FTA-TV Entourage

Remove this Banner Ad

I've started watching Season 1 but what is wrong with it after season 4? Does it go all HIMYM?

I've started watching Season 1 but what is wrong with it after season 4? Does it go all HIMYM?

I just think the story archs seem more 'stretched' after seasons 4-5.

From that point, the dialogue/interaction between characters doesn't seem as funny, and it's as though they've exhausted all of the possible 'Hollywood' storylines. For instance,
the main character's rise to fame, then fall, then rise back up again, and how his friends/agent deal with all that, then subsequent drug problem.

Everything just seems forced come season 6-7.

EDIT: Ari Gold still Gold however

Well, I just finished all 7 seasons, and I'm seriously hooked!:thumbsu: I can't believe we have to wait til mid next year for the last season, there are so many loose ends to tie up!

Almost finished Season 4 now and I love it so much I want sex with it, so hard to say 'I'm going to stop watching now' The show was great in it's early seasons, but I think it has got better in some ways but not in all ways, at the moment I just find they aren't chilling and doing any cool shit anymore, which kinda sucks, don't see too many celebs on the show like we did in the early seasons.

When does Season 7 release on DVD here?

I've just finished watching up until the end of Season 4, so I'm dodging the last 50 or so posts on this thread. Magnificent show ... totally hooked. The fact that my better half loves it too makes for compulsive viewing.

As a 70's child, I can't help drawing some loose structural comparisons between Entourage and Happy Days (30 years will obviously change what's acceptable on television). With E clearly being the Richie Cunningham role, Vince the Fonz, and Drama and Turtle the sort of Potsie and Ralph Malph sidekick characters. Sure, this makes no real allowances for the great Ari role, but still there's some parallels.

Now, excuse me while I indulge myself in Season 5.

I'

As a 70's child, I can't help drawing some loose structural comparisons between Entourage and Happy Days (30 years will obviously change what's acceptable on television). With E clearly being the Richie Cunningham role, Vince the Fonz, and Drama and Turtle the sort of Potsie and Ralph Malph sidekick characters. Sure, this makes no real allowances for the great Ari role, but still there's some parallels.

Now, excuse me while I indulge myself in Season 5.

well you better get ready for it jumping the shark around season 7:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 1-4 - EPIC.
Season 5-7 - My eyes are burning
Season 8 - Some Redemption.

Ari is one of the best 2 or 3 characters ever, for me.

Seasons 1-3,5 All very quality for me.

And from memory 4 and 7 were probably my least faveourite and 6 and 8 were ok.

And most definitely agree on Ari

Entourage's final season was the biggest load of tripe ever.

It didn't redeem sh*t for me. It only confirmed the show was mailing it in the final seasons.

Some of the laziest writing you will ever see on a 'hit' show. Borderline insulting the ending was.

Agree with others, Jeremy Piven was a star all the way through. So many of Ari's monologues are classic.

Season 1-4 - EPIC.
Season 5-7 - My eyes are burning
Season 8 - Some Redemption.

Not getting the hatred for Season 5 at all, C2R. At last some depth was given to Vinnie Chase's character, rather than just the smiling pretty boy Vinnie Barbarino of the first four seasons. He finally came into his own as a character (ironically - or maybe not - mirroring what Verner Vollstedt was trying to get out of him in Smokejumpers) and displayed his vulnerabilities and flaws.

The whole Frat-boy thing had the potential to get a bit stale after any more than four consecutive seasons so it was a well-timed excursion away from the norm. Each to their own though, I spose.

And by the way, is it wrong for both me and my wife to be imagining Sloane?

Dunno if that'll get through the household censorship committee Pete, but I can assure you that there's every likelihood Eric Murphy would be imagining her while he's at it with Sloane.:D

Hi I'm Vincent Chase.

Feel free to pass on the pics of your missus and I'll see that the little bitch (Eric) gets them.

P.s the scene where Eric and Sloane try anal could of been much better...just sayin'

One of my favourite shows and I usually find myself going back every 2-3 years to watch over a season or 2.

Season 1-4 are great but Ari carried the show after that with Season 6 and 7 having some good moments.

Favorite moment?

For me it's this

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Entourage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back