Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, in all seriousness, I would be genuinely excited about reading about your stand out players on RmC.

The Claremont (1st) v West Perth (3rd) looks like a great game. Claremont with all their stars and West Perth who have a whole bunch of very talented below agers.

And of course there is the battle between Kayle Gerreyn and Aiden Riddle. Somehow I don't see Kayle getting 30 possessions against the Claremont big man.
It was half tongue in cheek because both Senor Alvaro and myself like the idea, and it'll happen with this game

Not sure about the others, but there was a perception that Sheezel would be a flight risk due to his strong family and community ties to Melbourne
Jason McCarntney GWS football manager on trade radio after the trade to pick one was done quoted as

“ I completely understand why West Coast go from 2 and move out to the mid part of the 1st round. It’s exactly the same reason why we want to get from 3 and get to one. Because when your an interstate club and the draft board is predominantly littered with Victorian talent, you’ve got some risk there.”

“You might think it’s fine and you just pick this player and get them into your environmen/system and you think it’s all fine, but if there’s apprehension from a player right from the word go about making the move interstate and they may go home, you just can’t take the risk unfortunately.”

Then asked by Twomey are you drafting from a different draft pool?

“ yeah the draft pool for us and other interstate clubs isn’t the same draft pool, and that’s okay that’s the reality we are not complaining about it, but we do have to look at things a little differently.
Everyone can throw up the players and we love all the players that are being talked about, but some we can’t pick that’s the reality.”

“ you have some guys that are really quite bullish about moving interstate and you’ve got some that rightfully and probably more comfortable to stay at home. It is a different draft pool that some of us look at compared to the Victorian teams”

End quotes

Interesting to see Jonty Faull playing down back and doing the kicking in for Ballarat Grammar against Emmanuel College at DSV Stadium this arvo. Floyd Burmeister dominant around the ground and in ruck.....wind playing havoc.

Interesting to see Jonty Faull playing down back and doing the kicking in for Ballarat Grammar against Emmanuel College at DSV Stadium this arvo. Floyd Burmeister dominant around the ground and in ruck.....wind playing havoc.
I wouldn’t mind seeing him play down back, might just be his role at the next level.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him play down back, might just be his role at the next level.

If he doesn't make it as a forward, he always has another position to Faull back on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason McCarntney GWS football manager on trade radio after the trade to pick one was done quoted as

“ I completely understand why West Coast go from 2 and move out to the mid part of the 1st round. It’s exactly the same reason why we want to get from 3 and get to one. Because when your an interstate club and the draft board is predominantly littered with Victorian talent, you’ve got some risk there.”

“You might think it’s fine and you just pick this player and get them into your environmen/system and you think it’s all fine, but if there’s apprehension from a player right from the word go about making the move interstate and they may go home, you just can’t take the risk unfortunately.”

“ yeah the draft pool for us and other interstate clubs isn’t the same draft pool, and that’s okay that’s the reality we are not complaining about it, but we do have to look at things a little differently.
Everyone can throw up the players and we love all the players that are being talked about, but some we can’t pick that’s the reality.”

“ you have some guys that are really quite bullish about moving interstate and you’ve got some that rightfully and probably more comfortable to stay at home. It is a different draft pool that some of us look at compared to the Victorian teams”

End quotes
Im glad he came out and said it too.

It was half tongue in cheek because both Senor Alvaro and myself like the idea, and it'll happen with this game
I'll provide full guernsey numbers for both teams on Friday. Claremont will be missing 4 or 5 due to PSA which ends soon but they have 50 good players to choose from despite that....everyone else has 20-30. Although I said WP is full of below agers, they still have Kayle Gerreyn, Jack Wooden, Jayden Rigoll, Austin Chapman and Trent Hiscock.....so some experience to match the Monts. I can't watch footy without a team sheet. Hopefully you can print it out.

Why wouldn't WCE have a serious look at Bo Allan, seems to be trending upwards in most media ratings?

Certainly wouldn't be disappointed if the Crows were to have a serious look at him....sane go home factor for the Crows as Draper would have for the WCE.
Come draft time the media will be insisting the eagles take him by any means possible just like they did with curtin

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll provide full guernsey numbers for both teams on Friday. Claremont will be missing 4 or 5 due to PSA which ends soon but they have 50 good players to choose from despite that....everyone else has 20-30. Although I said WP is full of below agers, they still have Kayle Gerreyn, Jack Wooden, Jayden Rigoll, Austin Chapman and Trent Hiscock.....so some experience to match the Monts. I can't watch footy without a team sheet. Hopefully you can print it out.
The luxury of dual monitors will see me through

If he doesn't make it as a forward, he always has another position to Faull back on.
evil kimmy gibbler GIF by Fuller House
:p

End quotes

Way over stated tbh.

Victorian clubs would have Draper lower for the same reason.

North had Logan McDonald further down their board for the same reason and were crucified for it, not applauded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back