Bolton W. 2 - 2 Liverpool

Everton 3 - 1 Charlton Athletic

Fulham 2 - 1 Sunderland

Newcastle U. 2 - 2 Middlesbrough

19:35 Blackburn R. ? - ? Portsmouth

--------------------------------------

Great wins to Birmingham, Everton and Fulham :thumbsu:

COME ON ROVERS!

It's the ideal result for me. We're not so far ahead of either side that I can be comfortable that were not going to be overtaken. Even better, it'll keep both managers in a job, and I think both clubs have the potential to be very good with a decent manager.

Must admit I'm looking forward to seeing Smug McLarens face when he talks about what a maaaaaarrrrrrrvelous and maaaaaaagnificent result it was for Boro.

moomba said:
Must admit I'm looking forward to seeing Smug McLarens face when he talks about what a maaaaaarrrrrrrvelous and maaaaaaagnificent result it was for Boro.

I'm sure the players showed treMENdous character as well

0,,5~2710949,00.jpg

Re: Newcastle Utd v Middlesboro.

Mel B said:
NewcastleHSS0507.gif
v
MiddlesbroughHSS0304.gif

2/1/2006. I was so looking forward to this match but i did not go to St James' Park. Ho ho ho ho.

When you let Boro score 2 against you, you know you are in trouble.

Re: Newcastle Utd v Middlesboro.

Jaymin said:
When you let Boro score 2 against you, you know you are in trouble.

:confused:
You could say it the other way round, Boro have scored five mroe goals then Newcastle this season

moomba said:

"But it can't take away from the performance of the team, they were magnificent today"; :)

A pretty good game against two very average sides. Both teams had shouts for a penalty with Boro's looking pretty clear cut but lets give credit where credits due, what brilliant play by Elliot :D

Probably a fair result on reflection. You couldnt half tell that Brian Marwood (commentator) was a mackem though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fantastic_crows said:
Probably a fair result on reflection. You couldnt half tell that Brian Marwood (commentator) was a mackem though

What is it with all the Sky commentators this season? I can't remember a televised game this season where we haven't been rubbished incessantly, regardless of the state of play.

Take the game this morning as a prime example.

Bramble and Boumsong are pilloried for the duration (largely warranted, but come on, every week?), while Southgate and co were praised to heaven at every opportunity, despite some equally poor work.

For that reason I especially liked Southgate's hashed clearance under no pressure which lead to the last corner, immediately followed by Schwarzer's expert assist for Clark's equaliser.

moomba said:
He apparently still cops a slagging from Toffees for his commentary last year on that Chumps League match where Gerrard scored the late piledriver (Olympiakos?). Don't know if you had his commentary, Gerrard...you beautyyyyyyy. Aparently he enjoyed it a little bit too much.

Yeah, the biggest and longest you beauty you'll ever hear.

I particularly like his "Game Over" though in the final when it was 2-0 (Mind you, everyone thought that)

I also like the way he so reluctantedly said "It seem so" when asked if we're a better side than the one that won the European Cup last season. He sounded like his dog just died

Cooldude said:
And Bolton is matching Chelsea on diving stakes as far as today's performance is concerned, 9 out of 10, I'd give them a perfect 10 if only their players and manager ain't so fugly

I agree, Nolan's dive when Carragher tickled his legs in the penalty area was just disgraceful, he went down like a sack of spuds.

Oh, hang on...

moomba said:
I've just seen the Reo-Coker tackle and heard that the FA isn't going to take any action.

What an appalling case of double standards.

It was a free kick. That is all.

Personally, why wasn't Geremi sent for throwing his elbow into Benayoun's face, or Duff sent for lunging in with two feet, with studs showing?

But hey, let's cry over Chelsea, they are so hard done by.

And Lampard is a fat ******** who is scared of Carl Fletcher.

Hoggy said:
It was a free kick. That is all.

Personally, why wasn't Geremi sent for throwing his elbow into Benayoun's face, or Duff sent for lunging in with two feet, with studs showing?

But hey, let's cry over Chelsea, they are so hard done by.

Haven't seen the Geremi or Duff ones yet, but IMO it was a clear red, not a lot worse than the ones that Essien has got into trouble over. And it's not a matter of crying over Chelsea, the FA should treat every club the same, in this case they haven't.

moomba said:
Haven't seen the Geremi or Duff ones yet, but IMO it was a clear red, not a lot worse than the ones that Essien has got into trouble over. And it's not a matter of crying over Chelsea, the FA should treat every club the same, in this case they haven't.

As Chris Coleman said...what are the chances of getting two penalties at Stamford Bridge in the same game. Even though they deserved them.

They get every 50-50 decision going their way. Every single one.

Geremi elbowed both Benayoun and Etherington in the face, didn't even get carded.

Carl Fletcher says "f*ck off you fat c*nt" to Lampard, and gets a card.

Go figure.

Ryan Nelson has been charged with misconduct by the FA today, not sure what for but it will be interesting to compare his misdemeanour to Reo-Cokers.

[edit]It was for comments about Halsey after the match, so no comparison to make[/edit]

Thewlis Dish said:
I agree, Nolan's dive when Carragher tickled his legs in the penalty area was just disgraceful, he went down like a sack of spuds.

Oh, hang on...

That particular incident should've been a pen, evens out one of their goals which was a yard offside then

But you obviously missed some of the gold medal winning diving from Diouf and Davies for the entire 90 minutes, it's bad just watching the highlights you know. If you didn't watch the full match, you shouldn't comment, ya know

Hoggy said:
As Chris Coleman said...what are the chances of getting two penalties at Stamford Bridge in the same game. Even though they deserved them.

They get every 50-50 decision going their way. Every single one.

Geremi elbowed both Benayoun and Etherington in the face, didn't even get carded.

Carl Fletcher says "f*ck off you fat c*nt" to Lampard, and gets a card.

Go figure.
Howard Webb had an absolute shocker last night. Of course we shouldn't be suprised with the way Premier League Refs are going.

I though Reo - Coker definitely deserved a yellow, but he doesn't need to be cited.

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL - January 2,3,4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back