EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Abers smashed APW today by about 13 goals. Lance Oswald is an absolute gun. Sets up a big match next week when Keilor host Abers.

What's going on down at Section road? I know Greenvale have been hard hit by injury, but 1 win from 5 matches. There are still heaps of good players taking the field for them. That's by far their worst position since coming into the top division in 2003.
He is an
Abers smashed APW today by about 13 goals. Lance Oswald is an absolute gun. Sets up a big match next week when Keilor host Abers.

What's going on down at Section road? I know Greenvale have been hard hit by injury, but 1 win from 5 matches. There are still heaps of good players taking the field for them. That's by far their worst position since coming into the top division in 2003.
He is a star of the edfl by far went down an watched abers they are the real deal they smashed them all over the park... Abers back line are very good keeping them to 8 goals an about 3 inside 50 marks
Houli did very well on Kenny he his a guy an toy played very well an a new kid on the block Thomson played very well in the back line

A long time to wait,don't play the saints till rd 9. Surely the committee goes as well if they do sack him.

Jeez you're a great Douttas supporter!! Not only do u not support a well respected person like Barham but u call for the heads of the only people trying to help the club

Stain!

Jeez you're a great Douttas supporter!! Not only do u not support a well respected person like Barham but u call for the heads of the only people trying to help the club

Stain!
Hmmm results hey?
Does the Douttas coach keep his job untill the end of the season? What happens if the determined Saints roll them? Hmmm interesting
Sorry I didn't once call for his head I was responding to the quote. All I said was that if they get rid of the coach then the committee should go as we'll. I can't understand why clubs sack the coach when they have made the decision to appoint/reappoint a coach. i dont think clubs put it too a member vote so resbonsibilty lies with the committee that the club has voted in.
But hey you know all about sacking coaches and look where that took your club. Also if we are talking stains just look in the mirror goon

Last edited:

BnQZhYZCYAAu89G.jpg

Going by the scorelines Northern's defense needs some work, I think if they can pull a game or two they might get on a self belief roll and could stay up.

It's been a disappointing start. There are no excuses as all sides face injuries at one point or another, they've just got to fight to turn their season around now. Credit to Strathmore though, they're always a good side.

Going by the scorelines Northern's defense needs some work, I think if they can pull a game or two they might get on a self belief roll and could stay up.

I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but to actually stay close to some of these sides with essentially the same side as last year is a pretty good effort.

I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but to actually stay close to some of these sides with essentially the same side as last year is a pretty good effort.

Yeah they are kicking some decent scores but the defense is leaking like a skive.

Just keep the fingers crossed they can stay away from the relegation zone.

Just looking from the outside barham has to go. I know a few guys at douttas and they reckon know one even listens to his verbal crap that comes out during training .
How is it that 29 days ago, Barham was seen as the coach to lead EDS into 2014 with an improved player list with new recruits and possibly playing finals for the first time in years? How can you say he has to go when 29 days ago, the committee saw Marcus as the man for the present and future. As an outsider, your opinion saying he has to go is just that......and opinion of an outsider. If there were problems between coach and players, it should have been seen before this season started. Removing Marcus would be a mistake. Essendon Doutta Stars are a proud club and have only dropped down to the second tier division (B Grade back then) once in their long history. They find themselves in a position of clearly being a bottom 3 club in Premier Division and possibly facing relegation in an era when it's a long way back to Premier Division. This week they face Northern Saints away. Good luck Douttas!!

Just looking from the outside barham has to go. I know a few guys at douttas and they reckon know one even listens to his verbal crap that comes out during training .
I would say the few guys you know should go.Do tell have they been playing well?Have they got courage,passion committment and ability?Far too many players getting around these days who are weak in character and allways looking for excuses.I say man up support coach and dont blame others

This post would come from a guy, that has at least 8 clubs to his credit in the last 10 years, including half a year at EDS.
There is no argument, that some of the Douttas recruits this year have struggled.
Last week against Keilor, they were within a kick, of winning, and the players intensity, all game was a marked improvement, and could well have won the game.
Barham is trying his guts out, along with most of the team, to turn things around. Douttas had an ordinary day yesterday ....granted, but they lost 6 players from the team that played Keilor. Take 6 players out of any team, and it makes things b hard. Make no mistake, most of the Douttas players want to win, the coach wants the team and the club would dearly love to start winning. Cheap shots from you, do not make it any easier, especially when they come from a person like you, with your background.
I know which guy, I would prefer to be in the trenches with!!
On a more positive note, full credit to the two young field umpires yesterday, as the game was hard to umpire, due to the wet conditions. It was also pleasing to see the league giving the female ump a go....I believe she has great potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting Northern should be favorites for this one?
Northern actually play EDS in Round 9. Unlikely that either team will win a game over the next 3 weeks before meeting each other. Saw NS against Greenvale and from what I saw, with a bit of luck they could win 2 or 3 games for the season. It then may get down to percentage on who stays up in Premier Division. I'll let you know who I think will start favourites in 3 weeks but if it was next Saturday I would say NS

Northern actually play EDS in Round 9. Unlikely that either team will win a game over the next 3 weeks before meeting each other. Saw NS against Greenvale and from what I saw, with a bit of luck they could win 2 or 3 games for the season. It then may get down to percentage on who stays up in Premier Division. I'll let you know who I think will start favourites in 3 weeks but if it was next Saturday I would say NS
I saw Northern Saints against Keilor, apart from the first 20mins of the game they were really with Keilor, i reckon they will notch up a couple of wins this season and with a bit of luck stay in Premier division.

Quarter of the way into the season and the ladder is
Keilor
AvH
Abers
Strathmore

Early days but I think this will be the top four come seasons end.
The only change would be swapping the top two around. AvH minor premier.
Anyone's thoughts and predictions appreciated.

Quarter of the way into the season and the ladder is
Keilor
AvH
Abers
Strathmore

Early days but I think this will be the top four come seasons end.
The only change would be swapping the top two around. AvH minor premier.
Anyone's thoughts and predictions appreciated.
Keilor finishing 2nd is a big call. Wait to see how they go against Avondale, Abers and Greenvale over the next 4 weeks

massive game this week keilor v abers

Massive??, Keilor aren't even worthy of being in the same league as Aberfeldie, Greenvale or Avendale Heights, played no quality sides yet.

The only thing massive happening in Keilor this week will be the book running on if Mick can wash the four'n twenty pie stains out of the famous trackies.

Massive??, Keilor aren't even worthy of being in the same league as Aberfeldie, Greenvale or Avendale Heights, played no quality sides yet.

The only thing massive happening in Keilor this week will be the book running on if Mick can wash the four'n twenty pie stains out of the famous trackies.
Totally agree - Keilor has a big month ahead to prove they are a creditable chance to play finals footy. But at 5-0 I know where i'd rather be.

I actually think Keilor have been really smart during the off season by down playing their chances of playing finals this year. Massive test this week for them to take a big scalp in Abers and truly assert themselves as a top 3 side

Fair enough, as I said it's up to the player in the end.

May be, we don't know. I will take a punt here and say that A grade Seniors is ones, and if you play A grade Reserves that is a lower level than that.

Mate you cannot be serious>the guns in Div 1 & 2 need a secretary with the amount of calls and offers

Poor example mate. Seems as though there is alot of unrest at Paco and something obviously happened to make Leech & Williams put in for clearances mid season coinciding with a Coach departing.Would be good to know the full story on it. But anyway my guess is Paco will want something from whichever clubs these players decide to play for and wont release until happy.$

Just checked;
Pascoe Vale Greenvale Leech, Sam Denied 2014-04-29 2014-05-05
Pascoe Vale Greenvale Williams, Jason Denied 2014-04-29 2014-05-05

Pascoe Vale Riddell District Football League (RDFL) Williams, Jason Pending
2014-05-07

Hope they get cleared so they can play some footy

I see now on the EDFL website that Sam Leech now wants to play at Strathmore, pending clearance. Will it be denied?

Another massive round in EDFL Premier division Stars v Jets, massive game for both clubs been a while since the Stars beat the Jets and they are obviously struggling. Jets to be too strong and start the climb back up the ladder. Pacco v Marby should be a cracking game with both teams probably ahead of where I thought they would be Lee been in good form for Marby and they will just win. Keilor v Abers, what a start to the season for Keilor they are flying and Mighty Mick will have them up and about for this one. Abers obviously have the talent but I don't think they have altogether clicked yet. Keilor in an upset. Mores V Heights should be an absolute cracker this will tell us just how much the Mores have improved, two very potent fwd lines and I am tipping the Mores to show everyone that they are the real deal and win in a close one. Last match is Saints v AW, Saints will give themselves a sneaky chance in this one as the Eagles are only going on about 2 cylinders atm. Surely the Eagles have to win this to stay in touch with the top 4 and they will by 5 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back