EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw the 1st half, even up till the 10min mark of the 2nd qtr then Avondale blew Pacco away. With the supply into the forward line surprised Galea ended up with only 7. Seeing both now I'd take Kenny from APW over him. Must say Avondale's onballers were impressive with their pressure, but Pacco are middle of the road at best. If AH can produce that against the Abers/Greenvales come finals then they will be hard to beat.
Saw most of the 2nd half at Strathmore, wow, NS very impressive, the More's will be pushin late in finals series also.
We're nearly half way through, Abers will win the flag with Greenvale runners up, you heard it here first

Galea was off at 3/4 time so not a bad effort to kick 7which is a third of the team score. Don't forget that he also has a useful player next to him also kicking bags of goals as well as the impressive onballers you speak about. So are you basing your opinion on Galea's game as being surprised he only kicked 7 on reading stats seeing that you left the ground when Avondale started embarrassing Pacco? My Avondale mate tells me that without Galea they would have lost to Marby, Eagles and Strathmore more than likely. He didn't play against Greenvale and is 4 goals off leading goal kicker in EDFL Premier division. Did you get smacked by an Avondale player in a previous life? I would own up to having a grudge rather than being a poor judge of football.

Galea was off at 3/4 time so not a bad effort to kick 7which is a third of the team score. Don't forget that he also has a useful player next to him also kicking bags of goals as well as the impressive onballers you speak about. So are you basing your opinion on Galea's game as being surprised he only kicked 7 on reading stats seeing that you left the ground when Avondale started embarrassing Pacco? My Avondale mate tells me that without Galea they would have lost to Marby, Eagles and Strathmore more than likely. He didn't play against Greenvale and is 4 goals off leading goal kicker in EDFL Premier division. Did you get smacked by an Avondale player in a previous life? I would own up to having a grudge rather than being a poor judge of football.
Off at 3qtr time, yeah 7 not a bad effort for 3 qtrs, I'll grant that.
We'll see who the poor judge is, there is a lot of footy left to be played in 2014. How did Galea go against Abers and let's see how he goes against Greenvale. I have nothing against the man but I just don't think he's delivered. As for Avondale right now they sit 2 games clear on top., maybe I am the only one with the balls to suggest they won't make the GF!!!
And I do the smacking champ, just remember that!

We'll see who the poor judge is, there is a lot of footy left to be played in 2014. How did Galea go against Abers and let's see how he goes against Greenvale. I have nothing against the man but I just don't think he's delivered. As for Avondale right now they sit 2 games clear on top., maybe I am the only one with the balls to suggest they won't make the GF!!!
Kicked 4 in a side that won by 10 goals against abers, he has been recruited so that avondale will win games, 8 rounds in I would think his doing his bit and they have won just a few games?, or are you that naive you won't even admit that? Wake up.

Kicked 4 in a side that won by 10 goals against abers, he has been recruited so that avondale will win games, 8 rounds in I would think his doing his bit and they have won just a few games?, or are you that naive you won't even admit that? Wake up.

bangfrom50 is either taking the pi*s or on it!

Galea has proven his worth so far this season and with Rose they're the most formidable forward line we've seen in Premier division for some time.

Against Abers he played a key role particularly late in the game and was rumoured to of stepped off a plane from his honeymoon only a day before that game so not a bad effort.

You have already been seen as a poor judge. Galea has the best goal ratio per game in the comp despite having the leading goal kicker next to him. You would think that you can't measure Galea just on goals as you would expect that Avondale recruited Galea to work with a proven 100 goal forward and possible kick 140-150 goals between them. They have already delivered half of this. You refer to stats like Bruce McAlvaney and probably know as much. Are you sure you haven't been smacked??

You have already been seen as a poor judge. Galea has the best goal ratio per game in the comp despite having the leading goal kicker next to him. You would think that you can't measure Galea just on goals as you would expect that Avondale recruited Galea to work with a proven 100 goal forward and possible kick 140-150 goals between them. They have already delivered half of this. You refer to stats like Bruce McAlvaney and probably know as much. Are you sure you haven't been smacked??
I can Judge him anyway I want Bruce McAlvaney with the goal ratio stat....

I DO THE SMACKING AROUND HERE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to hear. All my dealings with him have me thinking he's a very astute coach.

Well let me say, when an individual is lacking knowledge of the game he can over complicate his role/opinion on fellow coaches also. He's a guy best keep close to you if you know what I mean. But yes he will apply for the vacated senior coaching job very soon

Is it just me or are there others out there that are disappointed that there is no footy this week?

I cannot wait to see round 9 and how it pans out. It is full of incredibly interesting matches with influential results.
The current top four are playing off, the middle four are playing off and the two bottom dwelling teams are playing off.

Avondale vs Keilor: I think this will be a battle of the mids with both teams having a running style of play it will be interesting to see who can run the game out better. Delivery into the forward line for both teams will be imperative but the pressure will be immense from both teams which might hinder this.
After being shown up by Greenvale last week, Keilor need to win this to stay at least two games clear of fifth and sixth.

Aberfeldie vs Strathmore: This could be the biggest block buster of the round. The highly touted Abers against the impressive and dominating Strathmore. Sitting in second and third on the ladder both with only two losses so far for the season. The last time Abers played home, they were embarrassed by the Saints. I can't imagine they will allow that to happen again in front of their crowd and will play some what of a great game. Strathmore, after beating the uprising Saints last week after the Saints were high spirited after their win against Abers, I think they're a bit more prepared and focused. They will have to try hard to cut off delivery to Daniher and rebound well to get the chance to sing their song come the final siren.

Greenvale vs Marby: The dominance Marby showed a few seasons ago has dissipated. They still put up a good fight week in, week out but are unable to kick a winning score against the other clubs. I put this down to their back line not being able to put a stamp on multiple goal scorers and not being able to produce a four quarter effort. If Marby can put all their effort into every minute of this game, I think they can come away with an upset.
Greenvale after a woeful start to the year have been picking up momentum over the last few weeks and playing at home after a good win against Keilor will give the Jets a confidence boost. I am lead to believe that Greenvale have had some players returning from injury which could give them the advantage over Marby, though Greenvale don't seem to have any stand out leading goal scorers which could work to Marby's advantage.
A win for either club will have them going into the back nine with their spirits raised and a belief that finals aren't out of reach.

Airport West vs Pascoe Vale: Both teams would be desperate for a win which should make the intensity of this game great. Pascoe have a lot of tall men in their line up who are able to take a lot of marks but they lack when the ball hits the ground. If they are able to get their smaller players to feed off their talls a bit more I think they can prove to be a troublesome side even against the best.
Airport West have the class to get the job done but whether or not they can produce that on the day is a different matter. Airport West have been playing below their means so far and need to take the win in order to get a firm foothold with ladder position and not allow to slip further behind the top four.

Northern Saints vs Doutta Stars: It seems a lot of people are anticipating this match. Saints who took Abers' scalp a few weeks back and had Strathmore on edge for a lot of the game. It seems that they are adapting to Premier Division and would believe they are a big chance for a second win this coming week against Doutta.
Doutta Stars are the best winless team I have ever seen. They have lost four matches by a kick or less. They aren't to be under estimated even though they sit on the bottom. They too should believe they are a big chance to finally put a win next to their name and attempt to claw their way off the bottom of the ladder.

As for Avondale right now they sit 2 games clear on top., maybe I am the only one with the balls to suggest they won't make the GF!!!

What makes you say that?
The way I see it is that they will finish with a double chance. Either first or second.
After their loss in last years finals, is that your reasoning to believe they will go out in straight losses?
Or do you believe that they won't have the second chance and them lose the first elimination final again?

Yarra v Lavi at the grove yarrawonga saturday , then the winery walk about.
Fev ( why wasn't I inducted) Fevolla in action.
Not eligible not an excuse!
Given J Coleman has a medal named after him , maybe the Fevolla/Bootsma medal should be awarded for the best ( read worst ) social media post for the AFL year. Remember Fev's!
Both from the blues?
Nominations accepted by Gill

Abers are signing Heath Scotland as well.
infact anyone coming off an AFL will be at Abers. Stephen Kernanhan will be President of Abers next year too.
if Hardwick gets sacked from the Tigers, guess who will have the coaching gig at Abers in 2015.
There is a rumor that Collingwood have let go of a couple of their water boys so they are on board at Abers.
Brisbane Lions property steward relocated to Melbourne last week and is veing interviewed tomorrow for the Abers job.
Will they pay Marcus out full?
Why wouldn't Abers chase Bootsma, is there any real difference in paying 470k to 500k(apart from 30k of course!)? Good luck to them I reckon

I forgot to mention the old lady who peels the oranges for Freo is being poached by the Abers board as well as Hawthorns player well fare officer.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back