Ellinbank Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ellinbank Football League

Witnessed the worst umpiring in the history of football at Neerim yesterday. Did not really favour one or the other but some of the decisions were just perplexing. At one stage Neerim only had 3 players in the square and then another ran in a couple of seconds before the umpire went to throw it up. The umpire paid a free kick saying he had locked the square. wtf? He did this two centre bounces in a row. Also called shepherds, pushes and paid countless 50's.

Not sure if we are getting worse umpires this year because we are further down the ladder but the umpiring most weeks this year has been at an unacceptable level. Do these blokes have training sessions and practices? They need to watch more footy.

Yer they train Twice a week and have meetings once a week.

darnum will be the biggest improvers, 3rd last to top 3!

the brewsters will not make the team of the year.

phill harris? steve straghier? chris ausrich? all better back line performers and thats after one game

no room for cann or chandler kane martin or dave ivey?

mal michael wont be at chb.

and thats just from a ND view im sure others will have names to throw about to.

So Goodie i belive you were wrong on the Brewsters as i said a few months ago they will be in the team of the year. You sat there and said i was dreaming.

Now there is one of them representing the VCFL team this weekend.

Ehat do you have to say about this mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i still dont think they will make the team of the year but i've only seen him (shane) play twice and he hasnt been what i would classify as team of the material from what i saw, in the first 3 rounds.
i dont know where he would play.

FB Shane Brewster Danny Brewster Justin Evans

HB Robbie Hughes Mal Michael Luke james

C Josh Timenson Clint Evans Ryan Davie

HF Shane Dwyer Ryan Brown Tye Holland

FF Bergiuls Ryan Donaldson George Gorra

R Phil Smith Chris Urie Matt Wade

INT Brad Horrasko Clint Willams Tom Hallinan Kurt Batt

That team is so off the mark look backing the bolded players IMHO would not be there ATM or itallics in that possie.

Was that going for 5's team of the year prediction?

Pretty good I reckon.
The only ones that are not really in contention would be the guys that have been injured in Clint Evans, Gorra, Tymensen and maybe Donno. Rest of the guys are all well and truly in the mix.

From what I saw a couple of weeks ago both the brewster boys would be certainties.

Haha how can you still sit on here and say he wont make team of the year in Ellinbank but this weekend he is representing Victoria Country Footy.
Just a dumb comment.

As for that side there is a few that have been injured and a few in the wrong Position but as a whole i think its still a pretty close side to what i would be picking.

So i suppose you would be fuming that the great Jamie Cann didnt get invited to train with the Vic squad haha

The only disgrace is Darren Sheen, i know everyone will say ah you love Sheeny but lets be serious he has kicked over 270 goals in 2 years and he came second in the whole VCFL goal kicking last year. What more do you have to do to get a call up.

Kurt Batt getting asked to train with the squad is a joke. He is a gun but what has he done over the last 12 months to warrent that. He played in the EDFL all year last year and didnt do much lets be serious. As i say i think hes a jet just not worthy of a call up for Vic selection

Was that going for 5's team of the year prediction?

Pretty good I reckon.
The only ones that are not really in contention would be the guys that have been injured in Clint Evans, Gorra, Tymensen and maybe Donno. Rest of the guys are all well and truly in the mix.

From what I saw a couple of weeks ago both the brewster boys would be certainties.

Cheers Tiger

i think it'll be interesting to see the team of the year this year with so many good players vying for a spot and i'll happily eat humble pie if my comment was wrong. i rate the brewster boys met them a few times and are good blokes, just didnt play great in the two games i've seen them play.

Kurt Batt getting asked to train with the squad is a joke. He is a gun but what has he done over the last 12 months to warrent that. He played in the EDFL all year last year and didnt do much lets be serious. As i say i think hes a jet just not worthy of a call up for Vic selection

Correct that based on form over the last 12 months he shouldn't have been selected. To be fair to him though he has been carrying some pretty serious injuries during that time, yet has still been able to make substantial contributions to the team. Sign of a great player.

At his best I still rate him as the best player in the EDFL but you are right that he has not shown that level over the past year.

Haha how can you still sit on here and say he wont make team of the year in Ellinbank but this weekend he is representing Victoria Country Footy.
Just a dumb comment.

As for that side there is a few that have been injured and a few in the wrong Position but as a whole i think its still a pretty close side to what i would be picking.

So i suppose you would be fuming that the great Jamie Cann didnt get invited to train with the Vic squad haha

The only disgrace is Darren Sheen, i know everyone will say ah you love Sheeny but lets be serious he has kicked over 270 goals in 2 years and he came second in the whole VCFL goal kicking last year. What more do you have to do to get a call up.

The clubs have to nominate the players, maybe he didnt get nominated????

correct me if im wrong but generally isnt this district team usually younger sorts of blokes that get selected anyway?

funny interview with chris urie on the country footy report last night! pus seemed to have no idea. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back