Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk that Downie will likely be traded/delisted. Just grab him for peanuts instead?
That's interesting, I'd probably prefer Flynn as he's probably the more talented and athletic of the two but Downie has done reasonably well in his few chances, so wouldn't mind that.
Tim Watson on SEN this morning hinted (reading between the lines) that Essendon may be after O'Meara... Essendon is willing to trade multiple early draft picks as a trade for #1.

Maybe #1 and #19 +37 (+ 55) to Gold Coast

O'Meara (high risk high reward) and 4+9 to Essendon
It's probably considered an unlikely scenario, but I'd rather just walk him to the PSD. That way there's no trade risk associated with him (i.e. we're not giving anything up for him), and the only cost is cap space. Would also only offer a reasonably short term deal (i.e. 2 years), so that if his body completely breaks down we aren't tied to him for too long.

Ideally requires a deal where there is a dependency on him playing n games and they get next years 1st draft pick + a sweetener.
Not offering next years 1st for anyone, we need talls up forward and that draft will supposedly have a stack of them at the top end.

How many quality talls are we talking about? Don't you need to finish bottom 6 or lower to get a quality key position player. Otherwise its really hit or miss.

Ideally requires a deal where there is a dependency on him playing n games and they get next years 1st draft pick + a sweetener.

Oooh, I'm one of those who hates the idea of trading on first round draft picks so I would definitely not be a fan of that. :)

Maybe they could just give him to us for a 2nd rounder, Ben Howlett + I dunno the current contents of The Phantom's locker.
Mind you The Phantom would be super pissed if that happened so maybe not.

after yesterdays news im not as worried anymore but I think the AFL will award the Lions a priority pick.
If they do it'll be Pick 3. They've stated repeatedly that if we finish last we'll get Pick 1 so they'd look incredibly weak if they suddenly changed that stance. I don't think the Lions deserve a priority pick though to be honest, their on field struggles for mine are entirely down too poor list management (i.e. having too many similar types in the midfield, ignoring the need for tall's until its too late, etc.) and a shitty culture which results in an inability to retain players. In reality giving them a priority pick fixes absolutely nothing. The other big issue is that they're being forced to overpay players because clubs have to pay 95% of the cap each year, which their players know and actively seek to take advantage of that hence why Green and Taylor were asking for 500k when they don't deserve it.

Hell if the struggles for both Queensland teams continue I'd say merge them, call the new team the Gold Coast Lions or something.

If they do it'll be Pick 3. They've stated repeatedly that if we finish last we'll get Pick 1 so they'd look incredibly weak if they suddenly changed that stance. I don't think the Lions deserve a priority pick though to be honest, their on field struggles for mine are entirely down too poor list management (i.e. having too many similar types in the midfield, ignoring the need for tall's until its too late, etc.) and a shitty culture which results in an inability to retain players. In reality giving them a priority pick fixes absolutely nothing. The other big issue is that they're being forced to overpay players because clubs have to pay 95% of the cap each year, which their players know and actively seek to take advantage of that hence why Green and Taylor were asking for 500k when they don't deserve it.

Hell if the struggles for both Queensland teams continue I'd say merge them, call the new team the Gold Coast Lions or something.

Nah, I reckon we put the relocation of Norf back on the table. Its not too late. (joking)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the idea of trading with GC. They are going to get grumpy enough dealing with the Prestia thing, on top of their grumpiness towards Essendon already. Steer clear I reckon.

If the likes of an O'Meara (or any other GC player) wants to come here, then let GC knock on our door - not the other way around. If he doesn't want to come here than whatever. I would hate another situation where Essendon approach Gold Coast with a "have we got a deal for you".
I would rather get involved with the Giants and Fremantle with pick 1 & 19 then anyone else.

How good would it be if we trade our pick 1 and 19 to the suns for their first round and prestia. Them having pick 1 helps their academy picks somehow according to SEN this morning.
To be honest #1 for #8 + Prestia would probably get it done, no need to add #19.

To be honest #1 for #8 + Prestia would probably get it done, no need to add #19.

Could be, but if they need a sweetener it is there for them. Imagine taking him right out of the hands of the Tigers, they would dead set meltdown on their board.

I hate the idea of trading with GC. They are going to get grumpy enough dealing with the Prestia thing, on top of their grumpiness towards Essendon already. Steer clear I reckon.

If the likes of an O'Meara (or any other GC player) wants to come here, then let GC knock on our door - not the other way around. If he doesn't want to come here than whatever. I would hate another situation where Essendon approach Gold Coast with a "have we got a deal for you".
I would rather get involved with the Giants and Fremantle with pick 1 & 19 then anyone else.
GCS (Scott Clayton in particular) is just difficult to deal with in general, if anything I'd say they've taken the "tough to deal with" mantle off us. I definitely agree though that I don't want us deal with them at all if we can help it. Strictly speaking this is the year where if we want one of their OOC players (O'Meara or Prestia), I don't believe theirs any incentive on our part to trade with them especially when both have injury issues. As far as their value is concerned though I'd say Prestia would be worth Pick 7-10, and with O'Meara (because of the injuries) I wouldn't give up more than Pick 10-15.

Could be, but if they need a sweetener it is there for them. Imagine taking him right out of the hands of the Tigers, they would dead set meltdown on their board.
I'd consider Pick 1 + Pick 37 for both of them, but I'd want guarantees with regards to their injuries (and as such I'd be putting trigger clauses in their contracts, particularly O'Meara's with regards to games played, etc.). Ultimately though I'd just prefer not to deal with GCS, would love to have a fit O'Meara or Prestia at the club but would prefer to keep Pick 1. I keep getting shouted down for thinking so, but it's PSD or not at all for mine.

and have a team in Tassie (Wrong thread i know) but it would work.

According to a Tigers fan he's not worth pick 6 lol.
Deledio for Prestia.

when you consider talent/age and where teams are in the prem cycle it makes sense

GC get Deledio who will help them over the next 3-4 years when they should be fighting for a flag (if they can every get a healthy team)

Richmond get Prestia to kickstart their umpteenth rebuild.

I was chatting with a richmond supporting mate last night and he literally only has 10 or 11 players on the do not trade list, the rest he reckons they should see what the market holds for the rest (not much im guessing)

Deledio for Prestia.

when you consider talent/age and where teams are in the prem cycle it makes sense

GC get Deledio who will help them over the next 3-4 years when they should be fighting for a flag (if they can every get a healthy team)

Richmond get Prestia to kickstart their umpteenth rebuild.

I was chatting with a richmond supporting mate last night and he literally only has 10 or 11 players on the do not trade list, the rest he reckons they should see what the market holds for the rest (not much im guessing)
Prestia + Pick 22 for Deledio + Pick 6

Prestia + Pick 22 for Deledio + Pick 6
If I were Richmond I wouldn't do that if I could help it, if they're serious about rebuilding they've got to keep Pick 6 (though all the talk about getting experienced guys like Prestia and Cloke suggests they haven't learned their lesson). If anything they should be looking to add as many top 20-30 picks as possible and then nailing them. Having said that though given they don't have a 2nd rounder it'd be difficult for them to do the deal without Pick 6, their only hope would be to get an early 2nd rounder for one of their OOC players and packaging that with Deledio for Prestia though tbh I think of the OOC player they have, the only one close to being worthy of an early 2nd rounder is Houli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back