EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Pascoe Vale flag favourites for 2015 with or without Sherman, with all the blokes recruited to pacco.

What about the other clubs, any new players, When does preseason start for everyone?.

Too much time on your hands keepitsimple. All you have done is come on here and defend pascoe vale and you say you aren't from pascoe vale? Ha! 3 coaches sacked/left in the last 3 years. Poisonous environment with no home grown players left to P^ss off.
Drose
Too much time on your hands keepitsimple. All you have done is come on here and defend pascoe vale and you say you aren't from pascoe vale? Ha! 3 coaches sacked/left in the last 3 years. Poisonous environment with no home grown players left to P^ss off.

Yes your probably right there Drose47 not too much going on in my life and really need to find one;) believe me when I find myself reading posts of that quality and then responding to them you know I have real issues;) which I do!

It always amuses me when people as their first line of defence in a debate with me say things like "Too much time on your hands keepitsimple" at that point I know I've just pulled their pants down. Why I hear you ask Drose47? Because if that is the best thing you can lead off with to counter my opinion or facts then you may as well take your white lace undies off and wave them in the air, because anyone with intelligence on this forum and there are a few Drose47, will realise you don't have any facts, or substance behind your opinion. Then my friend you just become a Forum troll, a trash talking hack and when you post stuff like that it doesn't get under anyone's skin it just makes us chuckle at you.

The debate about home grown %'s on EDFL Premier Teams is an old one and a well worn path, it goes like this:
  • All clubs would love to have lots of homegrowns and more if possible playing in Premier Teams
  • Clubs all want to be competitive in Premier and win games
  • Premier has got so good that it is very hard for the under 18 kids to come straight up and play in the 1's
  • The very best 17 & 18 year old's are already in the TAC system
  • The kids left playing local are the next bracket down and find it really hard to step straight into 1's Premier
  • Often these boys rate themselves (and good on them) and their ego doesn't allow them to play Premier Reserves
  • They get good offers to play in B Grade, or Div 2 or 3 in Northern Leagues or minor bush leagues, Bigger Fish in smaller ponds to get better $
  • Sadly often most of the good locals (lots of exceptions) would struggle to get a game in the top 4 Premier Teams and sadly are just not up to it if you want to win games
  • So what does the local club do when those locals want the type of coin that the lower leagues are willing to pay them as big fish in a small pond ? Pay the same money when they can get a much better Premier footballer for the same?
  • Play a set quota of locals but lose games?
  • Or try and find the right balance wherever possible that needs locals to be more realistic with their actual market value at Premier level small fish in a big pond?
  • Footballers can be very sensitive people especially around their $ playing worth and in the last 5 years its definitely been a players market with $ flying everywhere so that balance of managing ego's is very difficult for ALL Clubs.
Fact Check:

3 coaches sacked/left in the last 3 years

2008 Finished 9th in B Grade Coach Alan Ezard
2009 Finished Grand Final Runners Up Coach David Morgan * See Below
2010 Finished Grand Final Runners Up Coach David Morgan * See Below
2011 Premiers in B Grade Coach David Morgan * See Below
2012 Finished 5th on % in Premier Coach David Morgan- Co Coach Denis Bicer/Steve Paxman
2013 Finished 9th Coach Steve Paxman- Director of Coaching David Morgan
2014 Finished 7th Coach David Morgan
2015 Finish TBA ;) Coach David Morgan Playing Coach Adam Contessa

David Morgan started playing at PVFC when he was 10 years old, 300 game player, club captain, life member, Premiership Coach & coached in 3 GF's on anyone's measure that is a successful record and a great example of a Homegrown leading his club going on 7 years. That looks pretty consistent to me.

Transitioning from B Grade into Premier and trying to stay there is very hard and definitely comes with ups and downs, it has been a real wrestle for all clubs trying to do that and from the outside it can look messy at times but as they say you can only do your best.

Which brings me to the point Drose47 when you go to respond to this give me/us being the Forum your best, try not to swear, use me having too much time as an excuse, get your facts straight and build a good argument to support your case. Then I might consider responding back one last time, if not I will put you into my Pyrhric Victory basket if I can fit you in, as its getting pretty full.

Are Pascoe Vale flag favourites for 2015 with or without Sherman, with all the blokes recruited to pacco.

What about the other clubs, any new players, When does preseason start for everyone?.
They're coming from a long way back (9 games off first), I'd still have them behind quite a few. Ross and Warren are obviously guns and Harris and Gloury will be solid but they'd need a few more handy ins before i'd start comparing them to Strathmore or Abers who generally have stars on every line.

Someone may have said it before, Pacco do this every few years. I'd imagine it's frustrating. Such a shame that local footy has to go this way, just the nature of the beast now. Rather than reading on these forums about ex AFL players, or big name players, wouldn't it be so much better if we were reading and talking about talented local home grown players. Kids turning into young men that we can relate to, watch and enjoy their onfield abilities. If I want to see an AFL player, I go and watch the AFL.

They're coming from a long way back (9 games off first), I'd still have them behind quite a few. Ross and Warren are obviously guns and Harris and Gloury will be solid but they'd need a few more handy ins before i'd start comparing them to Strathmore or Abers who generally have stars on every line.
Good call Bluejet lots of proving to be done from the Panthers yet I would even throw Greenvale into the mix as I'm sure they will come out firing.

Someone may have said it before, Pacco do this every few years. I'd imagine it's frustrating. Such a shame that local footy has to go this way, just the nature of the beast now. Rather than reading on these forums about ex AFL players, or big name players, wouldn't it be so much better if we were reading and talking about talented local home grown players. Kids turning into young men that we can relate to, watch and enjoy their onfield abilities. If I want to see an AFL player, I go and watch the AFL.

It is a shame Joey but what is your solution to the below realities. Its so EASY to wheel out that old cliché about homegrowns, what would you actually do for real to put a finals playing premier team on the park with mostly locals.

Put some thought into it and actually write us down a few solutions and let experienced football people on this Forum tell you if they would work or are pipe dreams!

The debate about home grown %'s on EDFL Premier Teams is an old one and a well worn path, it goes like this:
  • All clubs would love to have lots of homegrowns and more if possible playing in Premier Teams
  • Clubs all want to be competitive in Premier and win games
  • Premier has got so good that it is very hard for the under 18 kids to come straight up and play in the 1's
  • The very best 17 & 18 year old's are already in the TAC system
  • The kids left playing local are the next bracket down and find it really hard to step straight into 1's Premier
  • Often these boys rate themselves (and good on them) and their ego doesn't allow them to play Premier Reserves
  • They get good offers to play in B Grade, or Div 2 or 3 in Northern Leagues or minor bush leagues, Bigger Fish in smaller ponds to get better $
  • Sadly often most of the good locals (lots of exceptions) would struggle to get a game in the top 4 Premier Teams and sadly are just not up to it if you want to win games
  • So what does the local club do when those locals want the type of coin that the lower leagues are willing to pay them as big fish in a small pond ? Pay the same money when they can get a much better Premier footballer for the same?
  • Play a set quota of locals but lose games?
  • Or try and find the right balance wherever possible that needs locals to be more realistic with their actual market value at Premier level small fish in a big pond?
  • Footballers can be very sensitive people especially around their $ playing worth and in the last 5 years its definitely been a players market with $ flying everywhere so that balance of managing ego's is very difficult for ALL Clubs.

At the end of the day, if we all want to see a really high grade of football, the whole comp is not going to all be local homegrowns. It's the nature of the beast. It's all about getting the balance between signing capable footballers on playing ability and character (for reasonable $$$) in order to top up the talent you have around the club, as well as developing your undr 18s into capable senior players. This gets your superstars, core group, and youth all in a good team. Most of the teams in Premier Division, imo could save a lot of coin, by improving their recruitment processes and signing blokes who are good footballers, who want to develop and not just throwing coin at ex-AFL/VFL who may have great CV's but when on the field can get beaten by someone on $200 a game.

The argument that most quality undr 18s cant step right into a top Premier team is a valid one, but how these players (if they have real potential) are managed says a lot about a club. Rather than sticking them in the magoos fo 2-3 years without a senior call up does leave players disenchanted, it's all about getting 1-4 games a year into these developing players which will build them into better players, and build depth for the club. If good players are left in the reserves, they become ''reserve grade players". If they wish to leave and develop somewhere else, good on them.

Early prediction for Premier ...

Strathmore
Abers
Greenvale
Avondale Heights

Panthers
Keilor
Airport West
Northern Saints
West Coburg
Maribyrnong Park

At the end of the day, if we all want to see a really high grade of football, the whole comp is not going to all be local homegrowns. It's the nature of the beast. It's all about getting the balance between signing capable footballers on playing ability and character (for reasonable $$$) in order to top up the talent you have around the club, as well as developing your undr 18s into capable senior players. This gets your superstars, core group, and youth all in a good team. Most of the teams in Premier Division, imo could save a lot of coin, by improving their recruitment processes and signing blokes who are good footballers, who want to develop and not just throwing coin at ex-AFL/VFL who may have great CV's but when on the field can get beaten by someone on $200 a game.

The argument that most quality undr 18s cant step right into a top Premier team is a valid one, but how these players (if they have real potential) are managed says a lot about a club. Rather than sticking them in the magoos fo 2-3 years without a senior call up does leave players disenchanted, it's all about getting 1-4 games a year into these developing players which will build them into better players, and build depth for the club. If good players are left in the reserves, they become ''reserve grade players". If they wish to leave and develop somewhere else, good on them.

Early prediction for Premier ...

Strathmore
Abers
Greenvale
Avondale Heights

Panthers
Keilor
Airport West
Northern Saints
West Coburg
Maribyrnong Park
Quality post. :thumbsu:
It is an area that the EDFL has lagged behind other comps imo but I think clubs are improving in the manner that they bring on their younger guys, for all of their knockers, Abers have brought through a number of younger guys in recent years (Fox, Prestia etc).
I think the key is having the support around them, given the physical nature of edfl footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4
Sm
Pv
Gv
K
Bottom half
Abbers
Wc
Ah
Ns
Mp
Apw

Mores
Greenvale
Keilor
Aberfeldie

Pacco
Heights
MP
AW
WC
Saints

Have not heard the Saints picking up anyone, and have lost 4 odd to Coburg and some (oops the "H" word) homegrowns aswell. Have they any recruits, because it's slim pickings at U18 level.
West Coburg have a good coach and they should be able to stay up in 2015, and have very good 18's coming through.
Airport West will slide.

The big 4 will continue their relative domination of A Grade. Perhaps Pacco can challenge?

Mores
Greenvale
Keilor
Aberfeldie

Pacco
Heights
MP
AW
WC
Saints

Have not heard the Saints picking up anyone, and have lost 4 odd to Coburg and some (oops the "H" word) homegrowns aswell. Have they any recruits, because it's slim pickings at U18 level.
West Coburg have a good coach and they should be able to stay up in 2015, and have very good 18's coming through.
Airport West will slide.

The big 4 will continue their relative domination of A Grade. Perhaps Pacco can challenge?

Rest assured that Avondale Heights will still be a top 4 side and strong premiership contender .... have addressed a couple of their personnel problems - recruited Airport West ruck man and small forward from Williamstown who will add to their goal kicking depth.

Rest assured that Avondale Heights will still be a top 4 side and strong premiership contender .... have recruited Airport West ruck man and small forward from Williamstown who will add to their goal kicking depth.

I prey they have recruited apw ruckman. He is a big and soft dud.

Rest assured that Avondale Heights will still be a top 4 side and strong premiership contender .... have addressed a couple of their personnel problems - recruited Airport West ruck man and small forward from Williamstown who will add to their goal kicking depth.

Have lost plenty more. Grabowski brothers the latest to be departing avondale according to Twitter, josh in particular is a huge loss. Will still need another 3-4 top quality recruits if they are to improve from last year.

Mores
Greenvale
Keilor
Aberfeldie

Pacco
Heights
MP
AW
WC
Saints

Airport West will slide.

Abdikane Fittax leaving to go to Coburg will be a huge loss for West Coburg, was looking forward to seeing what he could do in A grade. Still have enough talent that they should stay up and are always difficult to beat at home.

Haven't heard anything about recruits for North, however only just signed a coach.

Not much noise coming from the Greenvale way, would hope they haven't spent all there money on getting Shannon grant. Rumours are 110k over 2 years. Lot of money, would hope he can bring some recruits.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back