England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

It would appear that there's another controversial change of ball during a test in England to England's benefit.

ok I'll take the bait. Last series Eng v WI the Windies got a ball change resulting in wickets straight away, we didn't complain

Last paragraph

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah looks like the poms are up to there old tricks again

this seriously needs to be looked at ...you just cant whinge and get a better ball

the officials need to wake up and umps show more balls ..;)
You should have to use the same ball until the new ball is due, unless it's lost from being hit out of the ground...If it's a bit out of shape or whatever, just the way the cookie crumbles...Keep the rule simple & fair.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh jeez we're fooked
"Hull, 20, is one of the most exciting young players on the county circuit, although his first-class record is modest with 16 wickets at 62.75."

Normally any Leics players going into the national setup would be cause for celebration but Hull (and Rehan Ahmed) have just got spanked for a double hundred by, er, Ben Charlesworth.

Only people who have been any good for us have been Handscomb and Rishi Patel, we have no bowlers and Hull is nowhere near div 2 county level right now. He's just in the mix because he's a tall left armer.

No idea why Sam Cook is still being ignored.

They're a joke...Pointless playing matches there with these lifeless pitches that keep getting rolled out.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
How crap are Pakistan pitches LMAO...

Pakistan - 6-448
Bangladesh - 6-523

Day 4 Session 2.
Funnily enough Pakistan collapsed in 56 overs in their second dig with Bangladesh chasing the target of 30 without fuss.

Big away win for Bangladesh.

Ahh more ball change cheating from England assisted by complacent umpires. 5th Ashes test all over again.

England gamesmanship knows no bounds.

It sounds like they are only putting in balls of good condition for the umpires to select from. Given most ball changes will be granted for balls that have succumbed to a grievous fault after quite a bit of use they are basically procuring a "new" ball if they can secure a change of ball.

Some talk of these balls being being older balls with a more pronounced seam too.

For the Spirit of Cricket gentlemen!

I have no problem moaning about teams getting the ball changed, it’s getting stupid, but can we stop pretending like England are the bad guys at this? Every team does it. As soon as nothing is happening they all do it. I hope they change the rule and stop allowing it to happen, but in the meantime it is the rule and every team tries to exploit it

Next you'll say swapping the bails over is cheating

I have no problem moaning about teams getting the ball changed, it’s getting stupid, but can we stop pretending like England are the bad guys at this? Every team does it. As soon as nothing is happening they all do it. I hope they change the rule and stop allowing it to happen, but in the meantime it is the rule and every team tries to exploit it
The issue to me is the rumoured manipulation of the replacement balls on offer to ensure a "better" ball than what had developed from normal play.

I'm not sure why the ball needs to be changed for going out of shape etc. Surely a crook ball is just as likely to misbehave in a favourable manner for the fielding side?

The issue to me is the rumoured manipulation of the replacement balls on offer to ensure a "better" ball than what had developed from normal play.

I'm not sure why the ball needs to be changed for going out of shape etc. Surely a crook ball is just as likely to misbehave in a favourable manner for the fielding side?

I’ve always thought exactly the same thing - wouldn’t it move unpredictably off the pitch more if it’s out of shape and eventually swing more?

And surely the replacement balls are policed by the match referee and the icc?

I’ve always thought exactly the same thing - wouldn’t it move unpredictably off the pitch more if it’s out of shape and eventually swing more?

And surely the replacement balls are policed by the match referee and the icc?
The balls would have to be the correct type and similar condition but who is collecting/keeping test level balls like this. Are they even the same ball they use for County/Shield et al?

In my head I imagine they would have a box of balls 0-10 overs old, 10-20 overs old etc with around 10 balls at least in each box.

But I suspect that's not actually the case.

What seems clear is that there are no where near enough balls in the critical 30-50 over range - the most common range that suspect balls seem to be breaking down - being kept/made available to select from.

I very much agree that the easiest solution is that you get your rock for 80 overs and come what may. Umpire can clean up loose stitching and that's your lot.

Sri Lanka winning the toss and choosing to bowl when conditions look great for batting, England probably can't believe their luck.

Sri Lanka making two changes with Nissanka replacing Kusal Mendis and Lahiru Kumara replacing Vishwa Fernando.

Just the one change for England with Olly Stone replacing Mark Wood.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

England vs Sri Lanka 3 tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back