Email the Prime Minister about 7's poor coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

i sent this just now

Im sure i am not alone in being constantly annoyed at the delayed coverage all sport gets on FTA tv.

In my ideal world all sport would be available to pay tv as long as they showed it live,and also FTA need to negotiate with pay tv to show them delayed like they do now.

At the moment no one gets live sport in my state of WA.
FTA have all the righs protected by your govt and pay tv cannot show them live even though FTA dont either.

Surely those that are prepared to pay for the privelige should be able to watch a sport live if they want it????

At the moment in WA,channel 7 are a blight on the whole sporting world,having all the rights and refusing to show even a local game live.

Their olympics coverage was a shambles and unwatchable.

People get more australian sport live in london than they do on FTA in our own country.

PM its time your govt loosened the strings and allowed pay tv to show everything that FTA will not show live.

At the moment our country is a world laughing stock as far as televised sport goes.

You can fix it.
Will you?

Might do this but may also point out

1) Foxtels use of Gerard Healy and his Bias against anyone who isn't the swans or Carlton.
2) How channel Nine used to show Burke's Backyard rather than the footy on Friday night
3) Ten's pathetic coverage on Saturday nights over the last few years.
4) loosing the regulations on Digital Tv Stations so they can broadcast more than one thing at the time. (but that may break the Foxtel/Nine monopoly on Pay TV)

Hold on whats that, he wont listen. Your right this is a commercial arrangement and nothing will change. The way nine are going financially and in the overall ratings they wont be in the running next TV rights deal.

Khan

p.s I also aren't that happy with the current deals but, ffs get over it

Whinge..whinge..whinge. Harden the **** up.

Coverage is fine. Take the finals. Does anyone within reason expect that if a final isn't sold out, that it is shown live against the gate? Not too many brain cells if you think you do.

What needs to happen is that 1 netowrk..not 3..gets the rights...and that it is free to air - as pay-tv is far too expensive for most people.

So when 7 bids again, my advice to Kerry Stokes and Ian Johnson is to bid for the lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think this will work.

Would much prefer the PM (irrespective of political persuasion you may be, I'd say this about Howard, Keating, Hawke etc), to concentrate on running the country properly. He does that, I'll indirectly get a pay rise as the company I work for will be swimming in record profits, or my income tax will be less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Email the Prime Minister about 7's poor coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back