EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

A strange coincidence that the grounds you mentioned as being the worst are under the control of the Moreland Council.
That is because all they are worried about is soccer. They have just spent millions ( I have heard estimates between 3 & 8 million) on the Fawkner Soccer Ground. Two grounds, Grandstand etc but Northern Saints can't even get them to run electricity to the scoreboard that was built before last season.

Are these ground ratings at the start of year when most grounds are out their best or are they at the end of July when you get a true indication on who has the best ground & as for visitors change rooms unless Abers have built new ones they would be lucky to get a 4
Compared to the big country leagues EDFL visitors rooms are a disgrace

I have it on good authority that Aberfeldie has submitted a $1.2 million renovation plan to Moonee Valley city council. They are just waiting for the approval then the money to be allocated. I do believe that they are next sporting club to have their rooms updated as most other clubs have had there's done up.
I also know that strathmore were just awarded $400,000 approx to have there rooms renovated. Not sure when they are starting that

NFL have had matchday updates for years. West Preston used to put the around the ground scores up in the social rooms at the end of every qtr. wouldn't be hard for edfl clubs to do the same.

The VAFA have an app which updates the scores throughout the day. Does the EDFL have the same?
The timekeepers in each game input each score scored through a portal which is then updated on the app.

My past experiences have found it to be mostly council funded, which I would thought is the right way to go about it. We did make minor improvements without funding. Getting the funding is another thing altogether.

The other thing is you can't build anything without council permission or permits. Say a sponsor wanted to build something like a small sheltered area for next to nothing you can't do it without council permission as they will mostly likely say no or give the work to people they know if it's in the plan.. I'm sure most clubs are aware of this..

The VAFA have an app which updates the scores throughout the day. Does the EDFL have the same?
The timekeepers in each game input each score scored through a portal which is then updated on the app.

I think they do mate, but just a suggestion to let everyone know via an announcement as some people ( like the older supporters) don't use the web link. Anyway it was just an idea to improve the league as would be good especially the last few rounds..
I even would go as far as playing each clubs song as they run out.. They do this in the VFL. Also last year I went to the season opener in WRFL at St Albans and they had the club song going in the social club pre game. Thought it was great and reminded me of the Afl. However need to remember St Albans have one of the best (well the best I've seen) social and viewing areas in metro footy..
Good topic whilst we wait for the season to begin

I Also last year I went to the season opener in WRFL at St Albans and they had the club song going in the social club pre game. Thought it was great and reminded me of the Afl.

I used to live right behind Pascoe vale football club and they used to blast the club song on loud speaker before and after every junior game.... Used to annoy the absolute crap out of me at home haha

I used to live right behind Pascoe vale football club and they used to blast the club song on loud speaker before and after every junior game.... Used to annoy the absolute crap out of me at home haha

That's gold mate. Must have been going off early morning if before the junior game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is because all they are worried about is soccer. They have just spent millions ( I have heard estimates between 3 & 8 million) on the Fawkner Soccer Ground. Two grounds, Grandstand etc but Northern Saints can't even get them to run electricity to the scoreboard that was built before last season.
The Moreland council spent 6.4 Million on the improvements to the fawkner soccer ground.

During the 2014 football season, one of the light poles at Charles Mutton Reserve fell over. It is still lying on the ground. At the Northern Saints Senior launch for season 2013, the then Mayor of Moreland said that we will never have premier facilities because soccer is the premier sport in Fawkner. Forget about premier facilities, how about just putting the old light pole back up so we have enough lighting to train our juniors in the winter months.

The Moreland council spent 6.4 Million on the improvements to the fawkner soccer ground.

What do league officials offer in regard to this type of thing. They should also be meeting councils regularly with regards to what clubs believe are priorities. Should be a plan for "do now" and "do longer term-project". If they need electricity surely that's a quick "do now" task.
Clubs pay the league fees each year so surely they must also have a plan. Agree all clubs want something but let's pioritize things and provide a plan..
If the league doesn't have resources for this then maybe clubs could pay a small fee and the league employ someone. Might be worth a small fee to avoid work for club people..

During the 2014 football season, one of the light poles at Charles Mutton Reserve fell over. It is still lying on the ground. At the Northern Saints Senior launch for season 2013, the then Mayor of Moreland said that we will never have premier facilities because soccer is the premier sport in Fawkner. Forget about premier facilities, how about just putting the old light pole back up so we have enough lighting to train our juniors in the winter months.

Surely this would be a safety issue and require immediate repair. Bloody ordinary from the council and mayor..
Based on the post, the Northern Saints are up against it. Good luck...

Now that's a disgrace!!

Just because soccer participation growth is up 20% or so over the last five years surely local government have a responsibility to be fair and in the least support all local sport and their facilities?

Surely this would be a safety issue and require immediate repair. Bloody ordinary from the council and mayor..
Based on the post, the Northern Saints are up against it. Good luck...

When I was involved, we practically had to beg for everything. Doesn't look like much has changed.

Now that's a disgrace!!

Just because soccer participation growth is up 20% or so over the last five years surely local government have a responsibility to be fair and in the least support all local sport and their facilities?
On a bright note, all the Northern Saints teams both junior and senior have commenced training with large numbers attending training this week.

IIRC when North Coburg were still going at Hosken Reserve they got nothing,
volunteers and some supporters actually installed the light poles around Hosken without help from council!
but the Soccer ground next to it got lighting upgrades etc. it was so much of an upgrade that they had to install an Electrical mini-substation to cope with the new lighting for the soccer ground?.

Council needs to get around Northern Saints in Fawkner they (council) definitely need to lift their game/

IIRC when North Coburg were still going at Hosken Reserve they got nothing,
volunteers and some supporters actually installed the light poles around Hosken without help from council!
but the Soccer ground next to it got lighting upgrades etc. it was so much of an upgrade that they had to install an Electrical mini-substation to cope with the new lighting for the soccer ground?.

Council needs to get around Northern Saints in Fawkner they (council) definitely need to lift their game/

Yesterday the fallen light pole at Charles Mutton Reserve was put back up. A coincidence? A miracle? or the power of Big Footy'S EDFL Forum? I don't know but i am very happy! Do i get 2 more wishes?

Yesterday the fallen light pole at Charles Mutton Reserve was put back up. A coincidence? A miracle? or the power of Big Footy'S EDFL Forum? I don't know but i am very happy! Do i get 2 more wishes?

I'm sure league representatives do read these forums as part of their jobs. That's great news for Northern Saints, Fawkner community and footy in general.

Keep up the good work big footy boys..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back