player losses and game plans set by coaches. AW i have been told have topped up approx 6 players and lossed 3 so thats a gain of 3 not a mass arrival. AW were competive in 2013 and clearly not up with Abers Or Greenvale standard.
The situation you mentioned as home growns are not getting a game is a factor in playing in Prem Div as the bar has been raised many years ago to have a team on the park that is greater than the juniors that each club can produce. We would all love to see all homegrowns in all sides however this is not possible with the standard of the compitition as it currentty stands hence the buy in of outside players. Remember that clubs are only buying outside players to remain competitive in respestive grades. Clubs as bottom dwellers do not attract the junior players at grass root level (Auskick & U10s) as todays attitude of kids & parents only want to accociate with sussuesful clubs and will drive past 1 club to go on a waiting list with another so there is a reason to import players other than WINNING P/SHIPS.
Simply the EDFL rules of NO RESTRICTION regarding budgets or DRAFT or Zonning of juniors so iti s a open system dictates the the FREE AGENT policy and until this changes then the above will be case.
(FYI The EDFL is not the only unrestrected league in Victoria so dont think I am having a shot at them)

What about an early prediction for the top 4 and bottom for season 2014.
Will be interesting to look back at next season.

He is mine for what its worth.
1. Avondale Heights.
2. Greenvale.
3. Aberfeldie.
4. Maribyrnong Park.

Bottom. Pascoe Vale.

What about an early prediction for the top 4 and bottom for season 2014.
Will be interesting to look back at next season.

He is mine for what its worth.
1. Avondale Heights.
2. Greenvale.
3. Aberfeldie.
4. Maribyrnong Park.

Bottom. Pascoe Vale.

1. Greenvale
2. Aberfeldie
3. Avondale Heights
4. Airport West
(Same as 2013)
Bottom Toss of a coin Northern Saints or Pascoe Vale?
Most improved Douta Stars

1. Greenvale
2. Aberfeldie
3. Avondale Heights
4. Airport West
(Same as 2013)
Bottom Toss of a coin Northern Saints or Pascoe Vale?
Most improved Douta Stars
1. Greenvale
2. Airport West
3. Aberfeldie
4. Avondale Heights

Bottom Northern Saints
Most improved Doutta Stars but will finish 7th at best as they will close the gap rather than overtake top 4, Strathmore, and Keilor

Does anyone know where you can get a copy of the grand final? Would have thought there would be something on the league website but I couldn't see anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back