Premier Lg EPL Matchday 1 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I am genuinely surprised, even at the minimum I expected Pool to pick up a new CM and maybe a young versatile LW/RW who can eventually take over Salah.

Haven't they had a bid accepted for a new CM?

Quansah. Yeah he's very good but we still really only have VVD, Konate and Quansah.

Gomez is a CB but last season played mainly as a full back so not sure where Slot sees him and there has also been rumours of his departure this summer too.

3 CB's is not enough when trying to fight on four fronts this coming season.

So they had a settled squad to start a season?

I’m always amazed how late transfers happen. We’re talking about getting multiple players in, the week our season begins. Why is this not done a month earlier?

So they had a settled squad to start a season?

I’m always amazed how late transfers happen. We’re talking about getting multiple players in, the week our season begins. Why is this not done a month earlier?

There were a few tournaments over the summer you may have missed. ;)

Euros, Copa, Olympics to name a few..

My broader point was why would Liverpool specifically have done all their business earlier when no one else has?

There were a few tournaments over the summer you may have missed. ;)

Euros, Copa, Olympics to name a few..

My broader point was why would Liverpool specifically have done all their business earlier when no one else has?
The tournaments don’t really make a difference, I feel like this still happens in years there aren’t international tournaments.

Not suggesting Liverpool should be any more unique than any other club, it’s just always been a bugbear of mine. Take Leicester for instance, we’ve had all offseason. If we need to make moves, make them. Don’t wait until the week the season starts…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tournaments don’t really make a difference, I feel like this still happens in years there aren’t international tournaments.

Not suggesting Liverpool should be any more unique than any other club, it’s just always been a bugbear of mine. Take Leicester for instance, we’ve had all offseason. If we need to make moves, make them. Don’t wait until the week the season starts…

They make a massive difference. How do they not?

We've just signed Liam Millar who was at Copa with Canada because he's been on holidays the last two weeks and wasn't going to make a decision about his future until he was back.

You can't just 'make moves' players have to agree to moves.. they want to see what their options are. Players will rarely move at the start of the window for that reason.

Because most teams have at least "something" done already, even Arsenal are ****ing about have one of their transfer targets in the squad and getting match time while other deals are being worked on.

The only club who can probably do nothing is City and even then they probably now need a back up ST now that Alvarez is gone unless they have a kid coming through.

Because most teams have at least "something" done already, even Arsenal are ****ing about have one of their transfer targets in the squad and getting match time while other deals are being worked on.

The only club who can probably do nothing is City and even then they probably now need a back up ST now that Alvarez is gone unless they have a kid coming through.
Something is very different to having everything done.

City just sold their kid which is ironic.

They make a massive difference. How do they not?

We've just signed Liam Millar who was at Copa with Canada because he's been on holidays the last two weeks and wasn't going to make a decision about his future until he was back.

You can't just 'make moves' players have to agree to moves.. they want to see what their options are. Players will rarely move at the start of the window for that reason.
Because I don't feel like it's any different in an off season where there are no international tournaments.

Deals still happen way later in the window.

Because I don't feel like it's any different in an off season where there are no international tournaments.

Deals still happen way later in the window.

It's significantly different. Business still gets done late in any window because that's the nature of trickle down economics but in a window with major international tournaments of course that's going to be even more exagerrated.

Got my ticket to United vs Fulham!

Excited is an understatement, have wanted to watch a game at Old Trafford since I was a kid
Enjoy. But bring an umbrella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 1 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back