Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been following the VFL very closely. Had presumed Steinberg would be gone at the end of the year.

Most people on here appear to think he'll be retained. Surely there is only room for one of him and Pears? Both undersized key backs? Do people see Steinberg as good enough to hold down a key position post in future?

Last edited:

You can have 3 years on the rookie list. Examples: Dell'Olio, Daw

The fact is that Steinberg has had 2 years on the primary list and 2 on the rookie draft - That's four years - Certain that another club will offer Steinberg a primary list spot.

The fact is that Steinberg has had 2 years on the primary list and 2 on the rookie draft - That's four years - Certain that another club will offer Steinberg a primary list spot.

By all reports it appears hes doing enough to get games at another club. A lot of them are hungry for KPD atm.

Haven't been following the VFL very closely. Had presumed Steinberg would be gone at the end of the year.

Most people on here appear to think he'll be retained. Surely there is only room for one of him and Pears? Both undersized key backs? Do people see Steinberg as good enough to hold down a key position post in future?
Steinberg would be clearly leading our B+F.

How much would it cost to persuade someone like Hanley from playing for a shit side where he starts getting angry due to a tag every week and losing to playing for us a side pushing for top 4 and challenging for flag soon if we got him?

Is he even a player tenable?

How much would it cost to persuade someone like Hanley from playing for a shit side where he starts getting angry due to a tag every week and losing to playing for us a side pushing for top 4 and challenging for flag soon if we got him?

Is he even a player tenable?
Believe he signed a fairly long contract last year, could be wrong on this

Believe he signed a fairly long contract last year, could be wrong on this
Think you might be right. Nothing seems to fit really for us. Maybe just keep doing what weve done with drafting and own development.

I just think we have our window in 2015-2016 before GCS and GWS get too strong and should go hard for one more gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley signed a 5 year deal last year. So we'd basically need brisbane to fold.

Watching Zac Merrett do his thing today (and BJ this year) has shown me the value of having genuinely dual sided players, you can never have too many of them.

On that note, I dare say there's a fair chance we'll take Corey Ellis from the jets at 19 if we get the chance, there's a lot of Merrett's footy smarts (perhaps not THAT good) and Merrett's dual sidedness in him, but with a bit of Kavanagh about him (also similar frame to Kav's).

Hanley signed a 5 year deal last year. So we'd basically need brisbane to fold.

Watching Zac Merrett do his thing today (and BJ this year) has shown me the value of having genuinely dual sided players, you can never have too many of them.

On that note, I dare say there's a fair chance we'll take Corey Ellis from the jets at 19 if we get the chance, there's a lot of Merrett's footy smarts (perhaps not THAT good) and Merrett's dual sidedness in him, but with a bit of Kavanagh about him (also similar frame to Kav's).
Agree i love dual sided players and id be targeting them in the draft. Its half of why Mitchell is such an awesome player and why Scotland played as many games as he did.

Its why im big on Taylor.

He is.

Its just our defence is insanely good right now, poor bloke just can't get a gig.

Not so sure. 15 to 20 years ago he would have been brilliant but I would seriously question whether he has the tools to play on the modern era's key forwards and I very much doubt that he has the athleticism to play on the smaller more agile players.

If he was a bigger guy you'd look at him taking resting rucks and zoning off to use his marking. Lowden, for example, got hold of his quite severely considering the conditions. If he had the pace like Morris or Grundy he might be able to play on leading players.

Last edited:
Hmmm I prepared to cop a whack here from the faithful but I have a couple of options for us come trade time.

One is trade pick 18/19 whatever it is for Nick riewoldt, I think Lloyd was on the money when he thought this is a pick there abouts that the saints would consider? It would be a matter of if nick wanted to leave.

positive for us is it gives JD and JC another year to develop and learn from one of the best. Along with Ambrose we'd rival Sydney for best forward line.

second option we trade in first and second pick for top 10 Draft pick and nab Hugh Goddard or best available middy?

Bomber absolutely loves Ariel, rates him highly. One small problem is that Pears is contracted for another year, a like-for-like comparison (position/size).

please explain pick 45? I thought last pick end of round 2 was 36?

we don't have a 2nd round selection.

We were given a compensation pick to be taken at the end of the first round as a bizarre sweetener last year. We're likely to have pick 19-20 and then a pick in the late 40s.

This bloke?

Watching that clip, I'm not entirely sure i want him. the indecision, the skills. I dunno, just find something 'off' about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back