Remove this Banner Ad

kickgoals

Debutant
Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
essendon
Have heard Jesse smith has been elevated, any info. Was seen back at club tonite to sign papers and looked very happy.I hope this is true.

Confirmed a friend of a friend just spoke to jesse and he is rapt. Will be named emergency for this week. You beauty.

Excellent news!!!! Well done Jesse!!! Would be unreal to see him debut this year. Same with Jackson, Bower and Hartlett. It would be grouse to see all 4 to debut in the same game this year!!!

If it's true, then that's great news. I actually rate Ryan Jackson above Smith, but you have to acknowledge this guys determination. He really deserves elevation and might surprise a few. Well done. :)

C4[2]Yo`DooR said:
got the feeling he will be playing this week, they wouldnt have upgraded him for no reason.

Operation: Play Youngers (Tank Games) ;)

I really don't think we're tanking. It's pretty much inevitable that we'll win at least one more game, so the PP won't happen. Best we focus on giving our younger players as much experience as possible. Our recent selection policy has been very good. :)

It is not about who you rate ,it is about the carlton f.c, all these kids are playing for the one reason. It takes all types to make a succesfull team,not all can be 6ft 6 and quick, or jump over tall buildings, all have their own strengths and weaknesses smith, I am sure will not dissapoint, he is super tough, and likened to fletcher from westcoast. Pagan would not even consider him if he thought he was not up to it. His form of late has been exceptional, 27possys against port melbourne 27possys against werribee and 25 possys against boxhill suggests that he is ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fantastic news.
Lets hope he does play a 2 or 3 senior games before the end of the season and see how he goes. Another hard at it midfielder certainly would not go astray.

C4[2]Yo`DooR said:
got the feeling he will be playing this week, they wouldnt have upgraded him for no reason.

Operation: Play Youngers (Tank Games) ;)

Thats crap. What's the point. If the PP's were before the first rnd you could mount an argument for it, but no, it's not worth tanking games just to get an extra pick in the draft at pick 18 or whatever.
personally I think we should try and trade someone like Bentick for a 1st or 2nd draft pick IMO.
I would rather we go down and trade up for picks then tank games.
Losing has gone on too long at Carlton.

The club is shopping him around and think they can get a 2nd rnd pick for him. Also houlihan is on the trading bloke.
I can't wait for us to get Gumby though, although we have to patient with him as with Josh Kennedy. The club is red-hot on Gumby.

Hope it true about Smith, would hate to see him leave at the end of the year and get picked up by someone else and become a great player. As for picking Gumbleton, personally i would be happy with Gibbs, Hansen or gumbleton they would all add to our list and are all quality players.

celtic_pride said:
Thats crap. What's the point. If the PP's were before the first rnd you could mount an argument for it, but no, it's not worth tanking games just to get an extra pick in the draft at pick 18 or whatever.

Pick 18 in this draft is as good as a top 10 pick in any other draft

celtic_pride said:
personally I think we should try and trade someone like Bentick for a 1st or 2nd draft pick IMO.

will never receive a 1st rounder for Bentick

celtic_pride said:
I would rather we go down and trade up for picks then tank games.
Losing has gone on too long at Carlton.

weve been losing for 4 years or so already at Carlton, you think 3 worthless games will seriously make any difference ? - short term pain, for long term gain[/quote]

it's about time a kid has been elevated. it would have been flint first before his injury but good luck to smith if it's true. i watched him closely against werribee a few weeks back and he was outstanding so he deserves his elevation. :thumbsu:

Kooley said:
it's about time a kid has been elevated. it would have been flint first before his injury but good luck to smith if it's true. i watched him closely against werribee a few weeks back and he was outstanding so he deserves his elevation. :thumbsu:

Do you think both Jackson and Flint will be elevated at the end of the year? I guess we have the option of keeping them on the rookie list next year.

HugeBluesFan said:
Do you think both Jackson and Flint will be elevated at the end of the year? I guess we have the option of keeping them on the rookie list next year.
i think both will be carlton next year. whether they are elevated or retained on the rookie i don't know. jackson has shown more this year than what jesse smith did last year and flint has been a consistent good player in the bullant's seniors so they both deserve another opportunity.

Yesterday was the last date rookies can be elevated to be able to play this year. So if true he can play but doesn't mean he will. If Jackson wasn't elevated also then means he can't play this year. Think the same thing happened 2 years ago with Bentick & Carrazzo, who ended up being given games because we had a lot of injuries.

Some doubt about Wiggins atm so you never know Smith might play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Elevated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back