Unofficial Preview Elimination Final : Changes against The Swans - University Of Tas - Saturday 15:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We come out and try play with the winning formula used in this year's derby at the SCG by clogging up the corridor and handballing our way around and we'll get smacked on the bigger oval. We come out and try play like we did in the second derby and we'll get run off our feet. Over to you Leon.
The second Derby was a great example of two teams executing their various game plans. We nailed ours in the first half and they nailed theirs. Was a great game.

I can see us coming out and using our bigger bodies to really be physical. Now that could hurt us if they get the ball to the outside quickly. We want stoppages.. particularly in the forward half where we can set up behind it. They will want easy ball to the outside runners. It will be a great contest

I think the big question is do we run a hard tag on Parker. Without JPK their inside rotations look lite. Ash has been tagging recently but more in an outside capacity and we have been going head to head in the centre bounces etc. If MDB tags he will be at the coalface trying to limit Parker's extraction.

The down side to this is playing MDB in the midfield pushed TT forward more... ward to the wing more... cogs (and green if selected) will also need to play forward more to allow MDb midfield minutes... and I dont like that.

The second Derby was a great example of two teams executing their various game plans. We nailed ours in the first half and they nailed theirs. Was a great game.

I can see us coming out and using our bigger bodies to really be physical. Now that could hurt us if they get the ball to the outside quickly. We want stoppages.. particularly in the forward half where we can set up behind it. They will want easy ball to the outside runners. It will be a great contest

I think the big question is do we run a hard tag on Parker. Without JPK their inside rotations look lite. Ash has been tagging recently but more in an outside capacity and we have been going head to head in the centre bounces etc. If MDB tags he will be at the coalface trying to limit Parker's extraction.

The down side to this is playing MDB in the midfield pushed TT forward more... ward to the wing more... cogs (and green if selected) will also need to play forward more to allow MDb midfield minutes... and I dont like that.
I like the idea of Cogs playing a run with role against Parker allowing him to go to head to head at the stoppages, it's a role we've seen Cogs have success in before, it also means MDB doesn't clog up someone's else midfield time and can be used as a pressure forward (or hopefully left out of the team) giving more freedom to run Kelly, TT, Green (maybe) and Ward through there.

I like the idea of Cogs playing a run with role against Parker allowing him to go to head to head at the stoppages, it's a role we've seen Cogs have success in before, it also means MDB doesn't clog up someone's else midfield time and can be used as a pressure forward (or hopefully left out of the team) giving more freedom to run Kelly, TT, Green (maybe) and Ward through there.
That could happen. The thing with assigning him a run with role is he will have to play long minutes and won't push forward. To e honest I can't see cogs coming back from a long injury lay off to do that. They might meet head to head but cogs will split his time mid/forward 50/50 IMO

There's a fair bit of evidence for that. Rd 3 against Melbourne, Rd 6 against the Bulldogs, R9 against Richmond, R18 against Sydney, R20 against Port. All these teams ran over the top of us in the second half, and except Richmond they're all top 8 sides.

How do we stop it happening?

We punch on !!

Just kidding…… kinda

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Green to miss for me. It’s a big ground and the swans killed us on the outside last time.

I’m torn with Davis as I think he is in our best 22 however the matchup with Buddy is perfect for Stein. Tall athletic defender to pick up when he roams and then swap with Taylor inside the forward 50
Buddy's first scratch match back from injury, he had Stein on him, and he kept him quiet. Both Taylor and Stein together should be able to keep him out of the game. I don't think Phil is 100% match fit. But you never know. I suppose we all wait with baited breath to see the start list.

Via BigFooty mobile app.

Just to say the team should go in confident with their form.
After the R22defeat, Richmond boss Dimma said the Giants were the best team they had faced this year, and went on to say "good luck' (tongue in cheek) to any team facing 'the' GWS in the finals.
Super proud that the boys have made finals; would love them to maintain the intensity for the full four 1/4's this weekend.

There is nothing "just" about Achilles tendonitis.
Ranges from very uncomfortable to horrendously unbearable and debilitating
Of course. But that is just inflammation. Its not a tear/ strain or damage. This is why he keeps getting named... because its only pain and it is unlikely to get worse

Coming around to the idea of seeing MDB play a defensive role on Dawson (maybe Llyod) similar to how Buntine played on Stewart against Geelong, think our midfield is certainly good enough to go to head to head with theirs (especially if Mills and JPK don't get up) this keeps MDB out of the midfield not clogging up valuable spots for the better ball winners. Sydney are such a great team at playing fast footy and spreading teams out, with Dawson particularly being so great at distributing the ball down field.

Just to say the team should go in confident with their form.
After the R22defeat, Richmond boss Dimma said the Giants were the best team they had faced this year, and went on to say "good luck' (tongue in cheek) to any team facing 'the' GWS in the finals.
Super proud that the boys have made finals; would love them to maintain the intensity for the full four 1/4's this weekend.

Agreed.

The biggest thing that worries me about this game is how very high the Swans are likely to lift.

Longmire and co must have so much scar tissue from the previous two finals losses to us that 4 qtrs of high intensity from them is a given.

This is going to be a brutal match.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the changes make sense, Kennedy is a real shame, he’s been really good. Poor lad has no luck with injuries.

Would of been happy with Reid as emergency and keep Bruhn in. Has played well.

Until Next season Briggs is not going to get a decent run of games.

Terrible for Kenner’s.

First time in a while we've got a fully loaded mid-field intrested to see how it plays out, likely more Kelly on the wing which I like but leaves us a bit same-speedy on the ball, no excuse to not smash them around the contest with Mills and JPK out.

Would of been happy with Reid as emergency and keep Bruhn in. Has played well.

Until Next season Briggs is not going to get a decent run of games.

Terrible for Kenner’s.
Bruhn just unfortunate we got too many mids with them all back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back