Edfl top 6 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Nyora tend to not really spend much money. Still more than Garfield though, lol.

Yep i reckon your right. Good club garfield are.

We would love to spend the money catani and cora lynn are rumoured too each season but we just cant afford to so it hard to stay top 4 for a long time without a lot of cash behind ya.

We were lucky in the last few years with so many talented local and mates who played for less than other clubs cos they loved the place so much, that the way we can be successful, can never match the other clubs for $$.

That's basically Garfield's strategy as well. You get the odd ones who go and chase coin, like the Soumalis boys, but they have every right to, as they paid their due. No doubt they'll go back one day, and take a very considerable pay cut. Blokes like Ben Marsh or Tom Marsh could be very well paid players in this league, but they stay for loyalty. Good on 'em, I say.

I agree. I am sure we paid a fair bit when we won the flags and some blokes were on good coin but there were plenty that could have earned a lot more other places but they stuck it out for success.

Not a lot of money being spent at nyora this year pal. I doubt there would be a player over 300 a game.

C'mon mate,your kidding. I dont want to get into a tit for tat but Youle and Too Too are 400+, and the fellas from Doveton, Thomas, Wilson and McCloy wouldnt be cheap.

I know all clubs spend money but dont come on here posting silly statements like that if you dont know!

C'mon mate,your kidding. I dont want to get into a tit for tat but Youle and Too Too are 400+, and the fellas from Doveton, Thomas, Wilson and McCloy wouldnt be cheap.

I know all clubs spend money but dont come on here posting silly statements like that if you dont know!

They are not $400 plus at all. Youle is assistant coach and Corrie Wilson is coach so no idea what they get. Fia is less than last time at nyora.

McCloy wouldnt be on much at all, Thomas and Bull Wilson the same.

Want us to start throwing a few catani figures in the air then that a "rumoured" like what your doing here.

Fine but you said no-one is over 300 which i can tell you is not correct. Stand by what i said. And the Catani rumours, not sure what your getting at there. If you have some goss on them spill it, makes interesting reading on here.

Coaches maybe more than 300 but i dont think any player is. Would be safe to say we are not spending a lot this year, wouldnt be as much as when we won the flags. Most those doveton blokes came for a change and cos there mate was coach and probably get a little bit of cash. Got some others back like fairbank on nothing, and a few young blokes have stepped up to senior football.

You will just say its all crap but paying players over $1000 a game is crazy when you will not win a GF.

Oh ok i get it,the Catani dig was because you think im involved there. Only know about Youle and Too too through a friend of theirs. They dont exactly keep it secret.

That's basically Garfield's strategy as well. You get the odd ones who go and chase coin, like the Soumalis boys, but they have every right to, as they paid their due. No doubt they'll go back one day, and take a very considerable pay cut. Blokes like Ben Marsh or Tom Marsh could be very well paid players in this league, but they stay for loyalty. Good on 'em, I say.

Come on Matthew you of all people should know thats the Soumalis's didnt chase coin. They left Garfield because of football politics which involved there family. Great blokes and dont deserve there name to be thrown into such things, why did half the team leave the same year?? Chasing coin aswell??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe it, but you are not correct on something. Was nowhere near footy on Saturday, and never been near Catani in years. Youle, Too too info came from a former player. Thats all you get.

I don't care if Youle is Coach, President, CEO, Secretary, Treasurer and Groundkeeper. There is no way he should be payed $400 a game. I am still assuming that was a misprint stinger.

I cant believe it, but you are not correct on something. Was nowhere near footy on Saturday, and never been near Catani in years. Youle, Too too info came from a former player. Thats all you get.

Knock of off clown, for someone who hasnt been to catani in years you comment about them a lot and know a lot about the clubl. Even care enough to comment on southern footy league board about catani players. If you not involved why would you care so much?

And how can ya tip a bloke like justin evans top 3 in a league medal when ya dont follow the footy. Mate he is so over rated, clearly your from catani.

Knock of off clown, for someone who hasnt been to catani in years you comment about them a lot and know a lot about the clubl. Even care enough to comment on southern footy league board about catani players. If you not involved why would you care so much?

And how can ya tip a bloke like justin evans top 3 in a league medal when ya dont follow the footy. Mate he is so over rated, clearly your from catani.

Well where do i start. Firstly, as i said before, anything posted about Catani including Youle and Too too on over 400 a game is info i hear from a mate who has played at Catani and still gets there a bit. So i hear more and know more about them then most other clubs. End of story.

Obviously youve looked at previous posts so you will see i have regularily posted about nearly all EDFL clubs plus Drouin, Warragul and Doveton. Just stuff i hear.

Lastly, if you have a look, 3 or 4 other people had j evans finishing in their top 5, does that mean they are clearly from Catani? No, just got it wrong like me.

And Surkin yes, Youle is on 400+, and Too too at that or just below.

Dusties37 Come on Matthew you of all people should know thats the Soumalis's didnt chase coin. They left Garfield because of football politics which involved there family. Great blokes and dont deserve there name to be thrown into such things, why did half the team leave the same year?? Chasing coin aswell??

I probably worded that incorrectly. Previously, they may have stayed through all that bullshit, but they were now at a point in their careers, where they felt they no longer had to display the loyalty that they had in the past.

Even if you heard a figure from the player themselves, you know there is often a big difference between what people say they're being paid and what they actually are, particularly with some players.

They over-estimate for a number of reasons.
a) to leave a club 'for more money' when it's really because the don't like the club and can't be stuffed telling them that.
b)too keep their price up for next year
c) some people just like to big-note themselves.

Many also underestimate, or both, depending on who they're talking to.

I don't mind speculation and rumour-mongering, but when you come on here and have a go at people with 3rd hand information which is probably wrong at the source, you're drawing a long bow.

Stinger2, i'll be thousands that Saint Leo is closer to the money than you are. So he doesn't 'know' but you do 'know' because you heard it from a friend of a friend? Get real.

I probably worded that incorrectly. Previously, they may have stayed through all that bullshit, but they were now at a point in their careers, where they felt they no longer had to display the loyalty that they had in the past.

Well said ;)

6th spot down to Neerim and Nyora now. You would think Nyora are going to have to win 2 extra games in the last 7 rounds because of their poor percentage.

NEERIM'S RUN HOME
Cora Lynn
Bye
Buln Buln
KWR
Lang Lang
Ellinbank
Nilma Darnum

NYORA'S RUN HOME
Ellinbank
Nilma Darnum
Bunyip
Garfield
Longwarry
Dusties
Bye

Neerim probably going to have to drop a few they should win if Nyora are going to make it.

Neerim have a fairly easy draw, should win the last 5 so think they will get the last spot. Would be good for nyora if we could win most on the way home and maybe upset garfield or dusties and put some pressure on NNS.

Things would have to go terribly wrong up at Neerim for them to miss from here.

What about top 2? As we know, with this ridiculous top 6 finals system, it's very hard to win the flag from out of the top 2 so its fairly important.

Cora Lynn and NNG have had a couple of results go there way over the past couple of weeks. Garfield losing to Nilma and the Dusties draw with Ellinbank.

Cora Lynn don't play any of the top four for the remainder of the year.
NNG, Garfield and Dusties all have to play each other yet.

So you'd think Cora Lynn would be a certaintly for top two. NNG have a game and percentage on Garfield and 1-1/2 on Dusties.

Are NNG a moral to make it or do we think Garfield and Dusties are a chance still?

goon will finish ahead of stars,we are ayoung team and may well tire by end of year.also if we get 5 or 6 injuries our depth is non existence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Edfl top 6 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back