Premier Lg EPL Matchday 15 & 16 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

We keep hearing "chelsea is a long term project" but we all know they are a "win now" club who dont build for the future.
They want instant success .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tired & injuries does not excuse back-to-back 3-0 losses.

Newcastle just feeling the effects of overachieving last season.

Tired & injuries does not excuse back-to-back 3-0 losses.

Newcastle just feeling the effects of overachieving last season.
Newcastle feeling the effects of a small squad that is heavily injured and playing Champions League in a difficult group. Similar is happening to Brighton.

Out (suspended or injured): Tonali, Pope, Barnes, Botman, Murphy, Burn, Targett, Anderson, Willock.

Tonali, Pope and Botman are 100% starters. Burn was starting as well but Livramento has done well. Barnes and Anderson were in good form.

Haven’t really brought anyone either.
Could be a one hit wonder season
Lol what, they've spent 335m pounds over the last 2 seasons.

For contrast, Everton have spent 120m pounds over the last 2 seasons.

The only brought in 3 First teamers this season. They sold 2. I like to Saudi Bash as much as the next person but lets not loose perspective.

The only brought in 3 First teamers this season. They sold 2. I like to Saudi Bash as much as the next person but lets not loose perspective.
Yeah they still play guys like Murphy, Longstaff, Schar, Ritchie, Almiron etc.
Only 3 blokes they've really splashed on are Bruno, Tonali and Isak

Last season they bought:

Nick Pope
Gordon
Isak

This season they bought:

Tonali (Okay very unlucky here, I'll admit)
Barnes
Livramento

That's still 6/11 positions filled in just two seasons. 5/11 if you want to give them a break re: Tonali. More importantly, their only real loss was ASM and they got decent money for him via Saudi. I'm not counting a 31 year-old Chris Wood, who was on loan the year prior anyway.

Lastly, the total sum of transfers in the last two seasons.

Newcastle: -280m Pounds Negative.
Everton: +67m Pounds Profit.

So to say they haven't bought anyone or spent any money is just wrong. They've done well last season and their schedule is heavy because of it but they've spent a massive amount of money to be just 3 points above Everton, who mind you had injuries to start the season as well.

Last season they bought:

Nick Pope
Gordon
Isak

This season they bought:

Tonali (Okay very unlucky here, I'll admit)
Barnes
Livramento

That's still 6/11 positions filled in just two seasons. 5/11 if you want to give them a break re: Tonali. More importantly, their only real loss was ASM and they got decent money for him via Saudi. I'm not counting a 31 year-old Chris Wood, who was on loan the year prior anyway.

Lastly, the total sum of transfers in the last two seasons.

Newcastle: -280m Pounds Negative.
Everton: +67m Pounds Profit.

So to say they haven't bought anyone or spent any money is just wrong. They've done well last season and their schedule is heavy because of it but they've spent a massive amount of money to be just 3 points above Everton, who mind you had injuries to start the season as well.
And how many of those guys are injured? And how many average players do they still have? They're struggling with injuries and playing more games this season, happens to some teams who probably weren't ready but doesn't make them one season wonders.

Also Everton didn't have a lot of injuries and no one is saying Newcastle didn't buy players. Be objective

Just the big money stars.
Apart from Tonali and Barnes, hardly added to a squad that is under big pressure from Champions League and top 4 expectations.

Still need a top winger/forward. Joelinton sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back