EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

[/quote="Sports_Support, post: 31399732, member: 107934"]Word coming from the sports support camp is that a social solution is planned for launch this Australia Day - Notice to the keyboard warriors, prepare to back up your bullshit...!

More to be revealed in the coming days...![/quote]
So that means this forum will be non existent....ah well it's been fun.
Anywho interesting that the Edfl has appointed a former fairfax journalist to be their Media Manager after M.Pell has stepped down. The league seem to be moving forward to be becoming a professionally ran competition

A lot of rumours circulating on Campbell Browns pending decision, anyone have any insight as to where he might line up? Strong talk Abers could be an option, however Heidleberg and Yarrawonga seem to be gaining momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of rumours circulating on Campbell Browns pending decision, anyone have any insight as to where he might line up? Strong talk Abers could be an option, however Heidleberg and Yarrawonga seem to be gaining momentum.

Any truth from Abers faithful they have signed afl ruckman from down princess highway who's surname ryhmes with snake?

I don't think so, fairly committed to his triple m commitments and he's got a pretty good deal from all reports at his gv club but their was talk Newtown in Geelong was his point of preference if a move was to occur. Have heard the offers tabled though and it is very nice indeed.

I don't think so, fairly committed to his triple m commitments and he's got a pretty good deal from all reports at his gv club but their was talk Newtown in Geelong was his point of preference if a move was to occur. Have heard the offers tabled though and it is very nice indeed.

Must correct myself seems as though theirs been a back flip in commitments and he's now a 2blue. Quite the sign on fee and match payment. This GV medalist is a huge get to for Abers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you think there would be other players from B and C grade in the squad, apart from Oak Park Tom German? I also understand the EDFL wants the best possible team.
I'm guessing they've picked the side upon who will give them the best chance of winning. The Northern league have named a similarly strong group.

Not a fan of naming guys who have not played in the league before. As the game is prior to rd 1 some guys may play rep footy before they even represent their club. It is all done on reputation, half the clowns selected on the match committee have probably never even see a game of EDFL footy. Anyway hopefully the league perfoms well. The Northern league have tried to pick guys from all divisions, not sure if this will give them the best team but who knows. And another thing some of the guys selected in the squad don't even have a clearance to the EDFL so how did the selection team know they were available???

Not a fan of naming guys who have not played in the league before. As the game is prior to rd 1 some guys may play rep footy before they even represent their club. It is all done on reputation, half the clowns selected on the match committee have probably never even see a game of EDFL footy. Anyway hopefully the league perfoms well. The Northern league have tried to pick guys from all divisions, not sure if this will give them the best team but who knows. And another thing some of the guys selected in the squad don't even have a clearance to the EDFL so how did the selection team know they were available???

I thought all players had to play in the competition the previous year to be eligible for selection - at least that what the VAFA and EFL are saying....

I thought all players had to play in the competition the previous year to be eligible for selection - at least that what the VAFA and EFL are saying....
I suppose as long as all the leagues are consistent in the selection process. You can guarantee though the edfl will be processing clearances promptly for any player that gets selected.

How does picking an squad now help when new talent is entering the competition who are walk up contenders? Surely the likes of Mark Blake, Simon Clarke, etc are well and truly worthy of this squad?

How does picking an squad now help when new talent is entering the competition who are walk up contenders? Surely the likes of Mark Blake, Simon Clarke, etc are well and truly worthy of this squad?

Blake would be comparable to Browne and Clarke would be behind Potter, Johns & Wight for the tall utility role you'd imagine.

The squad looks fine to me, I cant think of any glaring omissions. Who from B or C grade could genuinely stake a claim and who would they replace? I'm sure there would be a few players that would be as good as some picked but I'm struggling to think of anyone who would be better??

The squad looks fine to me, I cant think of any glaring omissions. Who from B or C grade could genuinely stake a claim and who would they replace? I'm sure there would be a few players that would be as good as some picked but I'm struggling to think of anyone who would be better??
I think you are pretty much spot on. In reality there is no one in "Div 1" who would get a game when that list is whittled down to 22. It is a very strong list that will make a very strong team if everyone is on board. There are some seriously good players who are going to miss out and no one in Div 1 can comfortably say they are better than any of them.

All 6 leagues across the board have the option of picking new players to that league in 2014. WRFL, NFL, SFL, VAFA & EFL will all be doing it. If all leagues are ok with that then it should bring some serious talent in. No doubt AFL scouts will be all over this type of event and see if they can pluck the next Isaac Smith etc

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back