EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey there 'puffpuffgivemo' you seem to be in the know on what is actually happening within the Aberfeldie FC! So I thought I would just check on some of your previously stated facts as 'Carl on the Corner' seems to be stating otherwise!

You mentioned CLUB skipper Cubby in a previous post, 'Carl' who rarely misses on dropping in on most training sessions mentioned he actually hasn't seen Cubby on the training track for some time now!
Will Cubby be CLUB skipper again in season 2015?
Will Cubby actually play for Aberfeldie FC in 2015?

You also mentioned Brock McLean, amongst many others as one of the Abers juniors who have trained the house down in the pre Christmas sessions! Yet 'Carl' also mentioned that he actually hasn't even seen Brock at any of the training sessions that 'Carl' has dropped in on both prior to and post Christmas.

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

Didn't you ask the same question a few weeks ago?

You must've been that flog sitting over on the Ramsay St. side taking notes last week or was that Carl?

Get a life champ!!!

Wonder if Essendon will invite Browne (Keilor) down to play in the NAB games as his recently out of the AFL system. Would be good to see how he would go..

Always a lot of talk RE: Abers recruiting.

Never anything regarding the most dangerous team in the competition. Quietly going about their business adding to an already strong team. Strathmore seem to be the most stable club in Premier Division. strong successful book of juniors. Reigning Premiers who are only going from strength to strength.

Will win the flag again this year IMO.

Always a lot of talk RE: Abers recruiting.

Never anything regarding the most dangerous team in the competition. Quietly going about their business adding to an already strong team. Strathmore seem to be the most stable club in Premier Division. strong successful book of juniors. Reigning Premiers who are only going from strength to strength.

Will win the flag again this year IMO.
Time will tell, not sure why you think other clubs are "unstable", Keilor long term coach and recruiting well, Greenvale, new coach with higher level resume, Abers likewise and some big ins, Pacco havin a real crack it seems IMO these will be the big 4 in 2015.
Very competitive between 5- 8, NS and WC to struggle, "time will tell"

Northern Saints? There is plenty of talent going around in the VFL for Coburg as far as I'm concerned.
Yes there are plenty of talented players at Coburg ....but really how many in the development team....Not too many ,a lot just making up the numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Mick at Training last night. Great to have him back at the Saints!
Is this the same Mick Simioni a mate of mine trained with at the sharks before xmas & the same Mick Simioni who put pen to paper on a contract & also a clearance to play for the sharks in 2015 only to tell them if he wasn't getting a game for Coburg 1st he will have to play in the 2nds.
Obviously when he left Coburg & drove down sydney road his car must of only had enough petrol to get to NS & couldn't make it to the ring Rd to get back to the sharks where he had signed before xmas.
Lucky for him my understanding the sharks won't play hardball & wish him all the best.
But let's be honest contracts are worthless & these young blokes don't give a shit about what they sign & wouldn't surprise me if they mark it with a X

Is this the same Mick Simioni a mate of mine trained with at the sharks before xmas & the same Mick Simioni who put pen to paper on a contract & also a clearance to play for the sharks in 2015 only to tell them if he wasn't getting a game for Coburg 1st he will have to play in the 2nds.
Obviously when he left Coburg & drove down sydney road his car must of only had enough petrol to get to NS & couldn't make it to the ring Rd to get back to the sharks where he had signed before xmas.
Lucky for him my understanding the sharks won't play hardball & wish him all the best.
But let's be honest contracts are worthless & these young blokes don't give a shit about what they sign & wouldn't surprise me if they mark it with a X

Ouch, did he spill your milk you poor deluded soul.

Is it that hard to accept a relatively new Club willing to do what ever it takes to be competitive with the old stages.

Ouch, did he spill your milk you poor deluded soul.

Is it that hard to accept a relatively new Club willing to do what ever it takes to be competitive with the old stages.
I might be a deluded soul but at least when l give my word in life l stick to it unlike Gen Y who always change there mine.
Good luck to Mick l hope he enjoys getting flogged each week ;)

Not the first player to train somewhere and then decide that club aint for him, perhaps it says more about the sharks and not being able to retain talent

Not the first player to train somewhere and then decide that club aint for him, perhaps it says more about the sharks and not being able to retain talent
I'm pretty sure the sharks have retained talent & have added more talent to their list & are moving in the right direction

Time will tell, not sure why you think other clubs are "unstable", Keilor long term coach and recruiting well, Greenvale, new coach with higher level resume, Abers likewise and some big ins, Pacco havin a real crack it seems IMO these will be the big 4 in 2015.
Very competitive between 5- 8, NS and WC to struggle, "time will tell"

At no point did I mention any other club being unstable.

I do believe though the formula to Strathmores sustained success over a period of time has been the infrastructure set in place by a strong junior base. (Very much like Greenvale) as well as the ability to harness home grown talent and develop them into very very good senior footballers Alla.. Matt Knight.

They've added serious quality to list that last year won a premiership. The only notable exclusion would be that of Nathan Charles to Darley. From where I sit they look dangerous again. I agree the top 4 teams have all improved, it will be tight at the top. But away from all the hoop la of Abers recruits the Mores seem to be flying marginally under the radar.

Dont count out Pacco. As I've said before if they can win a few early they have the side to challenge the likes of Strathmore & co. Having a good pre season and their side on paper is right up there. Still actively recruiting and very positive vibe down there.
Have got a top midfield, good ruckman and quality forwards. Question will be if there backline can hold the other teams forwards and create some run down back, then look out..
Interesting season ahead and probably the best season for a few years.
"Bring it on I say"

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back