EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

How far has this league progressed as the crowd was huge. Not sure of exact numbers but it was big. It's great to see local footy flying in this league.
Agree it's probably not the best ground or ground size to showcase the game but I suppose it's there choice. It's a big difference when comparing to Keilors ground but it was a success.
See round 3 Keilor vs Pacco has been moved to Sunday on the request of Keilor. If Pacco get 2 early wins this game could be huge..[/QUO
Crowd was huge in numbers, unfortunately it was not the best ground to watch at, you would think considering that it is premier league and the only game from the division on for the weekend that maybe it could be played at a more suitable venue (maybe a premier finals venue) that would easily fit the crowd numbers through the gate, I know home ground factor comes into it, but I also know that southern football league has there round 1 main fixture match as a grand final replay which will be played at Trevor Barker oval (vfl Sandringham zebras) so whoevers home game it is should take profit.... Just a thought.

Crowd was huge in numbers, unfortunately it was not the best ground to watch at, you would think considering that it is premier league and the only game from the division on for the weekend that maybe it could be played at a more suitable venue (maybe a premier finals venue) that would easily fit the crowd numbers through the gate, I know home ground factor comes into it, but I also know that southern football league has there round 1 main fixture match as a grand final replay which will be played at Trevor Barker oval (vfl Sandringham zebras) so whoevers home game it is should take profit.... Just a thought.

It's an interesting one. Like the idea of GF rematch but these two sides started the good Friday game so they should keep it. I actually don't mind playing it the club home ground as it brings the local atmosphere, but as we said its not the best ground for big crowds. Oh well it's only there every second week.
The div1 game should be a twilight 5pm start so you can watch both games. But Taylors don't have lights for night games. Another bad situation but hopefully Hillside do it next year. Anyway we best move on from this subject.

It's an interesting one. Like the idea of GF rematch but these two sides started the good Friday game so they should keep it. I actually don't mind playing it the club home ground as it brings the local atmosphere, but as we said its not the best ground for big crowds. Oh well it's only there every second week.
The div1 game should be a twilight 5pm start so you can watch both games. But Taylors don't have lights for night games. Another bad situation but hopefully Hillside do it next year. Anyway we best move on from this subject.
Totally agree with you Turbo re the Premier League game and Division 1 game possibly having staggered starting times, then many impartial interested parties would not have to make a choice as to which venue they attend.

I choose to head to Lionheart Reserve because of the proximity of the ground to my residence, was a fairly entertaining game with Lakers pulling away in the last quarter to win by 33 points.

I was surprised to see that the newly appointed Aberfeldie coach made the same choice as myself and headed to Lionheart Reserve, would have thought todays Premier League game between Strathmore and Keilor would have provided him a very valuable opportunity to view in person two possible challengers for the 2015 season! Maybe he doesn't regard them as challengers!

Or maybe the lure of a few cans with some friends was far greater!

Totally agree with you Turbo re the Premier League game and Division 1 game possibly having staggered starting times, then many impartial interested parties would not have to make a choice as to which venue they attend.

I choose to head to Lionheart Reserve because of the proximity of the ground to my residence, was a fairly entertaining game with Lakers pulling away in the last quarter to win by 33 points.

I was surprised to see that the newly appointed Aberfeldie coach made the same choice as myself and headed to Lionheart Reserve, would have thought todays Premier League game between Strathmore and Keilor would have provided him a very valuable opportunity to view in person two possible challengers for the 2015 season! Maybe he doesn't regard them as challengers!

Or maybe the lure of a few cans with some friends was far greater!
It must have been very late in the day because he was at Strathmore for most of the game

It must have been very late in the day because he was at Strathmore for most of the game

It's another good talking point on this premier thread. Either way is fine with me as coaches should have a life when there team is not playing. I could almost guarantee that Abers hierarchy would have been watching and taking notes as per all clubs. In most cases it's not the coach taking notes but a helper or friend. Some clubs are now paying people to watch opposition clubs and provide an independent report. The premier league is moving ahead leaps & bounds. Imagine the total spend of all clubs put together, it would be huge..

Would be good to have an Easter Saturday game as well.. I need another footy hit but will settle for the pub & races if the missus lets me out.. Lol

Good chatting boys..

It's another good talking point on this premier thread. Either way is fine with me as coaches should have a life when there team is not playing. I could almost guarantee that Abers hierarchy would have been watching and taking notes as per all clubs. In most cases it's not the coach taking notes but a helper or friend. Some clubs are now paying people to watch opposition clubs and provide an independent report. The premier league is moving ahead leaps & bounds. Imagine the total spend of all clubs put together, it would be huge..

Would be good to have an Easter Saturday game as well.. I need another footy hit but will settle for the pub & races if the missus lets me out.. Lol

Good chatting boys..
While you're at it, how about Christmas Day as well?

Well done to both clubs for giving all of us something to do after we donate. Think we all agree it was scrappy. Definately a round one game with rust. Thought number 32 for Keilor (at f/fwd) was a very lucky passenger. He may have had a bad day but you can't constantly expect to take grabs from behind in this comp. Biggest winner would have to be Jarryd Cachia. Well done for accepting a sign on fee with with as much chance of playing as Scott West. Turbo, I think you've been awesome with your preseason comments, but (the but was coming) Micks 3qtr time speech was purely salesmanship. The only time the crowd got to hear what he was saying was after he had talked about his match ups etc. then the voice was raised with the sales pitch. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great coach. But a master manipulator. I think if he'd coached Abers the last 5 years, they may have 2 flags.

Well done to both clubs for giving all of us something to do after we donate. Think we all agree it was scrappy. Definately a round one game with rust. Thought number 32 for Keilor (at f/fwd) was a very lucky passenger. He may have had a bad day but you can't constantly expect to take grabs from behind in this comp. Biggest winner would have to be Jarryd Cachia. Well done for accepting a sign on fee with with as much chance of playing as Scott West. Turbo, I think you've been awesome with your preseason comments, but (the but was coming) Micks 3qtr time speech was purely salesmanship. The only time the crowd got to hear what he was saying was after he had talked about his match ups etc. then the voice was raised with the sales pitch. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great coach. But a master manipulator. I think if he'd coached Abers the last 5 years, they may have 2 flags.

Thanks for reading my regular (or in some cases daily Lol) posts. Your on the money with all your comments.
No 32 is a bit hit & miss and doesn't lead much but rather try and fly from behind. Not a good idea on a tight ground.
I actually went and listened to Micks 3qrt time speech. Classic Mick, how good was it. His the best going around in metro/country IMO and may others. Could easily coach VFL level.
I didn't know that detail about Cachia but did hear on Friday that he signed at Strathmore as a "feeder" club. Yes he won't play any games as his been appointed captain of Richmond VFL. If they paid him a sign on then Strathmore are either desperate or silly..It's not the players fault if they offer it.
Just on Cachia I have seen a lot of him over the years and have met him. I can tell you if he was going to play local footy he would be chased by every club (as won't be tied to Strathmore) and I would have him as my highest paid as he would kill em. Perfect type for local and tough, well bit mad actually on the field. I love his style..

Premier division previews
Northern saints V West Coburg
this is one of those important games to stay in premier. Northern on the back of the Caruso brothers will win for mine by 22 points.

Avondale Heights V Pascoe Vale
Warren & pollizi V Galea & rose
The midfield depth might just weigh in pascoe vales hands but AVONDALE heights I believe have better players accoss the board. Avondale by 16 points

Aberfeldie V Greenvale
With what was a disappointing season last season I'm sure greenvale would like to make an early statement but I don't think it will be week 1. Abers too strong 24 point winners.

Marby V strathmore
Strathmore couldn't be 0-2 could they? Marby look to start well can there new boys cause an upset?? I don't think so, strathmore to be far to strong strathmore by 35

Keilor V Airport West.
Fall from grace for airport west. 2 years ago fell a game short of a premier division grand final now they might struggle. Keilor take huge confidence from last weeks win and will be 2-0 with a 33 point win.

this is one of those important games to stay in premier. Northern on the back of the Caruso brothers will win for mine by 22 points.

The midfield depth might just weigh in pascoe vales hands but AVONDALE heights I believe have better players accoss the board. Avondale by 16 points

Aberfeldie V Greenvale
With what was a disappointing season last season I'm sure greenvale would like to make an early statement but I don't think it will be week 1. Abers too strong 24 point winners.

Marby V strathmore
Strathmore couldn't be 0-2 could they? Marby look to start well can there new boys cause an upset?? I don't think so, strathmore to be far to strong strathmore by 35

Keilor V Airport West.
Fall from grace for airport west. 2 years ago fell a game short of a premier division grand final now they might struggle. Keilor take huge confidence from last weeks win and will be 2-0 with a 33 point win.
Spot on reviews CPTG.
I would have predicted the same. (margins as well).
Looking fwd to round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aberfeldie V Greenvale

Marby V strathmore

Keilor V Airport West.

Good review mate, really like your work.

I believe Pacco will send a statement to the league by beating Avondale in what will be a great high scoring contest. The question will be, do Pacco have "suitable" defenders to contain Galea & Rose. Keep them to under 10 goals and Pacco win.
Pacco by 15pts

Greenvale to best Abers as they will come out all guns blazing I reckon. I reckon a physical opening 10mins. Recruited well and if they all play well will beat Abers.
Greenvale by 4pts

Strathmore to beat Marby. I hear Shaun Wyhatt got injured in a practice match and will miss between 6-8 weeks. A big loss for Marby. I wasnt convinced by Strathmore on Friday but they should get over Marby.
Strathmore by 36pts

Northern Saints v West Coburg could go either way.

Surely Keilor will beat Airport West but only by 3-5 goals.

Great first round coming up..

To all footy followers there is a twilight match in div2 starting at 5pm.
Keilor Park vs Roxburgh Park if anyone is up for a Sat double header..

Boys Google Local Footy Rumours and watch/listen to the coaches speech of the team wearing Victoria bitter jumpers. Absolute cracker!!
Hey Turbs,

How is Hollow looking at Marby? Gun player and GV/VCFL rep last year but left Rochy after one year, and Tatura after one year prior to that. Ky looking ok, Burston might be anything for them.

Will try and keep you updated on Shermo. Shit fight up here after first Rochy/Echuca round.

Ladder prediction

Abers
Strathmore
Greenvale
PascoeVale
Keilor
Avondale Hts
Marby
West Coburg
Nth Coburg
Apw

Other than Aberfeldie who I see definitely finishing top 2 I find it hard to split the next 5 teams,
Which brings me to the question of when will the EDFL bring in a final five. Cannot see any reason for continuing with a final four especially given the money invested by clubs and the time given by volunteers.

Hey Turbs,

How is Hollow looking at Marby? Gun player and GV/VCFL rep last year but left Rochy after one year, and Tatura after one year prior to that. Ky looking ok, Burston might be anything for them.

Will try and keep you updated on Shermo. Shit fight up here after first Rochy/Echuca round.

Hey Silver,
I've seen a bit of Jimmy Hollow over the years and he does chase the money around but his a very good player. Runs all day, tough and gives you everything he has. Also rarely misses games. Jimmy is getting on a bit now.

If it's Billy Burston from Port with the long hair and usually wears 39 his also a good player.

I'm interested to see how Shermo goes, so thanks.

Yeah been reading the post on the trouble up there.. I'm sure you boys will keep me informed.

Cheers mate..

Ladder prediction

Abers
Strathmore
Greenvale
PascoeVale
Keilor
Avondale Hts
Marby
West Coburg
Nth Coburg
Apw

Other than Aberfeldie who I see definitely finishing top 2 I find it hard to split the next 5 teams,
Which brings me to the question of when will the EDFL bring in a final five. Cannot see any reason for continuing with a final four especially given the money invested by clubs and the time given by volunteers.

North Coburg don't exist anymore, if they did lets face it they'd be in div 2.

My tips:

AH by 14 only because it's at home.
Abers by 8
Strathmore by 26
West Coburg by 34
Keilor by 57

Yes it's Avondales home ground, but I believe Pacco had an early training session on the ground today for players in line for senior selection. They had training then lunch. Really want to win the first game and get off to a good start.. Lol

Yes it's Avondales home ground, but I believe Pacco had an early training session on the ground today for players in line for senior selection. They had training then lunch. Really want to win the first game and get off to a good start.. Lol
Doesn't anyone work these days .
Either that or Pacco paying them to much, LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Back