Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with teams that were made after round 1? I thought you weren't eligible for Eliminator if you did that?

It'll be interesting going froward to see if I get sniped by one of these guys along the way.

Won by 807 points.

Just for a laugh, I thought I'd tell you my opponents rucks and forwards:
R: Warnock, McNamara, Prato, Keefe

F: Gumby, Ben Johnson, Casboult, N Westhoff, Walsh, Mitch Brown, Silverlock, Hunter, Donaldson, oh plus some Robbie Hicks, Simon Buckley and J Macmillan too.

Must have been playing a fake team cos I've barely heard of half of those guys :D

Won by 807 points.

Just for a laugh, I thought I'd tell you my opponents rucks and forwards:
R: Warnock, McNamara, Prato, Keefe

F: Gumby, Ben Johnson, Casboult, N Westhoff, Walsh, Mitch Brown, Silverlock, Hunter, Donaldson, oh plus some Robbie Hicks, Simon Buckley and J Macmillan too.

Must have been playing a fake team cos I've barely heard of half of those guys :D

LOL must have had some sort of midfield and backline then.

LOL must have had some sort of midfield and backline then.

He/she/it had Ablett and a decent backline...but when your whole forward line is 0's, me thinks you haven't done much homework!

I had a guy who had the 2 guns in every position and then rookies except the mids where he had Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Selwood etc.

He scored 1208, I am through the the next round :)

I had a guy who had the 2 guns in every position and then rookies except the mids where he had Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Selwood etc.

He scored 1208, I am through the the next round :)

Exact opposite would have been more interesting a team of something like:

Hodge, Carazzo, Goddard, Shaw, Broughton, Waters, Enright (Maguire, Nason)
Ablett, Trengove, Barlow, Martin, Bastinac, Jetta (Shuey, Moles)
Sandilands, Cox (Warnock, McNamara)
ROK, Gian, Pav, Brown, Chapman, Didak, Sylvia (Rocky, Pods)

Don't know if it's possible.... probably is pretty close... maybe switch Chappy to Didak and Cox to Kreuz.

thought i would have an easy round but only just got threough by about 50 points.... the guy i was playing had 13 freo players in his team, some guns but some nuffs.... probably didnt help that he had Gablett as cap't.

Onto next week, but don't know how far ill get after that.

What's going on with teams that were made after round 1? I thought you weren't eligible for Eliminator if you did that?

It'll be interesting going froward to see if I get sniped by one of these guys along the way.
Your telling me I already got sniped by a team made after round 1.:thumbsdown:

I knew there would be 5 - 10k teams in the eliminator that were made up after round 1 this year but it shouldn't have mattered because aren't the teams ranked on a weekly score basis? If that is the case and that is my understanding of it, it is really irrelevant which teams are made after round 1. Sometimes u'll just get a tough draw in the eliminator when u might expect an easy one........pure luck of the draw.

^This.

if you put up consistent good scores this wont matter. Its the top halve of weekly eliminator ranking v bottom 1/2.

If a team is made after round one is good it will be in the top 1/2 with you and you wont vs them. If a team made after round 1 is in the bottom halve and you end up vsing them so what? They scored poorly and you should be able to take them out.

It all depends on the quality of your own team and luck depending on who you are matched up against that determaines how far you get.

Given the number of premiums that scored badly or didn't play last week. There will be some very good teams that scored poorply last week and yet still made it through the eliminator. I just hope that I don't draw one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew there would be 5 - 10k teams in the eliminator that were made up after round 1 this year but it shouldn't have mattered because aren't the teams ranked on a weekly score basis? If that is the case and that is my understanding of it, it is really irrelevant which teams are made after round 1. Sometimes u'll just get a tough draw in the eliminator when u might expect an easy one........pure luck of the draw.

The "super" team I played this week hadn't scored any points at all this year .....until this week.

I don't know how he made it into the comp. Are you able to create a team the same week that the eliminator starts?

This was his team...

Goddard, Gram, Birchall, Kennelly, Malceski, Waters, S White, Hams

Ablett, Dal Santo, Montagna, Hodge, K Simpson, Cunnington, Colyer

Leuenberger, Warnock

Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Harvey, Duncan, Waite, Podsiadly, Rockliff

I got lucky when he had a few players out this week, and he forgot to set his emergencies, otherwise it would have been a very close finish.

I am ranked in the top 250 and was in the top 200 weekly ranking, so I copped one of these last minute teams.

I'm now likely to get an infinitely easier team in week 2 because all these last minute teams will now be at the top of the rankings.

DK'sDreamTeam - 1965 def. kokonut ruff - 1524
(Good win)

It also says this... "Round 6 eliminator match-ups will be available here on Wednesday"

Draw is up, and I'm a bit more confident this week. Up against someone who scored 1541 last week including 4 0's, and didn't look like he changed his side from the previous week. Hope he keeps the same team this week.

Not so confident this week.
Me -
overall rank = 7,094th
Elim. rank = 13,850th

Avg. points = 2022pts.

Opponent (Jackos Wackos)
overall rank = 2,054th
Elim. rank = 69,548th

Avg. points = 2061pts.

Playing a team ranked 75,582. Looks like a fairly strong team, but it is troubled by injury with Reimers out alongside Brown and Gram who would have some doubt.

Has Bartel and Selwood, so if Geelong destroy Richmond it could be enough to send me packing. He has players like Jared Brennan and Mark LeCras who could easily turn it on. I'm ranked more than 50,000 places higher in the eliminator rankings but I'm far from confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back