Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion- Holy S**t he is back!

Remove this Banner Ad

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello all it’s been a minute, inspired by the comeback of PMBangers I’ve decided to return with a thread once again.

Now I can’t say I’ll have as much informed opinion as previous years with other commitments preventing me going to as many live games but i still try to find time to watch footage to keep informed.

Don’t expect any fancy pants rankings visuals this time around also with the nature of my current role sorry if i can only give vague replies from time to time.

My top 30 as of July
IMG_2707.png

Hello all it’s been a minute, inspired by the comeback of PMBangers I’ve decided to return with a thread once again.

Now I can’t say I’ll have as much informed opinion as previous years with other commitments preventing me going to as many live games but i still try to find time to watch footage to keep informed.

Don’t expect any fancy pants rankings visuals this time around also with the nature of my current role sorry if i can only give vague replies from time to time.

My top 30 as of July
View attachment 2055764
Bo Allan top 4!!!! Wowee, kicking not enough of a concern to knock him down a bit more?

Bo Allan top 4!!!! Wowee, kicking not enough of a concern to knock him down a bit more?
His kicking is fine when he isn’t under immediate pressure. His attributes as a potential big bodied inside mid are rare, he is strong/competitive/athletic and his versatility would make him a guaranteed starter at AFL level next year imo.

His kicking is fine when he isn’t under immediate pressure. His attributes as a potential big bodied inside mid are rare, he is strong/competitive/athletic and his versatility would make him a guaranteed starter at AFL level next year imo.
Physically ready as well from what I saw, really strong through the chest and shoulders already and looked very at home at WAFL level whenever he's been able to play (and Peel havent had one of their 50 byes). Now I'm really keen to see just how high he goes

Sorry, who are you? And who is the player in the top five that you have least confidence in?
Thanks for the kind words, honestly I have a fair bit of confidence in all of them. The one I have the most confidence in being a very good player is Jagga Smith but I believe all 5 can be elite players at the next level.

I don't think Allan's kicking is bad at all.

However he often kicks long instead of hitting an easy 15 metre pass. Maybe that's a flaw? I don't know?

I still believe that long kicks can work, if done with some thought and to the advantageous side of the forward.

Hopefully the days of trusting a talented forward to take a big grab aren't over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m no longer with RMC but still love their work

I have Ben very close to top 30 and Lucas is certainly draftable. Ben’s kicking is his main issue and he doesn’t really have the athletic attributes to really make up for it, he is a hard worker in the middle and is very clean by hand so he certainly has some strong traits.

Lucas again doesn’t have those athletic traits and kicking is a bit loopy but he is a smart player and keeps his width really well on a wing which will certainly be his role at the next level.

What are your thoughts on Smillie & FOS seasons so far?
Smillie has had a strong season, a little below his best at the champs but still managed to average a touch under 20 touches and something like 6 clearances a game. Averaging 27 and over a goal a game at CTL level is pretty good going for the style of player he is.

Finn has had some injury issues and a form slump at the wrong time but you just have to see his body of work since 16s to know he is an elite level talent being able to do things some players in this draft aren’t capable of.

Smillie has had a strong season, a little below his best at the champs but still managed to average a touch under 20 touches and something like 6 clearances a game. Averaging 27 and over a goal a game at CTL level is pretty good going for the style of player he is.

Finn has had some injury issues and a form slump at the wrong time but you just have to see his body of work since 16s to know he is an elite level talent being able to do things some players in this draft aren’t capable of.
Which one of Smillie, FOS and Smith do you think suit Richmond the most?

Which one of Smillie, FOS and Smith do you think suit Richmond the most?
Personally I think you have enough pure inside midfielders developing on the list so a player with a good balance and or great finishing skills by hand and foot would be the preference imo. O’Sullivan of those 3 I think suits best but even someone like Xavier Lindsay would fit in really well with what you already have.

I also think goal kicking midfielders would have to be an option and Smillie does offer that but a bit lower down the order you have the likes of Tom Gross, Murphy Reid, Cooper Hynes and Harvey Langford.

Right across the industry Im surprised at the lack of love for Zak Johnson. Admittedly he had a quieter championships playing across HB, but his Coates League games and stats have been as good as most of the top 20. He is reasonably quick, good over head and uses the ball well I cant see why he hasnt featured in any top 30?

Right across the industry Im surprised at the lack of love for Zak Johnson. Admittedly he had a quieter championships playing across HB, but his Coates League games and stats have been as good as most of the top 20. He is reasonably quick, good over head and uses the ball well I cant see why he hasnt featured in any top 30?
He has likely suffered because of the midfield depth that Metro had, I think he has handled his role change well at half back. I do rate his leadership qualities and considering he was one of the younger players in this draft crop that’s fairly impressive.

Would love to see how he goes playing midfield against the likes of a full strength Sandringham/Oakleigh with so many top end midfield talents

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft eDPS Rankings & Draft Discussion- Holy S**t he is back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back