EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a tidy bow on the whole thing. It's been wrapped in crumpled brown paper secured with duct tape and shoved into a drawer in the hope everyone will forget and move on.
er, no it hasn't. It's been heard by a tribunal chaired by retired judges. The proper process.

Other then money and reputation.....

I dont think WADA or ASADA care too much about costs.

It does look like the tribunal failed to take into account attempted use, and only covered actual use. Based on the summary released today.

Will need to see the exact reasons for the decision in detail.

Surely they didn't fail to consider something so blatant.

Sorry mate but it is true: the majority of people think you got away with it, not that your club did nothing wrong.

This is Hird's legacy to your club. Your club: not Hird's, not Little's, not Reid's, not the player's. Your club.
So true. Every time i see Hird from now on, all i will think of is this sham. Everyone wants to just get on with the footy now. That still will not happen until he moves on.

AFLJustice_zpsonqne5hp.jpg
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ASADA could not prove specific players were injected with TB4.

This does not make the EFC or their players "innocent".

Until all the evidence is made public to prove otherwise - most people (except EFC supporters) will still see EFC as a devious club that tried to cheat and still can't tell their players exactly what they were injected with.

If you don't believe me - ask Hal Hunter or Paddy Ryder.

While we're handing out pats on the back, during my time of frequenting the HTB to try to represent the Essendon side of things, you mxett were a beacon of light.
Through all the bullying and derision and ridicule you copped, you managed to maintain a reasoned calm perserverance that was an example to all the crazed foamers who tried to shout you down.
You, among many others, deserve your moment of vindication and praise.
Well done.
I am genuinely smiling from ear to ear, its awesome. Thanks for your kind words

It's fairly blatant, isn't it. I wait with interest to hear what he says at his presser tomorrow; and with even more interest to to find if Dank's verdict cast light on the comment.
I think he'd be well advised to change his language and tact tomorrow. I cannot believe their lawyers let him put that in a press release.

I'm shocked - any respect I had left for the afl and it's integrity department has now gone out the window.
So tell me once more, what was it that the EFC self reported on
While my opinion is worthless, I will always think of the essendon football club as cheats - no amount of media spin will change that

I don't see how anyone can be. It's a Pyrrhic victory at the very least. The club's reputation is forever blackened and supporters are behaving like the club has been absolved of all sin.

At the most any level headed supporter should be happy to have gotten away with it, but insist the club removes Hird and Reid at the very least to avoid even the slimmest chance that such a shambolic program will ever be run at the club again.

Rubbish.

absolutely. But the only way is up now

Nah. This is a curse. Essendon would have been better off copping it. The rest of the AFL will think Essendon is a cheating club. Say you don't care, but you will.

Me personally, I have been bloody lucky over the past decade barracking for Geelong. We have had a great run. Other supporters say its been a great team, and respect is important. Those days are fading a bit, but still. It's a good feeling. Essendon will never have that again. Essendon could win the premiership this year, and it would be regarded as a joke by the rest of the AFL. And the year after, and the year after. You got off. But there is a price to be paid that you don't yet know about.

Sorry mate but it is true: the majority of people think you got away with it, not that your club did nothing wrong.

This is Hird's legacy to your club. Your club: not Hird's, not Little's, not Reid's, not the player's. Your club.
Sorry mate but what the majority of people think means absolutely nothing. An independent tribunal was presented with the evidence and found us to be not guilty. It's that simple. We are not drug cheats and the moaning of a few opposition supporters won't change that

er, no it hasn't. It's been heard by a tribunal chaired by retired judges. The proper process.
That's OK, and that is the strict interpretation of things. But you know... no paperwork. No proof that LEGAL drugs actually made it into the syringes either.

If you don't think the smell of an off-site, undocumented injection regime is going to follow the club and players for decades you are being a bit short sighted.

I have a newfound disrespect for most Essendon supporters.

I supported Essendon players and supporters for their hope and ignorance, but they way they have smashed Keeffe, Thomas and Crowley (Freo and Collingwood) when they themselves (both the club and the players) were found guilty of governance issues and a systemic injection program defies belief.
We have a lot of built up frustration and some users are probably taking it out on the wrong people.

Trust me mate you have no idea what it's been like for the last couple of years and the shit we have copped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back