Traded Elliot Yeo (2012-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo has been very impressive in the NAB Cup to date and I hope he continues the form into tomorrow's final to seal a place in the round 1 team. He is a good mark, only needs one touch and makes good calm decisions in congestion. Seems to kick well of both sides and certainly is very pacey and elusive.
We look to have a beauty here and hope he will transition to the midfield with experience.

I watched the Collingwood game again today and the lateral movement Kerr spoke of when he was drafted was apparent.
The same thought crossed my mind. He dodges out of traffic with ease.

He is very quick might not look it when you first watch but has real good closing speed . Has a real footy brain to match seems to choose correct options and good skills both sides of the body. Very young still has a long way to go but gee not done a lot wrong yet !!

Best game by Yeo for the Lions i know it was the Nab Cup but he was so smooth and creative when he had the ball we have a very good player here who last night was poised and and showed composure when under pressure hope he continues to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The incident where Yeo got crunched and put his body on the line moments later was highlighted, and resulted in Yeo being 'the Monday Hero' according to Robbo on AFL 360 tonight.
Robbo has a crush on us at the moment.

A few worrying signs from Yeo last night. Harbrow pinching the ball off him when he had a two on one advantage - Suns goal. Horrible missed target kicking across field - Suns goal. Kicks were very up and under. He lacked his normal composure and I was starting to get nervous when he got involved.

A few worrying signs from Yeo last night. Harbrow pinching the ball off him when he had a two on one advantage - Suns goal. Horrible missed target kicking across field - Suns goal. Kicks were very up and under. He lacked his normal composure and I was starting to get nervous when he got involved.

I am hoping it is just an aberration due to the conditions. Hopefully he keeps his place against North and shows what he's good at. North have a few small forwards to take care of and Yeo's closing speed will be ideal.

I think worrying is a bit strong. Kids very rarely walk into league football without a few ups and downs.

Still very, very raw. Will be learning a lot with each senior game.

As I said after the Crows game, I reckon Yeoey needs a rest to freshen up mentally. He seems tired and lacking his normal bounce to me. He's already well ahead of schedule. I'd bring in Harwood next week.

Hopefully he'll sit down with the coaches during the week & look at the tape & learn from these mistakes. for a young buck, that's what it's all about. Fortunately it didn't cost us the game (but only just!!)

I saw him and Vossy looking at each other (either on the video or the tv) and they were both smiling about what i presume was the kick (just they way Yeo shock his head). Sorry don't have the vision but pretty sure that was what it was. I am sure if we lost there wouldn't have been a smile!

Four inside 50s for Yeo. His pace and lateral movement are his strengths, so it was great to see him running with the ball through the corridor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Elliot Yeo (2012-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back