Embarrasing Crowd Behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the Friday and Sunday games and Flintoff was booed walking out to bat. He hadn't done anything wrong at that stage. I understand booing Pietersen cos he's a tool of the highest order. But Freddie just happens to be a quality cricketer that plays for someone else. You don't deserve to get booed for that. I was embarrassed when it happened.

The admission price was ridiculous, had I paid my money and had to watch that crap from the world XI I would have booed as well.

Sticks 4 said:
I was at the Friday and Sunday games and Flintoff was booed walking out to bat. He hadn't done anything wrong at that stage. I understand booing Pietersen cos he's a tool of the highest order. But Freddie just happens to be a quality cricketer that plays for someone else. You don't deserve to get booed for that. I was embarrassed when it happened.

He is a POM! They are not exactly in our "good" books at the moment!

Aussies are still upset about the Ashes thats why they booed, they booed KP and flintoff more, its only natural for an upset nation to do.

bombersno1 said:
After that performance they pretty much deserved it! The crowd pays good money to see the so-called world's best and look at how bad they played! Pieterson and Flintoff were always going to get it as they were the reason Austrlia lost the Ashes. I'll give Pieterson some credit, him doing his hammy was one of the funniest moment I have seen! Pure GOLD!
Hammy? He batted later, it was severe cramp you git.

ben.carbonaro said:
Yes, I saw that as well.

Disgraceful behaviour all round in my book.
But remember, Dior's are good in your book also, as well as a bunch of uncanny fashion accessories.

I think it was far from disgraceful. Punt-Road-Roar summed it up brilliantly in the second post of this thread. It was a craphouse performance by an elite XI, in which so many people had paid so much money to go see.

The only thing I found disgraceful in the whole match was when the crowd called "no ball" for Murali every time.

eddiesmith said:
The crowd at the GABBA booed and abused Simon Jones when he injured himself last Ashes series

Nothing new from AUssie fans, they know nothing about Good Sportmanship

The English booed most of our players in the Ashes, so what is the difference there?

It is just a bit of fun. The players know that and don't really take it seriously.

The Aussies fans cheered when KP did his hammy, just like the UK popped the champagne when McGrath did his ankle in. The Aussie fans jeered Simon Jones when he wrenched his knee in that horrific accident, the England fans laughed Jason Gillespie off the field.

It is all in the name of good fun and having a good day at the cricket. Not to be taken seriously. Gillespie had a moan about the England fans but "wheres your caravan" is hardely threatening abuse.

Pom and Convict rivalry is gold, long may it continue!

The Legendary RB said:
It is just a bit of fun. The players know that and don't really take it seriously.

The Aussies fans cheered when KP did his hammy, just like the UK popped the champagne when McGrath did his ankle in. The Aussie fans jeered Simon Jones when he wrenched his knee in that horrific accident, the England fans laughed Jason Gillespie off the field.

It is all in the name of good fun and having a good day at the cricket. Not to be taken seriously. Gillespie had a moan about the England fans but "wheres your caravan" is hardely threatening abuse.

Pom and Convict rivalry is gold, long may it continue!

Which means that the behaviour of the crowd is not "embarassing" so to speak but it just happens. That is cricket!

bombersno1 said:
He is a POM! They are not exactly in our "good" books at the moment!
I'm not saying we should embrace him as one of our own, I just reckon booing should be saved for those that deserve it.... not just cos they happened to beat us in the Ashes. i thought it showed pretty poor sportsmanship towards one of the few guys that looked they actually cared about the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
The crowd at the GABBA booed and abused Simon Jones when he injured himself last Ashes series

Nothing new from AUssie fans, they know nothing about Good Sportmanship

you are talking about a minority eddie.
and what about terry alderman in 1982 :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrasing Crowd Behaviour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back