Arts & Humanities Ellyse Perry

Remove this Banner Ad

inb4 some random 31 year old Uruguayan vegan chef with dimples and who only ever rides her bike anywhere, spends all her time listening to Los Strokés & De Ratones y Hombres and has never left the Americas and doesn't own a TV and instead of using pots for her plants she uses old electronic appliances like VCRs and electric mixers which really signifies the birth and death of consumerism.

Trust me when I say I could go on.

The sad thing is, many many silent alarm/radio jakes do this.

And yes you could turn that into 2 paragraphs and you will still be accurate.

Having a missus who hits the gym WITH you is a good quality. Not just goes and plays on her phone while she puts the bike on level 2, but goes weight work, good cardio, eats well. All good qualities that go beyond the would hit scale and move onto the would marry scale.

I dunno I've thought this one through a bit and I see a few disadvantages

1) You can't have sly perves on the other chicks
2) You can see her being perved on by other blokes (not inherently a bad thing, see above, better to receive attention then be ignored)
3) You can see her perving on other blokes

2 and 3 happen regardless (assuming she's a gym goer or fitness person of some sort) but if she goes to the gym on her own at least you don't have to see it happening.

I dunno I've thought this one through a bit and I see a few disadvantages

1) You can't have sly perves on the other chicks
2) You can see her being perved on by other blokes (not inherently a bad thing, see above, better to receive attention then be ignored)
3) You can see her perving on other blokes

2 and 3 happen regardless (assuming she's a gym goer or fitness person of some sort) but if she goes to the gym on her own at least you don't have to see it happening.
4 You go home and wreck her after...

1,2,3 irrelivent

there's a few other hotties floating around the cricket scene.

meg lanning

STHSTAR_031.jpg

hollie ferling (only 17, not sure if that's legal or not)

9-1646532-kry010113ferling1_fct1024x630x17_t460.jpg

17 is perfectly fine

Reviewing the Triple J evidence, she is well into "Would wife" territory for me.
Based on my rating scale, that means she is a 9/10. I would get down on one knee right now if she was in front of me. Then, she'd get on two.*

*Had to make a funny in there somewhere.

meg lanning

Meg Lanning's actually not that great at all unfortunately, seen her close up a few times and she's really nothing special, probs a 1 on the binary though. She did also dismiss me once which could have tarnished my view on her.

That's the first time I've seen Hollie Ferling and first impressions are strong.

Wowee. If you guys think that's worth talking about... They are so painfully average. I'd say at least half of the girls at my high school were as good looking as them. I reckon you dudes have some freudian shit going on with this love of strong jawlines...

I'd probably put them in the 4/10. My scale goes by regret and pride. They are the polar opposites. A 10 is absolutely... it's yer Miranda Kerr. It's someone that if you even got a kiss in, you'd have grounds to brag about forever. A 1 is not seeing your mates for weeks because of the shame and embarrassment. A 5 is a break even, "yeah she was okay looking" suffices.

PS saying you "would wreck" and "would wife" is kind of sexist and makes you look like those Sheikhs who say "women should expect rape if they wear a short skirt." Treating them as nothing more than a sexual object and using really rapey vernacular isn't cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS saying you "would wreck" and "would wife" is kind of sexist and makes you look like those Sheikhs who say "women should expect rape if they wear a short skirt." Treating them as nothing more than a sexual object and using really rapey vernacular isn't cool.

It's difficult to burnish your feminist credentials in the same thread you dismiss a woman for not being "feminine" enough.

Wowee. If you guys think that's worth talking about... They are so painfully average. I'd say at least half of the girls at my high school were as good looking as them. I reckon you dudes have some freudian shit going on with this love of strong jawlines...

I'd probably put them in the 4/10. My scale goes by regret and pride. They are the polar opposites. A 10 is absolutely... it's yer Miranda Kerr. It's someone that if you even got a kiss in, you'd have grounds to brag about forever. A 1 is not seeing your mates for weeks because of the shame and embarrassment. A 5 is a break even, "yeah she was okay looking" suffices.

If she had a vintage girls hairdo that every other girl has atm, she wore floral dresses on Sundays, had her arms and legs covered in terrible sailor jerry tats, rode around in a fixed vintage girls bike with a basket, wore terrible high wasted jeans on thrusdays and listened to boring hipster folk - she would be hot right? Bonus points for her looking like Angie Hart from frente circa 1992.

FWIW not into cricket chicks or sports chicks but she is cute in that dorky way. I wouldnt say she is a hottie but she is def not a 4/10.

There's actually a reasonable chance she'd find her way on this thread. Loads of current day footballers read BF so there is no reason to think cricketers or other sportsmen wouldn't stumble across here at some point.

And yes if she did she'd probably be freaked out but hey, i guess it's better than everyone saying she's disgusting. A bit like the girls who get pissed off when guys make comments to them, but deep down they know it's better than guys completely ignoring them.

I think she'd already be aware that she's pretty popular with the blokes. She gets a lot more attention than any other womens cricketer, ie. tv interviews, radio interviews, magazine shoots with the likes of FHM. She's one of the best womens cricketers too but if she wasn't a babe she wouldn't be getting anywhere near as much attention.

Despite all the attention she still seems quite humble and down to earth, she doesn't strut around like she's some goddess which is another tick in the 'would wife' box.

Upon Googling her and seeing more of her photos, definitely nowhere near an 8 or 9, like at all.

Would go as I said, but there are far better women than her. She is average for me.

Most other women aren't dual international sportswomen though.

As myself and a few others have mentioned it's her sporting ability and desire to keep herself in good nick which bumps her up a couple of points. She's not just a typical chick her age whose only interests are gossiping with her friends on the phone, shopping, getting wasted and posting attention seeking photos on facebook. She might do some of that stuff too but she's also into sport which is a massive plus.

Don't see what's wrong with saying a chick is "would wife" material, it means she's an all round good package in terms of looks, personality, interests etc. I think most would see it as a compliment.

inb4 some random 31 year old Uruguayan vegan chef with dimples and who only ever rides her bike anywhere, spends all her time listening to Los Strokés & De Ratones y Hombres and has never left the Americas and doesn't own a TV and instead of using pots for her plants she uses old electronic appliances like VCRs and electric mixers which really signifies the birth and death of consumerism.

Trust me when I say I could go on.
All of this would mean nothing if she doesn't wear nice shoes

strong internet standards in this thread.

either that or blokes who think every lay needs to be with a miranda kerr look-a-like and only get their end off a couple of times a year.

PS saying you "would wreck" and "would wife" is kind of sexist and makes you look like those Sheikhs who say "women should expect rape if they wear a short skirt."

There is a big difference between these, just saying.
Really, it is just another way to say "Is a 1 on the Binary scale, I would have sex with her if the opportunity arose" and "She's an attractive girl, and seems to be the complete package. I would marry her." Then, the other is saying "She deserves to be r*ped because she dresses like a harlot." Do you see the difference there? If you look really closely, you might see it.
Is calling every guy a sexist pig the move you use to attempt to pick up girls? Is calling a girl hot, and marriage material, even in a more vulgar way really that bad?

Is calling every guy a sexist pig the move you use to attempt to pick up girls?

SA may or may not be one of those guys but there are plenty around and it's hilarious to watch because it almost never ends in a shag. the same as guys who put down all their mates publicly when trying to pick up a girl.

SA may or may not be one of those guys but there are plenty around and it's hilarious to watch because it almost never ends in a shag. the same as guys who put down all their mates publicly when trying to pick up a girl.

Maybe that's what these Arts/Hipster types like. Maybe, he gets more action than we know about by calling us 'sexist types' out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Arts & Humanities Ellyse Perry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back