EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Jesse Wells at Pacco after a few good years for Hobart City in the TSL. Will have a big impact in this league. Looks very fit and is a strong unit. Bound to create some carnage..
Also picked up a ruckman from AFL Canberra who has good wraps.
Nathan Kerlin that may be.

If W Coburg haven't picked anyone up and they go in to this season with last years GF side they won't get close to many sides. Might beat NS. Maybe.
Omar Abdallah is still a VFL listed player as is Ruairi Cleary so you can take those two out as well

Hearing that Sam Boyd from airport west has signed at avondale heights. Airport west in even more trouble with him now confirmed gone. Massive get, one of the best defenders in local football.
I rate Sam as the best defender in the league. Can play any of the back 6 positions. Big get for Avondale if true.

Omar Abdallah is still a VFL listed player as is Ruairi Cleary so you can take those two out as well
Defently won't be seeing Cleary as he will most likely be playing coburg all year mabe in the by games and abdallah hasn't been seen at coburg training for a month didn't know if he went back to W/coburg.
But W/Coburg defently need big and taller players to be stong enough to match up against the big A grade clubs otherwise they will be pushed around too much .

Avondale Heights have signed Hoppers Crossing junior star Aaron Williams who spent the 2014 season with Sunshine..very quick & good around the goals

Adam Potter just tweeted that ex Keilor 18's & Coburg Development League Premiership coach Mario Lirosi will be an Abers assistant coach in 2015..
Worked together at Coburg in 2011-12
Damien Peverill, Daniel Mangan & Luke Kinniburgh round out the team

Adam Potter just tweeted that ex Keilor 18's & Coburg Development League Premiership coach Mario Lirosi will be an Abers assistant coach in 2015..
Pedro down at the pet shop said that an ex Abers superstar will be assisting in some capacity. Sorry no name from Pedro lads will continue to dig

Now let me say, each one of these assistants will be getting paid reasonable coin I assume, as they are not originally Abers people. (I stand to be corrected) There budget must be 400-450k. "That's crazy in local footy, as would be more than some VFL teams"

Would be good to see Peverill return to his junior club and coach KP in the few years, but I'm guessing he might want to much coin.. Where's the loyalty gone....

Anyway that's my say...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news out of west coburg ? Herd they haven't picked up much so far except they they lost one of there best players (abdi fitaxx )to coburg .I'm sure they can avoid relegation with the list they have already. Notable young players to watch this year -Drake, mac aodha , Saad , Abdallah.

Sandman, West Coburg trained down at the river tonight, numbers 21, from what I saw its going to be a very long season for the boys

Now let me say, each one of these assistants will be getting paid reasonable coin I assume, as they are not originally Abers people. (I stand to be corrected) There budget must be 400-450k. "That's crazy in local footy, as would be more than some VFL teams"

Would be good to see Peverill return to his junior club and coach KP in the few years, but I'm guessing he might want to much coin.. Where's the loyalty gone....

Anyway that's my say...
I wonder how Lirosi's appointment would be seen by the people of Keilor? Considering he coached juniors there (had a son that played there too)

Anyway that's my say...

There's very little truth in your post!

Pev did play junior footy at Keilor Park - that's what is true.

Do some research before posting crap.............

"YOU GET CAUGHT OUT TALKING RUBBISH"

Last edited:
There's very little truth in you post!

Pev did play junior footy at Keilor Park - that's what is true.

Do some research before posting crap.............

"YOU GET CAUGHT OUT TALKING RUBBISH"

Now Puffpuff, you need to get real and stop hiding. What are you debating?? Do you think they are giving there time for free, if so your dreaming.. I think we all know these assistants are being paid. It's just a question of what they are on. Some premier 18s coaches are asking for between 2-4k for there time.
Yes one bloke is Potters mate, but will be on cash.
Most clubs pay a senior assistant and some line coaches are also asking for something unless they are the coaches mate or home grown.. Senior assistant 10k (500week) Pev 6k (300week) Mangan 6k plus payments for playing twos, Kinna ??, Potter 18k (1000week) That's around 40k for coaches. I say that's big coin..

coaching panels (not incl assistant player coaches)
Keilor - Coach on 40k.
Marby - panel = 25k
Greenvale - Grant on 40k
AVondale - full panel = 25k

Your a touchy person puff puff, BUT TRUTH IS TRUTH. I personally don't give a toss what Abers pay just stating the facts after reading a post on the coaching panel..,

Now Puffpuff, you need to get real and stop hiding. What are you debating?? Do you think they are giving there time for free, if so your dreaming.. I think we all know these assistants are being paid. It's just a question of what they are on. Some premier 18s coaches are asking for between 2-4k for there time.
Most clubs pay a senior assistant and some line coaches are also asking for something unless they are the coaches mate or home grown.. Senior assistant 10k (500week) Pev 6k (300week) Mangan 6k plus payments for playing twos, Kinna ??, Potter 18k (1000week) That's around 40k for coaches. I say that's big coin..

Keilor - Coach on 40k.
Marby - panel = 25k
Greenvale - Grant on 40k

Your a touchy person puff puff, BUT TRUTH IS TRUTH. I personally don't give a toss what Abers pay just stating the facts after reading a post on the coaching panel..,

Well you are stating none are home grown when Mango certainly is and Luke has been at the club as long as I can remember even if he may have played some juniors elsewhere (Airport West?). Plus Pev has been there for at least five years, if not longer. How long do you have to be at a club before you are considered a blow in?

Keilor - Coach on 40k.
Marby - panel = 25k
Greenvale - Grant on 40k

Well I know I am - $0...

You're speculating that's all I was pointing out - not hiding or debating just stating facts mate..

Well you are stating none are home grown when Mango certainly is and Luke has been at the club as long as I can remember even if he may have played some juniors elsewhere (Airport West?). Plus Pev has been there for at least five years, if not longer. How long do you have to be at a club before you are considered a blow in?

Mango and myself - both Abers juniors.

Pev has been at the club for four years now, this is his fifth - although not a junior he's been around the place a while now.

Club legend - multiple B&F and League medal winner - Jason Casey is returning to assist with the reserves this year!!

Great to have the great man Case on board for 2015!
Pedro has poor English and hard to understand but I thought he muttered Greg Short as the returning superstar . Nevermind thanks for clarification PuffPuff this Casey fella must have gone ok
Must be a relation of Clinton Casey the property crook??

Well enough is enough, I've been reading this crap for some time and resisted creating an account until now.
But the relentless ill informed crap about a club I love has resulted in saying I'm sickofthecrap.
It's amazing how much what I perceive as dislike and envy there is for a club that has sadly to say just the 1 A Grade flag, you'd think Abers had a record like Tulla winning the last 5 in a row.
Some of the character assignations are disgraceful to say the least and the latest re: 2 of the clubs greats is another reason to say I'm "sickofthecrap"
Now to add my perspective on season 2015, Abers have "finally" structured a coaching team with blokes who love the place along with proven professionals, add some SOUL which cost the last 2 GF's and 2015 is the year.

Well enough is enough, I've been reading this crap for some time and resisted creating an account until now.
But the relentless ill informed crap about a club I love has resulted in saying I'm sickofthecrap.
It's amazing how much what I perceive as dislike and envy there is for a club that has sadly to say just the 1 A Grade flag, you'd think Abers had a record like Tulla winning the last 5 in a row.
Some of the character assignations are disgraceful to say the least and the latest re: 2 of the clubs greats is another reason to say I'm "sickofthecrap"
Now to add my perspective on season 2015, Abers have "finally" structured a coaching team with blokes who love the place along with proven professionals, add some SOUL which cost the last 2 GF's and 2015 is the year.
Finally some sense! The team from the coaches to the players for 3 seasons have had no heart and soul for Aberfeldie sports club. Finally with the coaching group they have assembled this will hopefully install something that has been missing 'heart and soul'. Good luck to them I hope they go well

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back