Ellinbank Football League P3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting point made in todays gazette about the Cora Lynn senior side on Saturday with 11 players in that side coming through our thirds, considering we had no proper junior programme until the last few years, that is a massive effort, add to that the 15 players in the reserves side and that is a pretty good retention rate. Also anyone able to shed some light onto Garfields claims that an edfl club is still targeting some of their players hoping to lure them across before the end of june?

Can anyone give me a bit of a report on Justin Sweeney?

Playing for Poowong Seniors..

I know hes played alright the last few weeks, and kicked 12 goals for the year, However a report would be nice :)

11 is more than they have had the last few years which would be good for the club.

We probably have 14-15 most weeks, same as when we played in the GFs it would have been about 15 locals or juniors.

Mostly fringe players who played juniors at several clubs.

Mostly fringe players????....Theres atleast 10 who are in the starting 18 Surkin..and 11 that would get a game ahead of yourself.

Thats a massive positive to have juniors leave,only to then return. Thats saying something about the culture and people around the club....

Clubs can win flags by spending heaps but for long term success you either need to keep your good juniors and have 12-15 in the senior side or have very deep pockets which cora lynn have had for the last for years.

Very hard to win a flag with all locals, even NNG who have been the most dominant in juniors over last 5 years have 5-6 recruits in there side.

Catani look as tho there gone this year, only scored 1 point up until half time and 3 goals for the game, on the other hand Dusties played there best team game for the year and are taking in some good form for the big game against Cora Lynn next week. A low of the day was the tactics used on Santo, well i cant say a punch straight to the face before the ball was bounced is a tactic but it didnt work for them only fired the boys up. The bloke got reported so will see what happens. Dont understand why teams/people resort to dirty play instead of just trying to beat the player fair and square!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as i said i dont know the name. Goodie might know but if he is number 5 then i think its him.

Interesting player been spotted training down at Cora Lynn in John Thwaites.

Don't know if he has been cleared yet but he would be a very good addition to the Cora Lynn midfield if he is able to regain top form.

Yes it was Barry Parsons, got offered 1 week. Didnt take so is going to the tribunal.

Thwaites was cleared a couple of weeks ago.

Yep just looking now. Seems he got second best for the Cora Lynn reserves on saturday. No doubt will be in the senior lineup very shortly.

That number 5 is stupid IMHO for not taking the one week. the punches to santo were reidiculus before the game right in the goal square, only egged santo on and he kicked the first two of the game in classic style. then he had to have a breif vist to the bench to tend to his split lip as a result of the punch.

when was the last time catani only managed 3 goals for a game in the seniors?

So with Catani getting that flogging from the Dusties, it's almost safe to say it is a four horse race now. It's starting to appear as though there is a bigger gap between the top four to the rest of the comp than previous seasons. Do we think that is because of improvement in the top four, or is it more due to the fact the rest have dropped off? The comp has really improved in the last few years, lets hope it doesn't start falling away again.

Garfield coming in has made the league stronger. There is often a big gap between top 4-5 and the rest. This year there is a much smaller gap between top and bottom and between about 7-15 it looks like any team on there day can upset another. Last few years there has always been a couple of really bad teams but the bottom 4 from last year have all improved, seems to be a lot more close games this season.

Catani were 3 goals up against garfield in the 3rd quarter so i think thats just 1 really bad performance. They will still be really tough to beat at home.

I notice the ladder gives 4 points to Buln for the ellinbank game, is that right?

Yep Buln Buln got the 4 points which I feel is wrong. Should have been like the Melbourne Storm situation where no points were awarded unless they actually won.

Can't see it mattering in the long run anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back