Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

In the Eliminator Competition my three scores have been

1600 won by 30 points
2111 won by plenty
2015 won by plenty

I think Im there for the killing but , playing someone ranked Eliminator 9500 to my ranking of 22500 ... I havent got Ablett and needed to trade out Anthony , which I did for Palmer ( Cash Up ) . If I get desperate on Friday may trade Judd up to Ablett . No point really but as my Eliminator killing is a matter of time ! The Best teams should win the Eliminator also ! I have Swan but ;)

Wow you were lucky to win with a score of 1600. I copped a team made after Rd 2. Scored 2.138 last round but averages only 1.405. He has a good team, but entering after Rd 2 is cheating really. Oh well, if I beat him it will make it even sweeter.

I think I'm in a fair bit of trouble as his eliminator ranking is about 13,000 places above mine. Eliminator isn't my priority but I'd love to last another round.

In the lower half of the draw this week after a 2057 last week but have been lucky enough to vs a guy (Braydens All Stars) with an average 200 below mine. He does have Ablett and Chapman though which will make it close as I have neither, but I'm in with a good chance.

Opponent has forward line issues (Hitchcock, Danger and Brennan, as well as Staker) and the backline is weighed down by Ladson and Schoenmakers IMO, but midfield is decent. Not a bad team for someone ranked about 25'000 th, but hopefully I can get the job done.

Comparing rankings I should account for my opponent with ease...(it looks like a federer vs todd woodbridge) style showdown.

Anyone here Redders Runts?
Overall ranking of 89,766
Eliminator Ranking in Round 7: 30332
Average Points per round: 1813

My team: Fatboys
Overall ranking of 685
Eliminator Ranking in Round 7: 426
Average Points per round: 2090

Versing Bigredisback this week, presumably the one on bigfooty :p

Toughest elim opponent by far, averages about 9 points more than me this year.
We both have pods out, he has the brennan injury and ladson omission with good cover.

The mids is basically Gibbs vs Swan.
I'd back my rucks (Sandi, Kruez vs Hille, NicNat) to give his a bath.

Quietly confident but should be a cracker.

I am playing someone this week who has averaged 1833 for the year, nearly 200 points less than me. Has no bench in any position (just picked random rookies at 77k), and has Steven King in his rucks.:eek: Can't believe this guy has gotten through to round 4, my luck I guess.:thumbsu:

Hit the absolute jackpot this week, my opponent is ranked 208,677 overall and averages 1393. Hasnt got any of GAJ, Swan, Bartel but does have probably the best ruck combo available right now in Sandi/Cox. Scored 2021 last week and has Buddy and Danger back this week. Quietly confident.

Hit the absolute jackpot this week, my opponent is ranked 208,677 overall and averages 1393. Hasnt got any of GAJ, Swan, Bartel but does have probably the best ruck combo available right now in Sandi/Cox. Scored 2021 last week and has Buddy and Danger back this week. Quietly confident.
How on earth did he get 2021 last week then?:eek:

I dunno why anyone would even give a shit about the Eliminator, the prize is so pitiful. Surely they can dish out something better than 1k prize money?

inb4 'you're bitter for being eliminated'; I'm still in, just think the comp is a crock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno why anyone would even give a shit about the Eliminator, the prize is so pitiful. Surely they can dish out something better than 1k prize money?

inb4 'you're bitter for being eliminated'; I'm still in, just think the comp is a crock.

I don't think the prize is anywhere near enough to base your trading strategy on winning Eliminator. But I certainly wouldn't knock back $1000. Just a handy bonus if you manage to stay in.

The biggest weekly score for the year is far more tantalising.

$10,000 as opposed to $1,000.

The odds of winning the eliminator if each match was 50/50 would be 1 in 262, 144.

Who the hell decided that $1,000 prize money for the eliminator was sufficient? They should of made it $5,000 (same as last year) and reduced the biggest weekly score prize down to $5,000.

Plus the eliminator can really screw with your team if you decide to pursue it. Just my opinion.

He made his team after round 1.

Exactly... I'm facing someone who has made their team after round 3....

Just 8000 points, but nearly 2100 per week...

I'm going to get creamed... I'll be relying on injuries to get through this one...

i thought i was dead and buried this week but with a 624/5 start and relising my opponent has chapman as captain instead of ablett (who he also has) i might have a chance. Hope chapman is a late withdrawal

i had 3 unique players in 2nights match and they all broke 100. good start on my opponent

i have ablett captain

Opponent has 2/196

I have 6/588
Barlow 146 :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Sandi 130 :thumbsu:
Swan 131 :thumbsu:
Pav 89-thought he tried really hard
Shaw 50 :thumbsdown:
Fyfe 42-rookie entitled to a down week here and there
(but oh how I wish I could have started you instead Pods)

Opponent has Ladson and Shoenmakers as backline emergencies so he's in trouble if he has a late withdrawal. Also left NicNat on the bench which surprised me. Other than that should be a close game though, especially with Pods resting on my bench.

Hall's big hundred may go a long way to eliminating me, was relying on him a little to continue his spudation but hes broken that in a big way

Enright, Monty X2, Hayes, Howlett, Jackson Trengove

Vs

13 + Bartel + Scotland + Mackie + Carazzo + Hille

Why did that *** Stevenson score 40 odd in the last quarter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back